Does Gran Turismo 4 Online Beta (with Prize Randomizer) work in the PS2?

• Thread starter Tdisidro
  • 2 comments
Portugal
Portugal
Hey everyone, after watching some videos and streams from content creators like DustinEden, I got curious and wanted to try for myself the Gran Turismo 4 Online Beta and the GT4 Prize Randomizer.
I really enjoy playing on my old modded PS2 since I can play any game from a Hard Disk and since the Prize Randomizer Mod needs to be in the same ISO as the game, I was wondering if it's possible to play it on original hardware. Has anybody tried it yet?

It can be played on a real PS2, but right now there's a bug preventing the name entry screen from loading on a real console. You can play perfectly fine as long as you create a save elsewhere (e.g. on PC), then transfer it to your PS2 somehow.

It can be played on a real PS2, but right now there's a bug preventing the name entry screen from loading on a real console. You can play perfectly fine as long as you create a save elsewhere (e.g. on PC), then transfer it to your PS2 somehow.
Thanks for the response, I realized that later. I made a fresh save file in PCSX2 after I had experienced the game freezing in the user creation. I thought it had something to do with the game creating a save file, thanks for clarifying!
I was able to create a save file in PCSX2, copy it from the Virtual Memory Card on my PC and pasted on my PS2's memory card using uLaunchElf.

Thank you for your attention and keep up the good work! Can't wait for GT4 Spec II to be released!

Back