Does GT accurately model Hybrid powertrains?

• Thread starter edenist
  • 6 comments
Australia
Australia
I purchased the Honda NSX road car in game today and was putting it through its paces.
The interior detail is beautiful and I noticed that the dashboard even shows the power output of the electric motors, along with the regenerative braking.
One thing I noticed though is that when under WOT for an extended period, eventually the electric motor output drops to zero. I couldn't find a battery charge indicator anywhere on the dashboard, so I am unsure if this was indicative of the batteries being depleted, or whether it's a normal mode of operation whereby electric assistance is reduced as speed increases.

I did some rudimentary testing to see if I could detect whether the electric motors were adding power to the car, or whether I could feel when they cut out. But I couldn't detect any difference personally.

This got me wondering, with a few hybrid supercars in the game utilizing an ERS system, does the game accurately model them as such?

If so, it would be really great to add a battery charge indicator to the HUD [similar to the fuel gauge] which would add another strategic element to races.

I haven't been able to find a single mention of it anywhere! Hence why I decided to make a post here.

Definitely would be great if anyone had some inside info ;-) Or, even a better way of checking this in-game that myself haha.

I purchased the Honda NSX road car in game today and was putting it through its paces.
The interior detail is beautiful and I noticed that the dashboard even shows the power output of the electric motors, along with the regenerative braking.
One thing I noticed though is that when under WOT for an extended period, eventually the electric motor output drops to zero. I couldn't find a battery charge indicator anywhere on the dashboard, so I am unsure if this was indicative of the batteries being depleted, or whether it's a normal mode of operation whereby electric assistance is reduced as speed increases.

I did some rudimentary testing to see if I could detect whether the electric motors were adding power to the car, or whether I could feel when they cut out. But I couldn't detect any difference personally.

This got me wondering, with a few hybrid supercars in the game utilizing an ERS system, does the game accurately model them as such?

If so, it would be really great to add a battery charge indicator to the HUD [similar to the fuel gauge] which would add another strategic element to races.

It is not currently featured, which is a shame. For instance, the LaFerrari uses KERS but that feature isn't available in the game, making it have much better performance than in reality.

I have seen one little detail that shows PD putting work into little mechanical details. The GT3 RS, It has functioning rear steering. Saw it during the intro to a nations cup race. I wouldn't be surprised if there were other hidden details like hybrid systems. They had it in GT6 with the Toyota LMP1 car didn't they?

From what I've managed to test, the race cars definitely have a visible indication of Hybrid power, but you can only see it onboard the car itself. I'll have to check out the road cars myself but it seems like PD have modelled Hybrid system just without a easier indication of it as they did in GT6 (Via the UI)

I have seen one little detail that shows PD putting work into little mechanical details. The GT3 RS, It has functioning rear steering. Saw it during the intro to a nations cup race. I wouldn't be surprised if there were other hidden details like hybrid systems. They had it in GT6 with the Toyota LMP1 car didn't they?

They indeed did with a lot of cars (Ironically, with the NSX Concept being among the cars). They even had a clever one with the Tomahawk (The race version) where what was normally the boost button for other cars became the DRS for it.

Back