Does Low FPS Cause Slower Race Times?

United States
Los Angeles
DestenDeath2
Hi everyone,

My questions is simply:

If you have and older version PS3 Console with a slow CPU processor; can the low Frames per second cause for you to have slower race times?

My Case:

Every time I race with my colleagues I always seem to be slower than everyone else. When I watch them play I notice I'm taking the corners just as fast as them but for some reason I'm always placing slower times. Is there any forums or web links to this issue or am I the first one to mention it? lol.

Anyways, If you know something about this let me know.

Setup:

1. PS3 Console: 40GB - CECH4 - 1st Gen PS3
2. T300RS
3. 30Mbs Download
4. 10 Mbs Upload.

The CPU speed is the same 3.2GHz across all the PS3 derivatives I believe. The only real difference between them is the manufacturing process going from 90nm through 65nm to 45nm with the heat dissipation improving along with the lower power consumption.

That's an interesting proposal. I got a new PS3 in March 2016 and noticed that when I was racing with friends I was suddenly faster. I've always chalked it up to breaking through a slump.

I think you might have a point. I sort of recall a few years ago during gta or a time trial where guys were trying to reduce graphics to 720p in order to increase frame rate. Was worth a tenth I think.

Back