Dodge Viper Oreca

  • Thread starter Thread starter seadog777
  • 26 comments
  • 2,084 views

seadog777

Premium
Messages
3,014
Malaysia
Iskandar
Messages
seadog777
Bought it yesterday and am pleasantly surprised! Handles well, sounds good, plenty of oomph... yet doesn't seem to be mentioned much as a contender.

It walks the American Championship, with no mods, not even tyres, and with a full mod pack is lapping on Dream Car Championship.

Just thought I'd mention it.....:)
 
I must agree. I thought it would be tail happy but with racing softs this car is excellent.
 
I've seen it compete many times in the LeMans 24h at level35 and it always seems to come bottom but it must have something worth buying it for just by the fact that it's actually in the running for LM.
Is it in the USD or the NCD? I'm at work now so can't check but I want one.
 
I've seen it compete many times in the LeMans 24h at level35 and it always seems to come bottom but it must have something worth buying it for just by the fact that it's actually in the running for LM.
Is it in the USD or the NCD? I'm at work now so can't check but I want one.

I got mine in the UCD.... it's only the second time I've seen it come up. The one in the NCD seems to be a "green" version!!
 
there's 2

#
51
and
#91

look the same
 
It's one of my favourite cars, love taking it round the Nurburgring.
 
there's 2

#
51
and
#91

look the same

If they are the ones I've seen running LM 24H maybe they're the same car but they seem to be named differently.
One may be the Dodge Team O.....
And the other is Viper Team O.....
 
how much hp and torque fully modded?
 
I agree! That is car is absolutely fantastic bone stock. I haven't tried to tune it, i have both of them so i should maybe give it a try.
 
Agreed. Its been a great car since GT1 (or was it 2?) 👍
 
I love this car. Won Dream Car and GT All-Stars with it!
 
Still one of my all time GT favorite cars. Tune it right and it is a monster :)
 
how much hp and torque fully modded?

With a stage 3 turbo and doing the stage 3 engine tune up (it comes with stage 2), the HP goes to 833, the torque is 660 ft/lb, weight is 1150Kg and PP is a lowly 683 for some reason.

That's the number 91.
 
Agreed. Its been a great car since GT1 (or was it 2?) 👍

it was in GT1, it was just reffered to as Dodge Viper GTS (R). I remember it was all I used once I got it.
 
It walks the American Championship, with no mods, not even tyres

God it must be a quick car if it can win the American Champ without no mods and no tyres! :P
 
still need to buy this car (have all the other vipers)
 
One's a Dodge. The other is a Chrysler.

Some of the sponsors are different as well. The #51 Viper has a Playstation sponsor on the side of the car, whereas the #91 Viper doesn't. Some of the other sponsors are in different places too.

I still only have the #91 Viper which is a great car to drive. It's definitely worth buying one of the Oreca Viper's in my opinion.
 
Yea as you can see by my avater i love the team Oreca viper alot -_-
 
gazzamark
It's one of my favourite cars, love taking it round the Nurburgring.

Sounds a bit of a challenge , I have both and next time I play I will give it a try good idea !
 
ah the power and torque #s make it pure disappointment for me :( huge v10 making such weak #s
 
ah the power and torque #s make it pure disappointment for me :( huge v10 making such weak #s
Why do you say that? 600 and 550 don't sound too shabby to me.
 
Says right on the description it should make over 690 HP for one, and for two Im talking fully tuned.

I expected at least 950 HP and 850 torque.
 
ah the power and torque #s make it pure disappointment for me :( huge v10 making such weak #s

it was a GT2/GTS car back in the day...that is the type of power those cars make...

the car DOMINATED international racing (in its class) for YEARS in the late 90's and early 00's...
 
Says right on the description it should make over 690 HP for one
It was capable of that much power. The GTS-R famously had its power limited to around 600 because it was far too powerful for the class otherwise. The Lister Storm that competed with it in 1999/2000 was the same way, as was the Corvette C5-R when it came out a couple of years later.
 
Last edited:
Back