Does anyone want to do a 24h Endurance race? (Read thread to see how)

Italy
Italy, Naples
Hi everyone,
I was wondering if it was possible to do a 24h race. Unfortunately it isn't possible to swap drivers on GT Sport, but there are a few ways that could become true.

1) Playing Practice in a private lobby for 24 hours, and when a driver is tired, he goes into the pits and his teammate exits from the pits.
2) Using Share Play, and a teammate takes your place when you're tired.

If someone is interested in doing it, just say it. I may really do an endurance championship (not 24h everytime, 6h) if interest is big. If someone has some other ideas to make a 24h race, tell me. About the night racing, while an American sleeps an European can race and viceversa.

I love this idea. My weekends are kinda full with races at the moment though.
Yeah we'll decide the days after we get a lot of interest, but I think it will be from 9 a.m. EST Friday to 9 a.m. EST Saturday. Then uf we get 6h and 12h races too it might be different.

Share play won’t work for those who have a slow internet connection, but it will be fine with each racer using their own car.

I a lobby of 16 racers, there will be 8 2 man teams.

This will be sweet, if we pair up wisely, have the same livery/numbers for the teams. Ford vs. Ferrari anyone?

Share play won’t work for those who have a slow internet connection, but it will be fine with each racer using their own car.

I a lobby of 16 racers, there will be 8 2 man teams.

This will be sweet, if we pair up wisely, have the same livery/numbers for the teams. Ford vs. Ferrari anyone?
This thread is a bit old, and for what I've seen there isn't much interest.

I have been thinking of this as well. I was going to do it with no tire or fuel wear so the cars would not have to pit. Would start around 12 noon on Saturday and end at 12 on Sunday. You can drive as much as you want then hit the options button to engage auto drive when you need to run some errands, sleep, or whatever else. It was the only way I could think of without figuring a way to switch drivers, pitting, and scoring. Most dedicated driver should win.

I have been thinking of this as well. I was going to do it with no tire or fuel wear so the cars would not have to pit. Would start around 12 noon on Saturday and end at 12 on Sunday. You can drive as much as you want then hit the options button to engage auto drive when you need to run some errands, sleep, or whatever else. It was the only way I could think of without figuring a way to switch drivers, pitting, and scoring. Most dedicated driver should win.

I was thinking of 10 drivers, in 2 man teams.

The team would run the same livery and number.

One driver would wait in the pits until his parter comes in, stays in and that’s how the breaks will work

One driver would wait in the pits until his parter comes in, stays in and that’s how the breaks will work
Yes! If we get someone else who agrees I'm ready to host a race!

Lobby can hold 16 players.

That’s space for 3 drivers, or 2 drivers and one spectator per team. Totalling 15 players.

1 race director = 16

If one driver driving and the other in the pits then when do you rest, sleep, eat, run an errand, etc? How do you know what lap and score?

My idea:
24x 40-minute stage-races, with final race double points.
Next race starts starting order by previous race.
Would produce 24-exciting races in both classes, and with 3-4 drivers in each car, results could vary differently each race, with 45-50 different drivers taking part. And still in the end best/most consistant team would win.

Näyttökuva (540).png

Would take big effort to organize, i personally dont have resources for it.

If one driver driving and the other in the pits then when do you rest, sleep, eat, run an errand, etc? How do you know what lap and score?

The first lap will need to be a pace lap, after which one one of the drivers will pit in. You can talk to each over via in PlayStation party mode. To arrange when to sleep, when to be on track etc.

At the end of the 24hr period you just add your laps and the laps of your team mate together.

My idea:
24x 40-minute stage-races, with final race double points.
Next race starts starting order by previous race.
Would produce 24-exciting races in both classes, and with 3-4 drivers in each car, results could vary differently each race, with 45-50 different drivers taking part. And still in the end best/most consistant team would win.

View attachment 877255

Would take big effort to organize, i personally dont have resources for it.
Sounds like a plan. Complicated and finding that many people to compete is next to impossible. You get it organized and I'll race the whole 24hrs myself.

Yes, but 24h would be a dream. For now, I've decided to do a little endurance championship. What do you guys want as class? I've thought we could use LMP and GTE, but tell me your idea. 2 drivers per team.
Well, it depends of how many rounds and how many classes that you are planning to use for your little Endurance Championship...

Well, it depends of how many rounds and how many classes that you are planning to use for your little Endurance Championship...
Well, I think 4 rounds is sufficient. One per month probably. 2 classes are the best idea, every team with 2 drivers. Or just one class, with 3 drivers each team, so we get 5 teams. Everyone, choose one of these two.

Well, I think 4 rounds is sufficient. One per month probably. 2 classes are the best idea, every team with 2 drivers. Or just one class, with 3 drivers each team, so we get 5 teams. Everyone, choose one of these two.
I think that Multiclass race (2 classes) is more interesting in my opinion.

I think that Multiclass race (2 classes) is more interesting in my opinion.
Same. But the problem is that we'll have only 2 drivers per team, which means both have to do twelve hours! Instead, with just one class, we'll have three drivers per team, which means they have to do just 8 hours. I wish we had 20 spots for drivers, like in FIA races.
Then my idea is that every team will have a driver per continent, which will only fit the one class thing, unless we have mad drivers who do 12 hours straight lol

For example:
Race: Starts at 9 a.m. GMT.
Asian driver starts racing
He pits: Pits at 3 p.m. GMT and goes to sleep.
European driver starts racing
He pits: Pits at 9 p.m. GMT and goes to sleep.
American driver starts racing
He pits: He pits at 5 a.m. GMT and goes to sleep.
Asian driver finishes his stint
He pits at 7 a.m. GMT
European driver finishes his stint
He finishes the race

That's my idea. What do you think?

For example:
He pits at 7 a.m. GMT
He finishes the race

The team can pit whenever they like, to change drivers I guess. But if they set up a party chat, between them, it will help.

It's important to have a crew chief in the chat as well. he can be spectating in the lobby, and will update the drivers on the race situation.

The race director will move in and out of all the charts to update the teams

We would need 16 people. And we cannot do a 24hr race immediately. We should do a few 6hrs as a trial and find out who's dedicated. I'd be really pissed if my team mate rage quit after 2hrs

Same. But the problem is that we'll have only 2 drivers per team, which means both have to do twelve hours! Instead, with just one class, we'll have three drivers per team, which means they have to do just 8 hours. I wish we had 20 spots for drivers, like in FIA races.
Then my idea is that every team will have a driver per continent, which will only fit the one class thing, unless we have mad drivers who do 12 hours straight lol

For example:
He pits at 7 a.m. GMT
He finishes the race

That's my idea. What do you think?
Good luck with this. To many people from all over the world to commit in my opinion.

Latest Posts

Back