Does anyone else think these videos are policed by PD ?

  • Thread starter Thread starter quickben
  • 12 comments
  • 2,034 views
Messages
49
Messages
quickben14
I've got my doubts about all these recent videos. One of the main things that people are waiting to find out about GT5 is if they've finally got the engine noises right and yet almost every video has music played over it. The only in-car sound we get is from the GT-R (which sounds pretty anodyne in real life anyway). I really, really want to know what the Enzo sounds like because I'll be heart broken if it sounds anything like it does in GT PSP.

Just a thought.

Gary.
 
Based on the videos we've seen taken off-screen from the more recent show floor demos and the audio you can pick out from them, the engine sounds are much improved. Go back through the front page and watch the IS-F videos. The sound is pretty spot on. The video from not too long ago of the new Gullwing has most of the game sound drowned out by outside noise, but in the brief moments where you can actually hear the engine, it sounds like a world war 2 fighter plane doing a strafing run, like the V8 in the Benz does in real life.

I'd like to hear more, too, just to make sure what I have heard weren't flukes, but based on what I've heard so far, I'm not at all as worried as I was.
 
Don't get me wrong, I also have high hopes. It's just, you'd think he/she would know that we would all rather hear what the Enzo, Gallardo, Macca F1 sound like than listen to some random music.
 
Nope. The audio is from some busy place. It is replaced when uploaded.
 
PD would put the videos on their main site if the were controlling these releases, not some 3rd party site that's obviously taken by a fan recorded from his monitor screen with his own music added. All you need to do is look at PD's past press game footage videos and what they actually show, you will no longer have doubts.
 
PD would put the videos on their main site if the were controlling these releases, not some 3rd party site that's obviously taken by a fan recorded from his monitor screen with his own music added. All you need to do is look at PD's past press game footage videos and what they actually show, you will no longer have doubts.

I'm not saying it's an official Sony/PD release, that much is blazingly obvious.:rolleyes:

My thoughts were along the lines of this person has had some kind of limitations imposed on him/her as to what they can upload to the web by Sony/PD ? I'm no doubt seeing conspiracy where there is none, but surely the noise from these cars released to the waiting public would be considered a bit of a scoop ?

Gary.
 
I'm not saying it's an official Sony/PD release, that much is blazingly obvious.:rolleyes:

My thoughts were along the lines of this person has had some kind of limitations imposed on him/her as to what they can upload to the web by Sony/PD ? I'm no doubt seeing conspiracy where there is none, but surely the noise from these cars released to the waiting public would be considered a bit of a scoop ?

Gary.

Why would they when this is essentially the same demo we've seen months ago(with sound)? Also, the poster himself has said that the music was added because of the annoying crowd noise in the background so again, I see no absolute reason Sony/PD would enforce limitations on Demos that already have been seen and heard anyway.
 
Last edited:
If PD didn't want the sound out there, they wouldn't release the demos.
 
I do not really care anymore for the video he posts or undercover PD worker posts..
ALL I WANT IS SOME PROOF OF 900 degree wheel rotation, weather, damage, live cycles. Some videos showing garage and tunning options. Showing cars on same o same o circuits is getting old and boring fast!
 
Car sounds have definitely been improved, im pretty sure kaz is on record as saying sound is one area they are really aiming to improve. Also the sound in the gt academy demo was great, not just with engine noise but tyre screech also.
 
The videos are not from Polyphony Digital - they're being captured from the CES 2010 demo which is being used at the Toyota exhibition at Mega Web.
 
Back