Does PD realize physics changes should affect licenses and missions?

United States
United States
Has anyone gotten 1st in The Human Comedy: Deep Forest SINCE update v1.25? Crickets.. right?

I don't think Polyphony Digital realize that their physics changes have affected the difficulty of achieving licenses and missions. Think about it. Changing the PP ratings and the physics are correlated to the challenge target times. By changing one but not the other, the challenges are no longer "tuned" for a given target difficulty. The result is that certain challenges are substantially easier or harder depending on myriad factors, but the key point is that they are no longer calibrated to reality. They are still calibrated to an old physics model which the user is no longer able to use.

To me the point of licenses and missions is that excellent drivers can obtain gold or better, good drivers silver, and average drivers bronze. When the physics model is altered, the missions and licenses need to be RECALIBRATED. I have not seen any information which indicates this has been done.

I think changing the physics model at the core of the game has such high impact consequences in the game that all the missions, menus, and licenses need to be reevaluated. I hope PD sees this and makes a public statement about this.

It would be ideal but what happens to the ones you've already completed? Does your previous result just get wiped? Do the credit rewards also reset? And the trophies?

Would make these back to back physics updates an even bigger pain in the butt if you have to redo every single license/circuit experience (with potentially no payout) on top of retuning every single car in your garage.

I mean, there was a significant amount of time in all of the patches they did with GT5 that they accidentally turned off collisions causing a failure in licence tests. They probably dont.

(I don't think it can be understated just how easy IC-10 was when you can just punt people.)

Last edited:
Honestly this is the best theory I have for the lack of new content coming to the game. Add more content now, it's more to rebalance later when they've finally settled on something. Except it's Polyphony, they'll never settle. So I don't know.

I recall GT5 having a wet weather physics update that made the wet weather licenses about 10x harder than they were originally, so I don't expect them to change anything to accommodate things now.

For the most part, if not for the entirety of the game - I would say the physics changes has made things easier. I can certainly answer your Deep Forest question because yes, both myself and people I know have progressed or replayed the endurances in the past month or two. I don't see them fixing things to make it harder again, but if they made it too hard I could see it being made easier.

The floor for tuning events isn't any different, things that made them easy before were exploits and whilst it's nigh impossible to create exploited tunes now, it's just as easy to make a viable legit tune as it was before the adjustments, if anything it's easier because making a good suspension or LSD setup wont push you over the PP edge.

Last edited:
I mean, some would argue that the physics updates made the cars easier to drive. Quite difficult to quantify, but many were able to knock literal seconds off quali, CE, and TT times shortly after the most recent physics update patch... myself included.

Be careful for what you wish for. Just sayin'.
I hope PD sees this and makes a public statement about this.
:lol: Sorry.... I just.... :lol:

They know but thats in the too hard basket unless it renders licenses and missions physically impossible. We have already seen at least one mission patched.

Last edited:
FYI, Missions 8-4 and 8-8 had their requirements changed somewhere in GT Sport's life (idk when, but I did notice the change when I compared launch footage vs present-day version).

Has anyone gotten 1st in The Human Comedy: Deep Forest SINCE update v1.25? Crickets.. right?
I havent seen any difficulty change at that very specific event or the others I did to verify my previous racing strategies are still working as way before. I can certianly say a very few specific (outright broken) cars dont run remotely as good as they did in 1.90, but for my personal non-glitchy/non-uber choices, there is basically everything the same as before.

Kei-Car event in fact became easier.

Back