Does GT5's online ever make you want to...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 18 comments
  • 3,514 views

Furinkazen

Sim Racing Organiser
Premium
Messages
44,186
United Kingdom
Blackburn
Messages
Furinkazen_54
fdea5d78caerslsp.jpg


That black screen of death is so annoying... I once waited 2 mins on a blank screen and spawned in ON TOP of a Altezza Touring car that was stuck in the ground...

Anyon else ever felt so frustrated that they just want to explode at their PS3?
 
Last edited:
Not really..
I just sigh and reset the game.
 
It can be rather disheartening. Mostly I just curse my luck, reset and try again. Although after a certain amount of tries I will bang my hand on my dresser.
 
Nah. Not much of a problem here. Not worth setting an ammunitions depot on fire. :sly:
 
This is a pretty huge problem of online. I don't like waiting a few minutes just to start the race. I especially hate it when one of two things happens; I start very late or more frequently, get disconnected.
 
I only hate it when I hear people in the room say things like:

"What the **** just happened?"

"What did you just do?"

Tedious.
 
It's exacerberated by the fact that you get redirected to the main menu each time, adding an extra 3-5 minutes to your misery:banghead:
 
I had a black screen when the countdown started, the race said i was first but i was last by 60 seconds.
 
this game seems to be getting more buggy each time they release new updates. online has got alot worse now with black screen of death, also race starting while your side is still loading. also missing people on the race list rankings. example, last night we was in a room and a few of us was on, but i could hear my mates talking to someone. but i could not hear that person. so i asked whom they were talking too and they said was my other friend. yet the funny thing was, according to my screen he was not even on the track but was in lobby.

so race ended and i thought i came second. but no i came third cos of missing person came first.

PD is starting to annoy me now as im also starting to turn my game off alot earlier, i cannot be bothered to keep loading rooms only to be kicked out from server again.... this game is got from bad to worse
 
It only seems to happen to me when there's a lot of net activity in the house.

And usually, there isn't.
 
It's exacerberated by the fact that you get redirected to the main menu each time, adding an extra 3-5 minutes to your misery:banghead:

+1 Agreed, absolute pain to not be directed back to the server selection screen where you have at least already filtered what you want to see.
 
Lag in the main menus and the annoying black screen during online races.
 
I refuse to play online anymore. It's way too aggravating for many reasons, this thread topic being one of them. I play ASpec instead. Handicap myself and actually the races are more rewarding this way and don't have to deal with the online nonsense.
 
If you have all racers enter the pits before the start of a race this solves the problem 99% of the time...
 
That is supposed to help... but it rarely seems to work in a packed room.
 
Why be upset if it's a problem on your end most of the time? GT5 is a broadband intensive game and when to little bandwidth is available you will get all sorts of things happening. Sometimes it's the host who has a bad connection and has the grid too big for his connection to handle, but realistically if you are sitting at the black screen then it's a local issue.

Haven't seen this except for a few times back in January, but the host was having connection issues. Haven't come across it since, well yesterday was in a room that took maybe 15 second pause before displaying the track, but the race ran smoothly. Funny thing is I have three laptops and one desktop aside from Wii, PS3 and 360 hooked up. But when playing at least two laptops are online while playing any system online. Always remember to reset that router at least twice a week if you have heavy internet traffic.
 
Back