Does it really BOP equal the cars?

• Thread starter Marcruiz
  • 10 comments
Spain
Spain
That’s my question, because for examample whith BOP activated the mustang gr.3 have 623 horsepower and 1300 kg, and the Toyota FT-1 have 552 horsepower and 1305 kg. I am running in a championship and by lot i got the mustang, we played with BOP the first race, but now they decided to quit the BOP for equaly the cars. Whithout BOP, at the maxium level all the cars have 700-705 horsepower, and the same weight too. So what is better for run a championship whith diferent cars and the maxium equaly?

Thanks!!!

That’s my question, because for examample whith BOP activated the mustang gr.3 have 623 horsepower and 1300 kg, and the Toyota FT-1 have 552 horsepower and 1305 kg. I am running in a championship and by lot i got the mustang, we played with BOP the first race, but now they decided to quit the BOP for equaly the cars. Whithout BOP, at the maxium level all the cars have 700-705 horsepower, and the same weight too. So what is better for run a championship whith diferent cars and the maxium equaly?

Thanks!!!
I'd guess Bop is going to make the cars a lot closer than just maxing them out and taking your chances. Bop takes things into account that you cannot see, like the overall grip multiplier for each car. The FT-1 probably has slightly more grip than the Mustang which is why the Mustang has 70 more hp under the BoP regs. Not using the Bop will mean you can have cars with similar power and weight but differing grip levels.

No BOP will be more unbalanced than having it on and that currently does not work too well, especially in Gr.4.

GR.3 BoP is working okish. You'll be better off with BoP enabled rather than not.

GR.3 BoP is working okish. You'll be better off with BoP enabled rather than not.

Yes there are some uncompetitive cars that you never see that should be improved but there are no way too fast ones like in Gr.4 at least.

Thanks all for your comments, for me it’s clear, is better run with BOP, but they want to quit, so i think the car will have more protagonism than the pilot.

I would be interested in trying a lobby with Gr4, with Bop off but everyone agreeing not to tweak they're car at all from its stock setup. Just to see what happens.
Would need to be a closed lobby with people you trust though :odd:

While BoP intervene on Power and Weight to balance the performances, it isn't all about that.
It's also about all car dynamics, how good is the chassis, the suspensions, the aero, the weight distribution...
For that reason, the FT-1 has 70hp less than the Mustang, for similar weight.
If you put both with the same power output and same weight, you will realize the FT-1 will be much faster

I would be interested in trying a lobby with Gr4, with Bop off but everyone agreeing not to tweak they're car at all from its stock setup. Just to see what happens.
Would need to be a closed lobby with people you trust though :odd:

I'd be up for this, What about aids/lack of, FF seemingly needs no assistance but anything FR even MR needs them in my testing.

I think they did pretty decent job.

It’s impossible to completely balance the cars. No two drivers are the same. Some cars require more skill to drive, different drivetrains respond to aids being turned on differently.

Some racing leagues do weight balast based on previous results but you need a reliable group of people

Actually if the online matchmaking in this game was configured just a bit differently then all the cars would have a second BOP rating as the the drivers are matched by rankings and lap times.

If changes were made to;
1.) Qualify daily and require the driver to use the car within the race that he used to set his qualifying time.
2.) The drivers Qualifying time will be immediately reset to whatever that drivers fastest lap on that track is for that day even if that faster lap was set within a race.
3.) Any change to car used by driver will require new qualifying time set prior to racing that car.
4.) Any driver aids used within the race must have also been activated during the Qualifying session to be allowed within the race.
5.) No racers may enter any daily race without setting a Q time prior to race entry.

If all drivers are ranked and entered into the race by their fastest lap times if a driver is turning a lap of 2:04.5 it would not matter whether he was driving a Megane, Porsche, Scirocco or a Viper it is still a lap time of 2:04.5.
If qualifying was a requirement and all aids used to race activated during the Q session then more variables would be factored into the time from the Q session.
If the fastest lap turned was updated to the new Q time then sandbagging the Q time would have limited life as future races would be based off of the fastest lap.
This to me is the best BoP of all and drivers can then race what they want and be in races with like time drivers but the lobby matching times has to be more narrow.

Back