Does anyone else prefer the Prologue F2007?

  • Thread starter Thread starter zedextreme8177
  • 10 comments
  • 1,476 views

Which of the F2007's do you prefer?

  • GT5

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Prologue

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Can't decide

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Both are terrible

    Votes: 2 9.5%

  • Total voters
    21
Messages
3,220
Maldives
Maldives
Messages
zedextreme8177
I'm really disappointed by how PD completely messed up this car in GT5, after getting it near-perfect in Prologue :(

- The gearshifts take too long - Not an issue in Prologue
- The gearing itself is completely wrong, 1-2-3-4 is too short while 5-6-7 are too long - Prologue had it correct, with long 1st and 2nd gears, followed by a relatively short 4-5-6-7 sequence like the real car. Adjusting each ratio manually still keeps the gear ratio largely incorrect compared to the real car.
- [Opinion] The Prologue F2007 had better onboard camera angles [/Opinion]
- Sound: The GT5 version has slightly better recordings, but this is ruined by the excessively long gearing :ouch:

In GT5


Prologue


Compare the speeds the cars are doing in the videos, along with the corresponding gears. In real-life F1 cars and Prologue, you are able to use 6 gears effectively, whereas you only have around 4 usable gears in GT5

Real-life


Your opinions on this?
 
Last edited:
You'd think it be a simple case of importing data into the GT5 system but no. I prefer almost everything in GT5 P compared to GT5, quite apart from all the premium cars and the photomode, GT5p had better everything.
 
The transmission is adjustable, I fail to see the gearing as an issue as a result. Just run whatever gearing you feel like. The sound is better in gt5 in my opinion, but that really does not matter. The gear shift time seems right to me, without the aid of something to measure it.
 
Transmissions can be changed, and I think it would be better to compare the car when it is on the same track thus it would give people a better idea of the gear sounds. The first corner on Daytona is very different then the Nurb.
 
^Adjusting each ratio manually still keeps the gear ratio largely incorrect compared to the real car/the Prologue one.

As for the videos, both the first corners are taken at similar speeds. You can notice that the GT5 F2007 takes it one gear higher than the Prologue F2007 :ouch:
 
I preferred the handling in GT5P, it seemed more planted in the corners if a bit more tail happy on corner exit. But there were two F2007's in GT5P, The one in Spec II was significantly faster than the one in Spec III (although it didn't have a working steering wheel readout).
 
According to your clips, GT5 is a hair to slow on shifting, and GT5P was 2 hairs to quick on shifting.
And the gearing is fully adjustable, so fix it if you don't like what you have.

There isn't a single race in F1 or most racing series where they don't customize their gearing to each track. So if you want a "one gear fits all" setup, it doesn't exist.
 
The main problem I have here is that the Force Feedback on my wheel is practically gone compared to what it is on GT5P. GT5's force feedback on this car is weak as hell.
 
Are that your videos ??
Because I don´t think the Driver off that Nürb-Video didn´t only adjust the Top-Speed ;)
Therefore a Stock GT5 versus Stock GT5:P would be better ;)

Well I think they did a good work.

@CSLACR: Well I think in F1 they only adjust the Top-Speed. On every Track they drove this Season they Toped at around 315kph (it´s the media of with DRS and without); well not at Monaco obviously, but Monaco is special.
 
Are that your videos ??
Because I don´t think the Driver off that Nürb-Video didn´t only adjust the Top-Speed ;)
Therefore a Stock GT5 versus Stock GT5:P would be better ;)

Well I think they did a good work.

@CSLACR: Well I think in F1 they only adjust the Top-Speed. On every Track they drove this Season they Toped at around 315kph (it´s the media of with DRS and without); well not at Monaco obviously, but Monaco is special.
I don't know, but I would be surprised to find out they don't adjust individual gears.
I know for certain NASCAR does, I can't see any reason gearing adjustment wouldn't be free for all teams to set however they wish.
 
Back