Does PD hate the West Coast of the US or something?

United States
PNW
Zenmervolt
Just saw on the latest news update that server maintenance will be every Wednesday from 9pm to 11pm Pacific time. Which means that for those of us who live on the West Coast are going to be unable to save once a week right at the time when most working folks are wanting to shut down the game and get some sleep.

In the grand scheme of things it's minor, of course, and at least we have a heads up, but for working folk it's annoying. By the time you get home, make dinner, eat dinner, tidy up a bit, maybe throw in a load of laundry, it's 8 o'clock and there's hardly any time to sit down and run a race or two before the servers shut down. PD should at least alternate the maintenance time instead of taking them down every week.

(Yes, I know this makes me sound like a cranky old man. Oh well. Now get off my lawn. :-P )

I mean, I doubt it — PD has one of its offices there, after all. :P

My guess is there was no winning: push it later and you're affecting Europeans in the morning (it currently aligns with 0500–0700 in the UK, for example). Earlier and it'd be affect the after-school crowd on your side, and the post-dinner folks here in EST. The current time slot also translates to lunch time for Japan.

Back