Does anyone have a good & fair custom Gr.3 BoP for all cars?

• Thread starter MXR_Sparky
  • 4 comments
United States
United States
TS030_SPARKY
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has a good custom bop for all Gr.3 cars? I’m having a hard trying to find something but don’t want to use PD’s.

If anyone has one that’s tried and tested & has positive feedback on it, it will help me out massively!

Thanks!

In my opinion this is an impossible task. Even if you try to match the performance of several cars on a given track , you will not have the same result on another place.
Matching a combination of differents power and grip is not so difficult , but some circuits will be more pro power or pro grip ......
Also , a very important parameter is how the gearbox is setted , some cars will have a perfect configuration for criticals turns , like Suzuka's S or a good first gear to perform a better out very slow hairpin.....
The actual BOP is not bad. The best thing PD have to allow , i repeat , just in my humble opinion , is to open the gearbox and LSD settings only.
I would love to see an open full settings option but that is another question anyway.

Gears are part of BOP. Not sure it would be a good idea to open up gear settings as it will throw everything off BALANCE.

The short answer: I very much doubt it.

The long answer:
A solid custom BoP for EVERY GR.3 car needs to be cultivated in the right way across multiple seasons of multiple series events. Despite what's been said by others, it's only impossible if you don't want to put in the time for it but the time investment requires for the initial R&D is a massive time sink.

It's usually better off sticking with either the PD BoP (because guys are paid to make those checks and balances for official championships) or cultivating a small selection of cars, preferably within the same drivetrain, for whatever series you plan to run.

So as a direct example, I custom made a BoP in GR.3 for GT3 spec of ~500 bhp and ~1300 kg as a baseline for an endurance series, but chose FR and MR cars to run in the series. Weights and powers were adjusted according to the pace, longevity and efficiency of the cars on fuel and tyre modifiers I was using, but quickly became apparent that the MRs suffered despite a 1-lap pace initially being ok.

Now, to evolve my concept I am doing a split in the 2nd season of my series where I split the drivetrains up, add one or two more to each and have one drivetrain as my endurance series and the other as a sprint series with exactly the same tracks, in order to execute a two-fold plan to balance the drivetrains on pace in their own self-contained environments to then reintegrate them into a bigger 3rd season later on.

As stated, this is a time sink, and any physics updates can mess with this in a big way. Whether you have tuning allowed or not also affects the cars differently because the performance potential is different for each car.

Last edited:
I had the idea that BoP could also make the downforce and final gear ratio be uniform for all cars in a class. At least for Gr.1, Gr.2, Gr.3, Gr.4, and Gr.B. The power/weight changes would account for the other factors, like oversteer/understeer that may be endemic to some cars. Otherwise, I thought that BoP just affects the power and weight, while locking the other settings at their stock values if tuning is disabled. Or does BoP really change those values, too?

Back