Does damaged front wing affect driving noticably?

• Thread starter Alltidxx
  • 14 comments
Sweden
Sweden
TeamBubblegum
In F1 2006 if one hit the front wing and it got yellow and wobbly/loose, that affected downforce noticably. But it seems to me that it does not have such a bad impact in F1CE. It's not even wobbling is it? It is only when it falls off that it really impacts the car's downforce. Do you agree or do you feel a clear difference a damaged front wing does for the drivning characteristics of the car?

I think if it's orange and not wobbling, it's near 100% fine. If it red and wobbling I notice a difference. But most of the time it just falls off, THEN I notice. :)

I think it only makes a very slight difference. I think I've noticed around Melbourne that there is no real difference on any corner other than the fast left right after the short back curved straight, I think its called Golf corner or something?

Well I am faster on some parts of the track. But there definitly is a difference. With a damaged front wing, there is much more understeer.

I think if it's orange and not wobbling, it's near 100% fine. If it red and wobbling I notice a difference. But most of the time it just falls off, THEN I notice. :)
Ok, might be that way, hope so. It gets red? I'll try that. I'm thinking why on earth Studio Liverpool would differ on this between the platforms? It doesn't make sense. But as long as there IS a downforce reduction with a damaged wing (albeit red) I can accept that. I think it should be affected on yellow though. I mean, what's the point of indicating damage if it's not going to affect the handling of the car?

I've often wondered this - I can't say I've noticed any effect.

I agree, but it does seem a pity that the game doesn't show degrees of less downforce OR fluctuating downforce, as a broken front wing dancing around should be, almost no turn in then grabbing and letting go in a pulsing manner, then tearing off ruining a front tyre ,if you were still pushing.
Hopefully 2009 will add this!!!!

Ok, might be that way, hope so. It gets red? I'll try that. I'm thinking why on earth Studio Liverpool would differ on this between the platforms? It doesn't make sense. But as long as there IS a downforce reduction with a damaged wing (albeit red) I can accept that. I think it should be affected on yellow though. I mean, what's the point of indicating damage if it's not going to affect the handling of the car?

If there truly is a difference between the different versions then it sounds like a bug or some kind of typo error somewhere when they ported it. I doubt they would intentionally take it out unless they felt it was making the game too hard.

Another thing that I sad about which is lacking in F1CE is in spectatormode in F106 it was possible to flick between cars out on the track with the cross and if one found one car that one wanted to follow specifically to see what times that car made one could press select button. None of that works with F1CE :guilty:

I realise now that Studio Liverpool just decided to do things differently and that it's not a bug because I have never experienced a red wing (funny enough having over 100 hours of F1CE gaming). But I did the other day and at red is when it starts to wobble and lose downforce (I know people already wrote that). All I knew about was yellow wing or no wing. And the thing is that in F1 2006 there is wobbling at yellow and wild wobbling at red (as I remember it, it wobbles at yellow I'm sure of that). So it seems SL just made a different feature choice for F1CE. However, I think they took the wrong decision. It should've been like in F1 2006.

Back