- 10,902

- Belgium
- bramturismo
Woah, sorry for the long and perhaps confusing thread title 
But anyway, while looking through some Feeder Live shows, I was stunned when I saw this bass:
I know he designs his own basses, but a comment read "nice rickenbacker copy", so I went to google to check it out, and I found this:
It's a little bit different, far from as beautiful as the bassist was using...Was it a copy? Was it a certain model? A modified Rickenbacker perhaps? Or maybe his own creation?
Whatever it is, that bass has got me drooling all over it and it has made me lost my interest in a Fender a little bit.
Here's the deal, right now I'm using two basses, a Westone Spectrum II fretless which I rarely use due to the crappy sound it makes with the music I play. And the second one is a cheap Fender Jazz copy, an SX Vintage 4 string bass.
The SX gives me a limited feeling, where it gave me a great feeling to start with a year ago. But that was in the time I couldn't play a scale or slap and pop, which I can now (but of course not so good since I've only got a year experience). I've been thinking about buying a real bass for quite a while now, though I've never known which suited me perfectly.
What I'm looking for? Well, you could call me a Feeder bassist, only coming from Norway
The sound he uses is "so my style, so me". It's rather hard to explain but I'm always impressed with the bass in Feeder songs...
A little into detail on what I have been looking for; a Fender Precision bass is basically the only thing I've come across which had me going "holy crap! I want one!" I've seen a LOT of fine basses out there, including Pako's bass but for some reason, only the Fender Precision managed to get me going. Untill now then...
So, is a Rickenbacker bass any good? Or should I stick with my Fender fanboy-ism and go with a Fender?
But anyway, while looking through some Feeder Live shows, I was stunned when I saw this bass:
I know he designs his own basses, but a comment read "nice rickenbacker copy", so I went to google to check it out, and I found this:
It's a little bit different, far from as beautiful as the bassist was using...Was it a copy? Was it a certain model? A modified Rickenbacker perhaps? Or maybe his own creation?
Whatever it is, that bass has got me drooling all over it and it has made me lost my interest in a Fender a little bit.
Here's the deal, right now I'm using two basses, a Westone Spectrum II fretless which I rarely use due to the crappy sound it makes with the music I play. And the second one is a cheap Fender Jazz copy, an SX Vintage 4 string bass.
The SX gives me a limited feeling, where it gave me a great feeling to start with a year ago. But that was in the time I couldn't play a scale or slap and pop, which I can now (but of course not so good since I've only got a year experience). I've been thinking about buying a real bass for quite a while now, though I've never known which suited me perfectly.
What I'm looking for? Well, you could call me a Feeder bassist, only coming from Norway
A little into detail on what I have been looking for; a Fender Precision bass is basically the only thing I've come across which had me going "holy crap! I want one!" I've seen a LOT of fine basses out there, including Pako's bass but for some reason, only the Fender Precision managed to get me going. Untill now then...
So, is a Rickenbacker bass any good? Or should I stick with my Fender fanboy-ism and go with a Fender?