Does gt5 link?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Clay1
  • 9 comments
  • 985 views
Messages
4
Messages
Clay1
Just got gt5 and played for 2 days on one ps3 and went to another ps3 with my user profile but it does not pick up anything I did. Although I can view my log on my profile and it shows the full history of my cars and races. How do I get it to link so I don't have to redo everything from this ps3?
 
Thing is I have 3 ps3's in my house and would like to play from my saved status from any of them. It is possible right?
 
The only example i can use is Call Of Duty.
If you played online on it your rank is saved to your account and server. So you can go on different PS3s and continue.
HOWEVER, GT5 doesn't do that to your level and cars. You have to copy your data on the other ps3 then import to the one you don't want to start over on.
P.S. Double posting is a no-no
 
If you have a PS+ account your saves will be stored in the cloud system, so your save can be used on any PS3 that you log into using your account.

If you do not wish to pay for PS+, you can do this manually by copying your save data onto a USB Flash Drive and then copy the save data onto the other PS3 you want to play on.
 
How do I do that?
Ps. Sorry didnt know I did anything wrong.
 
Put a USB stick into your PS3. Copy the save file from the PS3 to the USB stick. Put the USB stick into another PS3, and copy from the USB to the new PS3. Then you should be able to continue like nothing ever happened.
 
It's okay you know now.
Avoid double posting as it just clutters up the forum, if you have something else to add use the edit function.

You can copy save files by going to the XBM menu (Press the PS button)

Then go to Game - Saved Data Utility (PS3)
Scroll down to Gran Turismo 5 (It will be at the top if it was the last game to save) and press triangle.

Select Copy and set the destination to the USB drive you have presumably plugged into your PS3.

Then at the other end (on the second PS3) go into Saved Data Utility again and copy the save file from your USB drive onto the PS3, overwriting the save file on the PS3 and replacing it with the updated one.
Oh and one last thing;

Welcome to GTPlanet!

You'll find the AUP here if you missed it while signing up. Follow these rules and you'll be all set.
Make sure to check stickies and the FAQs to see if any questions you have have already been answered.

Also be sure to make good use of the search function this website provides, it's always better to contribute to an existing thread than to make a new one when possible 👍
 
Thanks for all the help. I got it .sorry about the dumb question . I usually just play cod so never ran into this before.
 
Don't worry about it 👍 Happy to help.
 
Yeah this works nowadays but I remember when GT5 savedata was copy-protected
 
Back