Does anyone else do this?

  • Thread starter Thread starter apec
  • 18 comments
  • 1,814 views

do you have any set-up like this?


  • Total voters
    42
Messages
120
Messages
dabroad
i have this spreadsheet I've made to test all of my cars against each other.
The track is Deep Forest and all cars are using racing soft tires (i know, i know).
For me, this is the most fun part of the game, testing each car against each other.
 

Attachments

Is there a "not yet" option. Give me three or four years...
 
I just can't be bothered and I'm not really into doing time trails with different cars and comparing them. Might do it though before the Endurance races.
 
You should do three tracks.

Maybe Autumn Ring Mini, Monza as well.

This will give you a way to fully compare.

A small slow track, a fast open track and an in between.
 
I use stock cars or sports tunes..If I like a car I do custom tunes.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Milldrum
You should do three tracks.

Maybe Autumn Ring Mini, Monza as well.

This will give you a way to fully compare.

A small slow track, a fast open track and an in between.

Very good idea brother. Maybe a bit tine consuming, but great idea.
 
It's good to see someone this into the game. I don't but might in the future I suppose.
 
I just get very bored with online racing and im a real car and racing guy, you know

But still looking for ideas!!
 
I do something like that on Daytona because I find I can drive it more consistently. If I did this on Deep Forest I would end up with cars with close times but the difference being my driving and not the car alone.

Do you do many laps and the recorded times are the single best lap achieved, or averages, or first lap on first attempt. And how many practice laps do you do to ensure tuning (suspension, gear ratios etc) is perfect for every car?
 
I'm currently working on a 1 lap run of the Nurburgring Nordschleife with the lowest power cars. Citroen? About 18 minutes or so... hence the one lap.

I started doing this when Prologue came out, running 10 laps on each coarse with each car. As I went, I got a little faster, and a much better appreciation for the physics. Racing people online helped me learn various other racing techniques, but for a hot lap, I knew what to do and where.

I just wish we had a way to keep ALL of our track records for time trials. Leaderboards would be cool (I know they're in demand), but I'd be happy with just a records and stats section.
 
Yeah, I do the exact same thing. When I get a new car, before I do any mods, I record a standing start lap time on the Top Gear Track then I get a one lap time at the 'ring. I keep it all charted on my computer. Sick of grinding to buy more cars though.
 
If your using iPhone app my attachment does not show.
 
I don't do spreadsheets specifically for this track but my website is packed full of Test Curse Max Speed, 400M, and 1,000M tests (and other testing) for almost 200 cars now. I love techinical data, like the OP apparently does.
 
It's good to see others share my passion.
Not everyone just grinds.
 
I do the same things but do not resort to a pdf file,I use a lil notebook..Sad I know.. :lol:
 
I always did this in GT4, too.
 
I'm gonna start one now lol. I've never really thought about it so thanks :) 👍
 
This might be the best hint about this game to do for some time. Real time and red time (nurburg) records for a few tracks for a number of laps.
 
apec
i have this spreadsheet I've made to test all of my cars against each other.
The track is Deep Forest and all cars are using racing soft tires (i know, i know).
For me, this is the most fun part of the game, testing each car against each other.

I do exactly this! Biggest motivation to play GT5.

High five!!!
 
Back