Does anyone here know how to put replay videos on Youtube?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ian1231HK
  • 24 comments
  • 1,946 views
Messages
353
Hong Kong
Hong Kong
Messages
Ian1231100
As you see, I have my own Youtube channel, ian1231100, but I don't know how to transfer the replay videos to Youtube. Can anybody help?
 
You need a capture card and record it to your computer. There is no way to upload replay data straight from GT
 
What Shoe67 said :)
2nd option is recording with your mobile phone or something, but the quality will not be as good as with a capture card.
 
Both true. I use an 8 mega pixel camera to record the replay from my tv & the quality is ok & definitely good enough but a good capture card is a lot better. Check out my vids link is in my signature below.
 
The Replays in Gran Turismo cannot be 'exported' or 'transfered' anywhere except to another PS3 console with a copy of Gran Turismo to play the file. They're data, not video.

However as have already been listed there are a few options to 'record' the replay.

The highest quality option is the HD Capture card route Shoe suggested.

Zuperkiwis suggestion of using a mobile phone also holds true, though the quality isn't always bad (depending on the phone of course).
You'll get some rather nice quality footage if you set the phone or camera up on a solid and stable surface and get the boarders of the tv just slightly out of shot and do your best to ensure there is no movement of the object the camera is placed on and keep other noises to a minimum (anything from clothes rustling or chairs/floorboards squeaking to people talking or animals running around).

I know it can be hard to keep these factors to a minimum but try to do the best you can, the better quality your footage (both in audio and video) the more likely you are to obtain and retain a viewer base.

But if you can afford it or can save up for it definitely get a capture card if you plan on doing this semi-long to long term.
 
Personally I've done it three different ways:

1. DVD recorder - I had one of those VHS/DVD combo thingies from Panasonic and it would actually record with composite video and audio (3 RCA jacks) input, though that is lossy in two stages (PS3 output and DVD recording) but it does result in video files on a DVD that you can then upload to YT. Doesn't look great but it's up to 480p and the sound is quite acceptable, and it was an inexpensive option at the time.

2. Video of TV - This is convenient if you have a nice phone or camera, but as UrieHusky said it's very important to get the perspective right and *don't move the camera or make any noise*. I had a gorilla tripod (the one that grips to anything) and a Canon camera that took decent video (considering I still had a CRT tv) and acceptable audio (surrounded by speakers).

3. HD Capture - I have a Hauppauge PVR, about $200 at Best Buy. Very good quality, easy to set up, easy to use, though you'll also need to get a PS3 component cable (5 RCA plugs) unless they make a PVR that has HDMI inputs now. Also you need to be sure your PC meets the system requirements. It's nice since it's not a capture card so you don't have to install it inside your computer (it connects via USB), but it is another box that has to sit on the desk somewhere.
 
...unless they make a PVR that has HDMI inputs now.

They do, it's called the Elgato. If you can't afford an HD capture card, you could always get an SD one like the EZCap. Only buy EZCaps direct from the manufacturer here, because there are many fakes around.


👍
 
Yeah but with the Elgato you still need to use components because of the HDCP lock.

There's a HD-PVR out now as well... I'm split between replacing my PVR with it or the Elgato D:. btw if anyone's interested in buying a used, great condition, PVR PM me 👍

http://www.hauppauge.com/site/products/data_hdpvr2-gaming.html
 
Wasn't there originally supposed to be a function in the game that allowed you to export a video of a replay? IIRC it even was supposed to have youtube integration. But this was 2 years ago I may be remembering wrong.
 
Wasn't there originally supposed to be a function in the game that allowed you to export a video of a replay? IIRC it even was supposed to have youtube integration. But this was 2 years ago I may be remembering wrong.

Yes but it was canned because it wasn't efficient enough (read: The PS3 wasn't efficient enough).
 
SimonK
Yes but it was canned because it wasn't efficient enough (read: The PS3 wasn't efficient enough).

But..., t3h power of CELL!!!!1!!one!

My Xbox 360 makes videos of Forza replays all the time. It sucks that they're limited to just thirty seconds, though I guess I could always make them thirty seconds at a time and then edit them together.

You'd figure if 360 can do it that PS3 could as well.
 
I use an Elgato HD Game Capture. It is literally the easiest thing ever to set up. (as long as you don't have {and are planning on continuing to use} Turtle Beach Headsets)
 
Yeah but with the Elgato you still need to use components because of the HDCP lock.

The Elgato doesn't even have component inputs (just HDMI), I don't understand?


:boggled:
 
Ah sorry, I must've mixed up my capture devices or something (so many now!) but yeah, you connect to the PS3 through the A/V multi-out for HD into the A/V input on the Elgato which is like an HD s-video port thing that's pretty much the same as the wiring for component cables.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7hmcYi7Sj4
 
Thanks for the info, didn't realise that. So, is the HDMI output from the PS3 copy protected then? Is there no way of recording HD video from the PS3's HDMI, not even with an all singing all dancing PCI card?
 
VBR
Thanks for the info, didn't realise that. So, is the HDMI output from the PS3 copy protected then? Is there no way of recording HD video from the PS3's HDMI, not even with an all singing all dancing PCI card?

Yep, HDCP means no recording via HDMI.
 
That's what I thought. I have a BlackMagic Intensity Pro, but it still won't let you get around the HDCP.

However, I just saw this. Haven't researched to see if it actually works or not, but it reckons it can bypass the HDCP (Though it only records interlaced, not progressive).

AVer TV


Reading it again, I suppose it doesn't specify that it can capture the PS3 through HDMI, but seems to try and lead you that way.
 
It converts it to an analog signal then back to digital I believe, so essentially the same as component.
 
Can component cables deliver 1080P, or only 1080i?
 
Component can do up to 1080p but not from an AACS device such as a DVD or BR drive. So 1080i is the best you'll get natively.

Interlaced footage get's de-interlaced by Youtube anyway.
 
Component can do up to 1080p but not from an AACS device such as a DVD or BR drive. So 1080i is the best you'll get natively.

Interlaced footage get's de-interlaced by Youtube anyway.

From my experience, uploading 1080i to Youtube results in sync issues between audio and video. For me it was dramatically out of sync... the video was half the speed while the audio continued at normal speed. Anyone here have better luck?
 
From my experience, uploading 1080i to Youtube results in sync issues between audio and video. For me it was dramatically out of sync... the video was half the speed while the audio continued at normal speed. Anyone here have better luck?

I've uploaded plenty of interlaced content to YT that has been de-interlaced by YT without any sync issues, 1080i included.

Any sync issues are not directly related to the de-interlacing YT performs, rather some other issue with the file. If you're really bothered you could de-interlace it yourself before uploading so YT doesn't need to.
 
Is there an HD capture device where I can play while it's recording?
 
Back