Does anyone use the pavement in the grand valley speedway tunnels?

• Thread starter bread82
  • 8 comments
England
Oxfordshire
Bread_45
As the title suggests....

When drifting through the last 2 tunnels on grand valley, in an effort to clip the apex, I sometimes stick my inside front tyre up on the pavement.

I've also found that if I've messed up the drift and I'm about to run out of steam, it gives the car a little jolt and helps upset the back end, bringing it out so I can continue the drift. I can sometimes sit through a large amount of the corner with my tyre stuck up there.

I think I first tried it after watching too much initial D and longing for a gutter to be available to drop my wheels into! Whilst a raised kerb is pretty much the opposite of a gutter it seemed the closest thing available in GT5.

Does anyone else do this, and are there any other weird areas/lines people like on other tracks?

Cheers,

Bread

Does anyone else do this, and are there any other weird areas/lines people like on other tracks?

Cheers,

Bread

I like to drift on the grass/kitty litter on racetracks that allow it.

I like coming up on that inside curb as well, though it has a tendency to disturb my drift..what I've found to be fun(especially if going uphill on that tunnel) is to ride that outside curb like a wallride..on a wheel you can feel it and enough throttle control ensures you don't go over the actual curb.

I do it on occasion if I make a mistake and don't get the car to the angle I'd like.

Intentionally though from the start? no; I just get as close as possible without mounting it.

I do it quite frequently. It allows a faster line and when compensated for, doesn't disturb my drift. I also use the pavement on several of the Special Stage Route 5 corners, as well as the inside dirt on High Speed Ring.

On GVS I sometimes drift the corner with my wheel on the pavement on purpose, just for the lol's. Otherwise when I drift I aim to put my wheel on the tracks white line or just beside the curbing rather than on the rumble strip or being in the dirt

I always go in with big angle and try to get to the outer wall as possible

Back