Does anyone use 360° wheel sensitivity?

• Thread starter BigSarj
  • 10 comments
Canada
Canada
I use a Fanatec F1 wheel and use 360° but the Fanatec forums suggest using 'AUT'.

I have seen youtubers say that they consider 540° to be very low but after experimenting with a few different settings, I found 360° to be the most comfortable.

If I undersand things correctly, the faster the car, the lower the setting but I saw a youtuber say that he uses 540° for Group 2 but that still feels too high to me.

Also, is using 360° considered being cheap? I don't want to be 'cheating'.

I use a Fanatec F1 wheel and use 360° but the Fanatec forums suggest using 'AUT'.

I have seen youtubers say that they consider 540° to be very low but after experimenting with a few different settings, I found 360° to be the most comfortable.

If I undersand things correctly, the faster the car, the lower the setting but I saw a youtuber say that he uses 540° for Group 2 but that still feels too high to me.

Use whatever setting let’s you enjoy the game more, it’s not cheating. GT Sport adjusts the DoR automatically per car in game, so if you want realistic’ish, you can just leave it be and the game with adjust for you. Or set it to what you like and have at it that way. There is no right or wrong. :)

Last edited:

I wouldn’t worry about “cheating”
I think you’d be massively handicapping yourself by not using AUT though.

Hi BigSari I use 590° and sometimes lower than 360° but depending on the car. I found setting the wheel to AUT is no good for GT Sport for me.

Here’s the thing, under AUT in game matches exactly what each cars supposed to be.
If you limit your rotation artificially what you are doing is greatly limiting your ability to make the very very fine changes in steering angle input needed to imo be fast.
The game already has the rotation set per car.
For example the AMG GT3 has a higher degree than say a Ferrari Mcclaren or 911 RSR Gt3.
The gr2 steering are HIGHLY sensitive under AUT. Jmo don’t reduce.
People commonly make the reduce then complain how understeer it feels, or, worse, try to fix understeer by reducing the setting.
LOL it’s not what you wanna do to learn to drive in GTS more quickly.
I mean if you want to reduce the resolution of your inputs might as well not bother with a wheel.
Now, maybe if you have physical limitations that’s an issue. Maybe you are only capable of moving the wheel in a 30 degree range. If you have limitations then all bets are off.
It’s jmo.
It’s jmo but imo if you want quicker steering than a stock RSR or Mcclaren GT3 I think it will just reduce your control.
With AUT your hands never need to move position on wheel in these cars. Only very very rarely in hairpins should you get a little crossed up.
In this game grip is built up and car is loaded up by starting your turn in almost imperceptibly slow and smooth and winding in to that apex steadily and progressively on most corners.
Imo you only make the coordination level and skill required much much greater by lowering the angle because your tiny move on the steering has much too big of an effect.
That’s jmo. It’s worked for me.

Last edited:
Here’s the thing, under AUT in game matches exactly what each cars supposed to be.
If you limit your rotation artificially what you are doing is greatly limiting your ability to make the very very fine changes in steering angle input needed to imo be fast.
For example the AMG GT3 has a higher degree than say a Ferrari Mcclaren or 911 RSR Gt3.
People commonly make the reduce then complain how understeer it feels, or, worse, try to fix understeer by reducing the setting.
I mean if you want to reduce the resolution of your inputs might as well not bother with a wheel.
Now, maybe if you have physical limitations that’s an issue. Maybe you are only capable of moving the wheel in a 30 degree range. If you have limitations then all bets are off.
It’s jmo.
It’s jmo but imo if you want quicker steering than a stock RSR or Mcclaren GT3 I think it will just reduce your control.
With AUT your hands never need to move position on wheel in these cars. Only very very rarely in hairpins should you get a little crossed up.
In this game grip is built up and car is loaded up by starting your turn in almost imperceptibly slow and smooth and winding in to that apex steadily and progressively on most corners.
Imo you only make the coordination level and skill required much much greater by lowering the angle because your tiny move on the steering has much too big of an effect.

I'm currently working on putting up a qualifying time in McLaren for Race B. I set it to AUT just to try it out and to match the driver hands in cockpit. It was unbelievably hard to drive as such.

I don't have any sort of disabilities so I should be fine so I'm starting to think it's because I have the wheel set up very close to me. I like to use the armrests on my Playseat while I drive. I'm going to continue to experiment, especially because I don't want the resolution to be lower and I also like immersion.

@Groundfish my main problem was that the steering felt way too light, if that makes sense. It felt like I was using motion controls when going through the chicane. What I did was increase max torque and it feels better. There is going to be a learning curve but at least my hands match what is going on in cockpit view.

Last edited:
It’s jmo.
If I had my wheel set at AUT all the time playing GT Sport I am slower using it in lap times in any car, but if I set my wheel at 590° or less my times are a lot faster and that goes with any car I use in the game.

If I had my wheel set at AUT all the time playing GT Sport I am slower using it in lap times in any car, but if I set my wheel at 590° or less my times are a lot faster and that goes with any car I use in the game.
This is what I'll be experimenting with. The lap times are my number one priority. I also must have been drunk one night because my damper and spring settings were not at 100 and when I changed them back (along with increasing max torque and force feedback sensitivity to 10 in game settings), the wheel feeling was much more realistic.

I also recall Super GT on YouTube saying that he uses 360 which I believe is what led me down this path in the first place.

Yeah kinda crazy how people can be so opposite.
I guess my opinion is what works for me.

@Groundfish I've been using AUT on the McLaren tonight just practising qualifying and one thing I've noticed is that it helps to get on the throttle earlier. You kind of touched on it but disn't mention it explicitly. When coming out of a corner, because of the higher resolution, it's easier to know more precisely when to hit the gas. I had a delay when using 360.

Back