Does anyone know what's up with GT Mobile?

• Thread starter TunerFocus
  • 12 comments
TunerFocus / GTP_TunerFocus
Why is this game not a for sure game to come out?, i'd love to be able to play Gran Turismo anywhere at any time, that'd be awesome.:D

PD has said that GT Mobile is still under development and hinted that it probably won't come out until after the full GT5 is released. Plus, you can play GT1 and GT2 on your PSP if it has custom firmware.

People are saying that no-one will want to buy a version of GT4 after GT5.
I disagree. I'm one of probably many people who can't afford a PS3, but have a PSP. I reckon it would be awesome for GTMobile to be released, but oh well.

It is all about perspective, really. People are jumping through hoops to get GT2 to play on their PSP, and that is the most fundamentally broken one in the series. If GT Mobile ever comes out, it will sell fine.

yea.. i would buy it whenever it comes out but i sold my psp because i heard the project was trashed.. it was also the reason why i bought it :(

I will get this when it comes out, but I hope it's not exactly like GT4. Maybe take out a 100 or so worthless cars and put in some Ferrari's since they now have the license. They just have to make it for the second PSP by the time GT5 is out.

yea.. i would buy it whenever it comes out but i sold my psp because i heard the project was trashed.. it was also the reason why i bought it :(

Unfortunately it was the reason why many people bought it, I think it was just purely a ploy to sell the new console and there has probably never been any work done on the game ever. KY is adamant that it will come after GT5 but that might just be a way of saying we will tell you after GT5 that its canceled.

Here's are point, could they not have had another developer do the PSP version?.. I dont see how that would be wrong in anyway, many other dev's do it.

Robin

Yeah, but isn't Kaz a bit, well, anal about that sort of thing? The number of times he's shuffled release dates back to get everything sorted makes me think he's a perfectionist; I can't see him letting some other developer play with his baby.

Yeah, but isn't Kaz a bit, well, anal about that sort of thing? The number of times he's shuffled release dates back to get everything sorted makes me think he's a perfectionist; I can't see him letting some other developer play with his baby.

Yeah I could see KY being like that also! :sly: But obviously it would be the quicker way to do it, at every meeting he would probably shouting at the PSP dev's "this is wrong! that is wrong!" etc etc... :lol:

Robin

Honestly I would be totally shocked if we even saw screenshots of it in 2010, much less an actual game. KY has already said that GT5 would be as late as 2010 (means: guaranteed 2010 at the earliest), and that the PSP version would come after GT5.

If Sony EVER releases GT for the PSP in any form, you won't see it until 2011.

He keeps saying they're working on it, but he could have the receptionist at the PD office checking the GT Planet boards for new GT-PSP posts, and call that "work"...

I think my biggest fear is that they just can't make a GT game drive as well with the PSPs control, and they end up doing a "race manager" version of it only, like GT4's B-Spec racing.

Latest Posts

Back