Does gran turismo sport support 3d audio from the platinum ps4 headphones?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Xtrmgamer1972
  • 16 comments
  • 9,191 views
Hope so as I'm looking at getting them. How are they?
 
any update on this, i am looking to buy a new head set ???
 
The sound quality is not so great then I expected - on the gold version, Low Bass.
I bought one of those old triton Ax pro with real 5.1 to compare, let's see how that one performs.
 
I looked at these headphones for the same 3D Audio reason but I had no luck whatsoever finding out if GTS supported it. Kinda glad as while 3D Audio is what I was after, the headphones themselves didn't review too well. Bought HyperX Cloud II's instead.

The PS5 will have 3D Audio as standard so there's no need to pay over the odds for an average quality headset.
 
Is there any phone Bluetooths that work on PS4? The one I have worked on the PS3 but not the PS4. Went online and the info I saw said Sony needs to update the PS4. Anybody know if that's happened yet?
 
I have a pair of platinum headphones they are very good in my opinion, the virtual surround works well.
 
3D audio in headphones isn’t based on the games at all. It’s just like all other forms of surround sound in headphones. The headphones own processors produce the sounds, only based on 2 channel audio. My Astro A50s simulate Dolby Digital 7.1, and if I shut the surround off on the headset, then my Xbox X can simulate Dolby Atmos (3D audio)through them or any other headphone. It’s not necessary in racing games, but for the overhead stuff like planes and helicopters.
 
I looked at these headphones for the same 3D Audio reason but I had no luck whatsoever finding out if GTS supported it. Kinda glad as while 3D Audio is what I was after, the headphones themselves didn't review too well. Bought HyperX Cloud II's instead.

The PS5 will have 3D Audio as standard so there's no need to pay over the odds for an average quality headset.

How are the Cloud 2’s with GTS? I bought the Arctic 7 wireless and was underwhelmed. Not bad but wanted more. Don’t mind wires as long as they don’t get in my way as I use a rig. Is the surround sound good for GTS? What about FPS or games like The Last of Us? Does the surround sound make a difference?
 
The surround is pretty good in GTS but it seems to be centered on cockpit view so slightly off in other views. You can still tell where people are though. In TLOU, they were brilliant for positional audio and with the added DAC, a nice clear sound. Better than my PC's onboard for music anyway.

Easily the most comfortable (affordable to me) headset I've owned.
 
The surround is pretty good in GTS but it seems to be centered on cockpit view so slightly off in other views. You can still tell where people are though. In TLOU, they were brilliant for positional audio and with the added DAC, a nice clear sound. Better than my PC's onboard for music anyway.

Easily the most comfortable (affordable to me) headset I've owned.

Thanks a bunch. Sounds excellent. One more quick question. How long is the soundcard cord that goes to the USB port on the PS4 combined with the cord you plug into the headset. I’m just wondering if I need to get an extension cable. My racing chair on my rig sits around 8 feet away from the PS4, give or take a couple feet. Should have measured, lol.
 
There's about 10' in total. A 2 meter (ish) USB to DAC cord and another meter on the headphones to a 3.5mm jack so you'll be fine.

One drawback is the microphone and its noise cancelling doing too good a job through the DAC. People told me it was too quiet so I have to switch to plugging the headphones into a DS4 for a much clearer mic sound. It means you lose out on the mic functions on the DAC and surround sound.
 
I bought two other headsets to compare with the Arctis 7’s; the HyperX Cloud 2’s and the PS Platinum. The Clouds were great all purpose headphones, which is what I was looking for, while the Platinums were fantastic on the PS4 with Headset Companion app but not the best for music. But both hurt my head after wearing them for a short amount of time. This surprised me with the Clouds as they are one of the most comfortable headsets for most people. The Arctis 7’s were extremely comfortable but like I said I wanted more than stereo for games and they were decent for music.

I decided I was going to have to spend more to get all that I wanted. I also had $100 in credits at Best Buy so I exchanged the three above and got the Arctis Wireless Pro headphones. Wow!! Best sound of any headphones, earbuds, etc., I’ve ever had. Audiophile quality.

These come with a DAC box you can hook up to your PS4 or PC and support 7.1, DTS X and Dolby for 3D sound. You can change everything you need to on the DAC without having to use the PC software with the exception of firmware updates. Can even create your own equalizer settings in addition to the existing profiles like Immersion, Performance, Music, Entertainment, etc.

These also have dual wireless so I use the 2.4ghz for the PS4 and Bluetooth for my phone at the same time so you can answer calls or listen to music off the phone while you’re gaming.

Another excellent feature is the covers on the earcups are held on by magnets and come off, and the right earcup holds the battery, which you get two of. The other battery charges in a slot on the side of the DAC. So when the battery in the earcup gets low, you just switch them out and, voila, you got a fully charged headset. No more worries about your headset dying on you or charging with a cord (though they give you a cord for this option as well if you prefer). Genius.

The DAC has a display on the front so you can see everything you’re doing, whether changing settings on the DAC itself or from the headset. The volume rocker pushes down so when you want to change other things than main volume you just push and click it to change chat mix, BT volume, equalizer settings and so on.
The mic retracts into the earcup and lights up red on the end when you mute it so you know for sure it’s muted.

Like the Arctis 7’s these have the same “ski goggle” strap so it feels like they are floating on your head, no pressure points. I could wear these things all day.
No doubt, they are expensive, but the credits brought them down to a great price for all that you are getting. I would say they are worth it even at the regular price but I know opinions vary on that. Definitely worth it for the price I paid. They hook up a bit differently than other headsets using a toslink cable and USB to the back of the DAC with the toslink hooking up to the back of the PS4 Pro but they include all the cables you need.
They have a black matte finish and have an understated look that doesn’t scream gaming headset whatsoever but you can dress them up a bit with 3 different options of colored earcups and strap that are sold separately.
Highly recommended for gaming, music, movies, everything.
 
I looked at these headphones for the same 3D Audio reason but I had no luck whatsoever finding out if GTS supported it. Kinda glad as while 3D Audio is what I was after, the headphones themselves didn't review too well. Bought HyperX Cloud II's instead.

The PS5 will have 3D Audio as standard so there's no need to pay over the odds for an average quality headset.

what kind of sounds have you distinguished in GTS? tires, opponents, engine position too ???
 
The surround is brilliant in cockpit view but GTS's audio seems to be focused on that view. Switch to bonnet or bumper and the sound is slightly behind while chase puts it in front. You can still tell where everything is but you'll need to mess with the game's audio options to balance things out. Turning up tire screech and lowering transmission whine, that sort of thing.

GT5 and/or 6 had an option where you could choose the audio based on what view you were using but it's missing in GTS. Just when I needed it most, it's not there but it's not a deal breaker as surround still works well.

The surround is brilliant in other games though. Really adds to the atmosphere.
 
what kind of sounds have you distinguished in GTS? tires, opponents, engine position too ???
The surround is brilliant in cockpit view but GTS's audio seems to be focused on that view. Switch to bonnet or bumper and the sound is slightly behind while chase puts it in front. You can still tell where everything is but you'll need to mess with the game's audio options to balance things out. Turning up tire screech and lowering transmission whine, that sort of thing.

GT5 and/or 6 had an option where you could choose the audio based on what view you were using but it's missing in GTS. Just when I needed it most, it's not there but it's not a deal breaker as surround still works well.

The surround is brilliant in other games though. Really adds to the atmosphere.

Thanks a lot for you reply, very useful and detailed!! I'm looking for the Sony Platinum Headset to play GT Sport. Your comments help me very much
 
Back