Does Anyone Use the TM Ferrari F1 Rim with GT Sport?

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 19 comments

Pigems

Premium
Canada
Canada
TT_Pigems
Just wondering if anyone uses this TM rim with GT Sport? If so, how do you like it? Also, do all the buttons and dials work in GT(I know the center dials are fake), as far as being mappable in game? Thanks for any all responses. :)

B8E362A2-6640-45FE-8741-ED81B6421D16.jpeg

I have one and it's pretty nice, especially that you can shift up and down with one hand. It's better on the PC (where all the buttons/switches can be mapped individually.) On GTS I prefer my T-GT wheel because of all the dials etc.

Here's the mapping on PS4 (the two D-pads share the same inputs):
PS4_F1W_Mapping.JPG

Last edited:
I have one and it's pretty nice, especially that you can shift up and down with one hand. It's better on the PC (where all the buttons/switches can be mapped individually.) On GTS I prefer my T-GT wheel because of all the dials etc.

Here's the mapping on PS4 (the two D-pads share the same inputs):
PS4_F1W_Mapping.JPG

Awesome man!! Thanks very much for the info, it’s much appreciated. :cheers: I was really hoping the dials would work in GT, and it appears that they do. I just want to make scrolling thru the TCS/BB/FM easier if possible. I’d love to get a TGT with its Gt specific dials, but this is a much cheaper option at this time with a similar end result. I think I may have to get it then. I like the one handed shifting idea too. :)

What does GTS allow for button mapping? Does it treat it as if it’s still a T300 rim?

Last edited:
Awesome man!! Thanks very much for the info, it’s much appreciated. :cheers: I was really hoping the dials would work in GT, and it appears that they do. I just want to make scrolling thru the TCS/BB/FM easier if possible. I’d love to get a TGT with its Gt specific dials, but this is a much cheaper option at this time with a similar end result. I think I may have to get it then. I like the one handed shifting idea too. :)

What does GTS allow for button mapping? Does it treat it as if it’s still a T300 rim?

Yes, a T300 - GTS doesn't know you changed the rim. And the dials are definitely much better than using the d-pad.

Edit: As much as you play, you ought to check the LCM pedals out - that's a huge improvement over the old pedals, not just the brake, but also the throttle is much more precise.

Last edited:
Yes, a T300 - GTS doesn't know you changed the rim. And the dials are definitely much better than using the d-pad.

Edit: As much as you play, you ought to check the LCM pedals out - that's a huge improvement over the old pedals, not just the brake, but also the throttle is much more precise.

TYVM again Sir! :cheers:

+1 in favor

I've used this wheel until my wheelbase broke. Once I put it on, I never switched back to the regular wheel. Those dials are perfect for going through the Brake Balance, Sector Times, etc...

Keep that button diagram handy, makes it much easier to map than trial and error.

I use the F1 rim as well. I find it gives me much more precision for the faster cars in particular (Gr.3 & up). And as @Skinny McLean said, the ability to shift up & down with one hand is pretty cool.

Perhaps the only slight disadvantage is that if you keep your finger on the upshift paddle and press it slightly before you reach the “bite” point, it‘s possible to do a double shift by mistake. It‘s not something that happens often, but in a race or qualifying situation that would obviously be annoying. (I tried to see whether the potentially quicker upshift would give me a tangible advantagle, but that wasn‘t the case.)

I‘d also recommend using gloves to protect the sides of the rim.

I have it but I prefer the open wheel cheaper but lighter ((I have 2...2nd ordered when th first went to repair 😄)

Is the OW less creaky/flexible that the F1 rim? I hear my F1 rim flexing a fair bit because of the plastic body.

Back