Dodge Viper Seasonal Event Time trial

  • Thread starter Thread starter bjosim
  • 11 comments
  • 828 views

bjosim

GTP addicted reader
Premium
Messages
349
Does the leaderboard change if You tune or upgrade the car, or is it always the same? Struggling to cut 7 more secs...
 
Ok, seems changes have no effect. Guess that's why the traction control is always on when you re-enter. Now I have to shave off 5 secs, but I can only manage a few tenths at a time so over 5 secs seems impossible!? I can see from the leaderboard that it is a GTPlanet user too...
 
Well, been watching the replay and that guy is basically drifting through the entire course! Impressive :)

*talking to myself out loud*
 
You can use the RA menu to adjust your brake balance. That could help you out some.

Sark
 
Watch out for the triple posts, the edit button is yout friend 👍 Aaaand... I think this thread should be moved to the Seasonal Events forum... 💡

I haven't tried the Time Trial myself yet. I just hope I can get amongst the first... 10,000 1st places :lol:
 
You can use the RA menu to adjust your brake balance. That could help you out some.

Sark

Done it, I put it to 10 front, 5 back. Felt a little better.

Initially my goal was to get to top 100, but now I'll be lucky to reach top 1000, but I'll try ;)
 
Check out The watering hole. I have 3 tunes for the Viper ACR.
 
You can't tune the car in the Viper ACR seasonals..👍
 
The #1 guy has so much throttle in the corners i can't believe it.. Is there any way one can cheat? Having a hard time believing what I'm seeing.. The car seems to respond so well to the drivers input, when i try to do the same, the car only understeers :/

By the way: Does anybody have an idea of what is the optimum brake balance for this?
 
Last edited:
The #1 guy has so much throttle in the corners i can't believe it.. Is there any way one can cheat? Having a hard time believing what I'm seeing.. The car seems to respond so well to the drivers input, when i try to do the same, the car only understeers :/

By the way: Does anybody have an idea of what is the optimum brake balance for this?

The only way he could be cheating is if he has some way to alter the memory space which would require a development console or some program that runs as a frontend for GT5.

Likely he's using a high end wheel controller instead of a gamepad and practiced his ass off. Wheels give you a lot more fine control than a gamepad.

For brake balance I went with much more in the back to minimize understeer and trail braked into the turns. I still can't come close to the top scores. It just takes an extreme level of control and skill to get the most out of that car. Also try short shifting. Look at the torque/HP curve and you'll see where max torque is and shoot for the torque peak as a shifting point.

Sark
 
Yeah, just seems so crazy to be able to do that.

I'm using a T500RS Ferrari wheel and a seat so that part is covered, but I have decided to learn how to drive without ABS, really hard, but they say you can brake better without it if you have the skills.

Funny, I always thought I was quite good, guess you could call this a reality check! LOL :)
 
Try this thread in the Seasonals section for more discussion on TT#57...

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=275531

Leaders are definitely NOT cheating... they are just able to get on the power earlier and harder than you as they controlling their speed more accurately and are using less steering lock through the corners - the amount of throttle you can use is inversely proportional to the amount of steering angle to have applied.

The car understeers unless you get on the power too hard, so set your BB to something like 5,7, focus on getting your corner entry speed right, and don't try to pick up the throttle before the apex.

Once you get the front wheels straight, the car will take full throttle in 2nd without any wheelspin and even with lock applied, you can use quite a decent amount of throttle on most exits.
 
Back