Does arcade mode exist in GT7??

• Thread starter UTH
  • 11 comments

UTH

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hello all

First time poster, so apologies if Im covering old ground, but hopefully someone can help.
My ps5 and GT7 arrived yesterday - my main reason for buying, certainly at first, was/is to play on specific tracks with certain cars with an aim to improve my lap times on the ps5 but also in real life when I go on track days.
From what I can tell, I'm unable to do anything other than enter into the career mode with a basic car and only one track available.
I seem to remember from older GTs that you could play arcade mode with all cars and tracks available?
From limited reading online it seems at the moment I can't even invite a friend around to have a few races against as even that needs unlocking. Am I looking in the wrong place, or is everything locked behind career mode? So it could be months before I can actually just practice on the track I want with the car I want?
It feels a bit like buying a FIFA game but finding you can't actually play against people or as the team you want from the start....!

Hello and welcome!

Yes, everything is locked behind carrer mode. You need to complete a few menu books, at the Gran Turismo Cafe, and other tasks to unlock tracks and online mode. The arcade mode doesn't exist like in the old Gran Turismo games, there is no "arcade mode button" where all the tracks, cars and race modes are available. The closest we have is the World Circuits menu, where we can select a track and then choose what to do in it (time trial, custom races, drift or compete in a few races created by the developers). The cars available to race in the World Circuits are the cars you own on your garage, so if you want a specific car, you'll have to buy it to race in this mode.

Here is a guide on how to unlock stuff:

Thanks for your reply, I guess my basic 'research' since buying it yesterday is correct then, which is a shame.
I'm already making some progress through the 'cafe', and pleased to see that the two tracks I really wanted to have (Goodwood and Brands Hatch) were very quick to unlock. Problem now is that I want to practice those tracks with a Corvette ZR1 which is closest to the car I actually own, but I'm going to assume that's not an easy car to buy......

UTH
Thanks for your reply, I guess my basic 'research' since buying it yesterday is correct then, which is a shame.
I'm already making some progress through the 'cafe', and pleased to see that the two tracks I really wanted to have (Goodwood and Brands Hatch) were very quick to unlock. Problem now is that I want to practice those tracks with a Corvette ZR1 which is closest to the car I actually own, but I'm going to assume that's not an easy car to buy......
If you're talking about the C4 (ZR-1) version, that's exclusively in the Used Car dealership. It's available roughly 1 week of every 5.

The C7 version is available from Brand Central at any time.

You do have options for the C6 version - it's available any time from Brand Central, and a discounted version with some (purely cosmetic) miles on the clock is in the Used Car dealership, available roughly 1 week of every 5.

Last edited:
If you're talking about the C4 (ZR-1) version, that's exclusively in the Used Car dealership. It's available roughly 1 week of every 5.

The C7 version is available from Brand Central at any time.

You do have options for the C6 version - it's available any time from Brand Central, and a discounted version with some (purely cosmetic) miles on the clock is in the Used Car dealership, available roughly 1 week of every 5.
I'm talking about the C7 as I own a C7 Z06 in real life, so that's as close as I'll get.
I'm right in saying Brand Central is where I buy new cars? So I just need to save up the 'cash' and then I can buy it? Presumably that's not the wisest thing to do straight away as it'll stop me entering other career races that require different cars, as I'll have spent all my money on the Corvette?

UTH
I'm talking about the C7 as I own a C7 Z06 in real life, so that's as close as I'll get.
I'm right in saying Brand Central is where I buy new cars? So I just need to save up the 'cash' and then I can buy it? Presumably that's not the wisest thing to do straight away as it'll stop me entering other career races that require different cars, as I'll have spent all my money on the Corvette?
You can complete GT Cafe without necessarily buying any cars other than the car you buy at the start and a pickup truck later (buy the Toyota Tundra; you win the Ford F150 later). Here's all the ones you win:

All cars from 2001 on are available to buy all the time in Brand Central.

Other than particularly rare/special cars, all cars from 2000 and earlier (and cars from 2001-2010 as well) are available in the Used Car Dealer, with a stock list of 30 cars at any one time which rotates every real day (at 0000 UTC). Cars are in there for a week on average (at least five days) and the entire selection of available cars rotates through in approximately a month BUT you will need to complete the whole of GT Cafe to Book 39 to have access to the full Used Car Dealer stock as it keeps cars you will need for completing Cafe Menus in stock until you complete the relevant menu.

Particularly rare/special cars from 2000 and earlier are available in the Legends Cars dealer. This works the same way but the stock list shows 10 cars at any one time (plus any new cars added each update, for a short period), meaning it takes about three months to cycle through all of them. They are also mostly incredibly expensive.

UTH
Pretty much what @Famine said, but a minor correction to the UCD stock - once you get through Menu Book 1, you do get the full normal rotation...in addition to, at certain points in your progress through the cafe menus, certain other cars listed before the normal rotation that, for the most part, can be purchased to "shortcut" having to win them.

The 2019 ZR1 is a valid, if overpowering, option for the American FR Challenge 550, American Sunday Cup 600, American Clubman Cup 700, High Speed Ring Track Day, Tokyo Highway Parade, Trial Mountain Cup, and Pan-American Championship. Those are only recommended PP, not required PP, in those races/championships, and even in the Clubman Cup and Pan-American Championship (the "recommended 700 PP" races/championship), the AI doesn't take full advantage, at least on normal difficulty.

once you get through Menu Book 1, you do get the full normal rotation...in addition to, at certain points in your progress through the cafe menus, certain other cars listed before the normal rotation
Rly? Did that change with the change to 30? When I ran through the first twice on the 15-car version, I got 12ish rotating cars and threeish Menu-relevant ones.

Thanks both, much appreciated. Still a little disappointed this game starts in such a limited fashion, but it doesn't sound like I'll need to put too much work in to get to where I want to be anyway. Although having to unlock multiplayer is very annoying, given my friend is coming to my place tomorrow and I don't have much time to play before then!

Rly? Did that change with the change to 30? When I ran through the first twice on the 15-car version, I got 12ish rotating cars and threeish Menu-relevant ones.
I started a bit later than you (mid-March on the GTP account), but I remember seeing the full 15 plus the menu-relevant ones. Stef Helderman's UCD videos on YouTube also show 15 plus menu-relevant ones, and he started on launch day - March 3.

It probably changed between the review versions and the release version.

Last edited:
UTH
Thanks both, much appreciated. Still a little disappointed this game starts in such a limited fashion, but it doesn't sound like I'll need to put too much work in to get to where I want to be anyway. Although having to unlock multiplayer is very annoying, given my friend is coming to my place tomorrow and I don't have much time to play before then!
Be aware that split-screen is busted and has been since launch. One of the players will always have every assist on. If you want to select your own cars for split-screen (if it’s the same as arcade mode, not sure), you’ll need to “favourite” cars, which you can do from your garage.

Last edited:
Back