Does iRacing support 5 monitors?

• Thread starter slybynight
  • 7 comments
na
Currently running gt6 on 5 X PS3 with 5 monitors - all displaying view (no info monitors required).
I am looking to upgrade to something more realistic that I can race online AND keep my T500, T3PA Pro and TH8A shifter.
Happy to move to PC and buy sufficient graphics card(s), but I don't know if any of the race sims support 5 monitors.
NB - not interested in VR.

Many thanks for any help.

SLI (or Crossfire) is effectively dead so forget multiple graphics cards to help you drive multiple screens. Gaming is now focussed on single GPU solutions - nVidia for example don't even have an SLI connector on their latest RTX 3080.

Max screens you can drive with gaming cards these days is 4. You can go 6 if I remember rightly with SLI but as said previously SLI is basically dead and I would not trust it with gaming now or in future.

My advice is to go triple.

I run 5 monitors in iRacing. I have a GTX-1070 which is about 2 years old now. I run triple 32" 4k monitors in nVidia surround. Then I run two smaller monitors for two different telemetry apps. The larger monitor is a 12" DVI to HDMI and the smallest monitor is a USB 7" in dash monitor. The 12" monitor is mounted above the middle 32" monitor and I run iSpeed telemetry off of that.

So that's 5 monitors, one is a USB and it works great.

@left888 Many thanks for your informative post. I am really looking to have all 5 providing the view because they provide an elegant solution to the screen angling problem. They are small and cheap. But because there are 5 of them I don't have to place the centre one immediately behind the wheel and have them at ridiculous angles to get the 180 degrees FOV.

Unfortunately, your and others' voices are starting to signal that I will have to move to 3 :-(......

.....Unless you could do me a favour and try and configure your other 2 as part of the main view - like side screens to the other 2. Obvs don't physically move them or anything, but will they actually display part of the extended view?

@slybynight ... This set up would probably alleviate the need for 5 screens ....

But seriously I reckon 3x 27'' curved monitors would be more than enough when positioned correctly.
I currently run 3x 24'' but am think of upgrading to 3x 27'' 1440p monitors, but my PC would struggle to run something like that even on iRacing at the moment...One day maybe.

I ran triple 55" HDTV's for many years with zero lag. Not at 1440 mind you, now I've downsized to 32" 4k monitors. Very happy with this setup, running a 8600 i5.

@left888 ...You running 7680x1440 on a GTX1070 with no issues ? Do you need to have the graphics turned down much ?
I have a RX580, while all the specs check out that I could run that type of resolution, I'm not convinced I would be able to do it with decent graphics settings... But if you can run 3x 4k monitors off a 1070 there might be a bit of hope for me.

Back