Does anyone share tunes?

In GT, there are tons of people out there that post their tunes and share them with others. Now, of course there is no storefront like with FM4 so it doesnt hurt to do so.

I know there are people that put tunes on their storefronts for free, but there are also some of us that do not pay the gold Live membership and cannot access the storefronts and auction houses or trade cars etc.

So do anyone share tunes online with those that cannot buy them from the storefronts? I have no desire to play online (didnt with GT either) so wont buy a Gold Live membership, but would like to try different tunes for cars that people have found effective.

In GT, there are tons of people out there that post their tunes and share them with others. Now, of course there is no storefront like with FM4 so it doesnt hurt to do so.

I know there are people that put tunes on their storefronts for free, but there are also some of us that do not pay the gold Live membership and cannot access the storefronts and auction houses or trade cars etc.

So do anyone share tunes online with those that cannot buy them from the storefronts? I have no desire to play online (didnt with GT either) so wont buy a Gold Live membership, but would like to try different tunes for cars that people have found effective.

What car set up are you looking for? I'll happily put one up here for you and then you and anyone else can change it and pull it apart as much as you like.

Nothing in particular right now, I was just coming here from what it was like on GTPlanet and wondered if it was something that people do or if they always try to sell them on the storefront.

I dont have a lot of experience at all with the Forza physics and even in GT was not much of a tuner as I didnt have the time to really spend trying lots of different things. Every now and then when I had a problem car, I could usually find something really easily and then fine tune it to my liking. Just thought it might be nice to have something like that for Forza and wondered if it existed anywhere.

It might be cool to start a tuning database thread for people to try and play with when someone finds something that really works well for them on a particular car.

Anyway, just a thought to try to get some people sharing some tunes here.

If I find something I need though, I really appreciate the offer and may hit you up.

Thanks.

Don't bother looking anywhere but here mainly cause of the GT5 gtplanet/forza planet correlation. I can count on one finger how many tunes I have found to be "open sourced"... Oh the term in quotes above will be of some help if you are searching but there aint much to find

In the past I purchased a few tunes. Then I contacted the tuner and asked them to send me the unlocked tune. Only 1 wanted a ton of money, the others gladly sent me the tune. Since then I have forged a great working relationship with them.
This is crutial since I drive with a controller I' m limited to tuning perfection. My idea of my great tune it not too much power so I do not have to drive on the grass...haha

For the most part, I think the main reason why tunes aren't posted on this board is because of how easy it is to just download them in game, rather than posting each tidbit of info.

I understand your problem though as you dont have access to them. Its a good idea, but because the other option is so easy I dont think most people would take the time out to write everything down :/

I know you cant download gifted cars, but does it work the same with tunes? I would assume, but it would be cool if it didnt.

Yeah, its not so much about not having access, but more about the discussion of the tunes and sharing them with others and figuring out what works and what doesnt.

I'd like to try peoples tunes, see what they did and then discuss why they did it and what they did that didnt work for them. Then I can go off that as a starting point and make my own adjustments and come back and discuss what I did and why and see if someone else has the same luck with it as me.

Having open discussions about the tunes and the thoughts behind them.

I host a site specifically with this in mind: to share and discuss tunes. Link is in my sig if you'd like to take a look. We also have a tuning competition and hot lapping season going on.

Back