Does Power Limitation function ruin your online experience?

Does Power Limitation function ruin your online experience?

• Yes

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • No

Votes: 42 79.2%

• Total voters
amigo8833
Does Power Limitation function ruin your online experience? I think it has to be limited to only 5 to 10% deduction or even an option to turn it off by host because there are gamers using much higher power car with 50% power limitation and they are far faster than others.
For now, is there any suggestion that we solve the problem?

PS: Sorry, I can't alter to three options, including "It depends" or "Yes and no".

Last edited:
I agree there should definitely be an option to turn off power management as well as ballast weight.

This sort of ruins some car classes. Now in the 1000kg 450bhp class you had your NSX, 370Z, Evora etc. Now I can make a McLaren F1 fully tuned with some ballast and power reduction make those cars look like they're standing still.

I think the host needs to use all things to limit their races, PP, tyres, weight and power. Using this I think it should be ok.

Saying that 95% of the races I enter are with friends so I am fine!

Can't really vote, but just ban race cars, or whatever is causing problems, from your room. People did it before, they can do it now.

If you're not the host, change rooms.

I think the host needs to use all things to limit their races, PP, tyres, weight and power.

Agreed. However I heard that PP and power/weight cannot be used at the same time for some odd reason. Is it true?

They need to refine the PP but its definitely the best addition to online racing for me. It takes into consideration the car's aero, power, handling, weight and tires. For example, earlier today I was in a 600 PP room and killing all these GT-R, Gallardo etc with my Wedsport Celica. Even though I was a rock on the straights compared to their cars, I more than made it up in the corners. Basically, now its power vs handling, so you have to decide on the car depending on the track. On a fast track like Monza, go with something powerful, but on a tight technicaly track like Tsukuba, go with something that has great handling.

Yesterday i too was wondering how the hp limitter really works. In most of the races the lead group was always made of cars that naturally would have went over the hp limit of the race and were thus using the hp limitter. Beginnign to wonder if there is some advantage to "over tune" the car and then set it back to the race limits with the hp limitter compared to the cars that peak naturally at the hp limit. Maybe i'm just imagining things...

A good host and limiting by PP will balance every thing im pretty sure a nsx will get way less stripped than a mclaren f1 if you restrict the PP to fit that perfomance level of cars

but restricting by hp and weight will cause trouble for sure now unless they fix that power limit to 15% max

I just used CLK (475ps with no power limitation) for a 4-lap race in Cape Ring with 420ps and 950 kg restrictions (for testing, and I will not race like this). I used power limitor with 85% to pass the restrictions. I won by 8 seconds and ususally, if I am lucky, I win the same race by 2-3 seconds only without power limitor and with same "class" car. It's unfair. The host got away then and I guess there will be many "cheaters" like this, which would ruin the game or all of us will race with the same tricks to race. From now on, hosts would be very busy to warn and kick the "cheaters" and other gamers would be annoyed by them. I guess the self-discipline and discipline from hosts would be the way to solve this right now until PD has some improvements on this.

Last edited:
All you need is a good host and restrict by Performance Points im pretty sure that a NSX will have alot less stripped than a Mclaren f1 it the pp is based for that style of performing cars

Power limiter max should be fixed to around 15% max. 50% is rediculous. Restricting by power and weight now will cause extreme unbalanced racing

Also I keep seeing on these forums that host should restrict all 3 -PP, HP, and WEIGHT well you can not restrict all 3 combined its pp or weight and hp

No potato, no vote from me... lol i'm kidding. I voted for no, as i usually host and i know GT5 cars pretty well. If i see an F1 in my lotus race i don't hesitate to kick him. PS i love how the update actually tells you if you got kicked now :)

I just used CLK (475ps with no power limitation) for a 4-lap race in Cape Ring with 420ps and 950 kg restrictions (for testing, and I will not race like this). I used power limitor with 85% to pass the restrictions. I won by 8 seconds and ususally, if I am lucky, I win the same race by 2-3 seconds only without power limitor and with same "class" car. It's unfair. The host got away then and I guess there will be many "cheaters" like this, which would ruin the game or all of us will race with the same tricks to race. From now on, hosts would be very busy to warn and kick the "cheaters" and other gamers would be annoyed by them. I guess the self-discipline and discipline from hosts would be the way to solve this right now until PD has some improvements on this.

Again, I raced with the same race and won by 8 seconds. The second car was Arta Garaiya. I don't think it's fair to other players online for using power limitor in races with hp and weight limiation. Regarding pp system, what's your experience?

No potato, no vote from me... lol i'm kidding. I voted for no, as i usually host and i know GT5 cars pretty well. If i see an F1 in my lotus race i don't hesitate to kick him. PS i love how the update actually tells you if you got kicked now :)

Yeah, good hosts are much needed to regulate. For some random room, they need you!

The third time: I raced with Lexus Weds Sport IS350 (407ps, without power limitation) and finished in the second. The first is Lotus Evora and he led by 5 seconds. My best lap was 2:45 with IS350 and with CLK (85% power-limited to 420 ps) , mine was 2:36. It may not be comparable but just for your reference.

Power limiter max should be fixed to around 15% max. 50% is rediculous. Restricting by power and weight now will cause extreme unbalanced racing
Yeah, thanks. We got it the first time.

The only extent that this should be changed is giving the host the option to specify to what extent the limiter can be used. For example, the host sets the lowest limiter setting to 85%, so any car that would require the horsepower to be lowered by more than 15% can't enter the race. That would please the more vocal members who have been legitimately criticizing the odd ringer in online races, and it would please the people who enjoy using the engine limiter to its full potential.
To be frank, there is no reason to change anything about the current system when the only changes needed to keep ringers from getting into races is giving the room host a controllable range for the engine limiter. That would also eliminate someone finding and entering a car that has underrated P.P. numbers to get around P.P. limits.

Last edited:
No, the power limitation does not ruin online racing. It is, instead, a new tool to create your favorite cars. But, PD does need to make it where you can restrict all three: PP, hp, and weight.

I usually use my Oullim Motors Spirra for 404 hp races. It previously had 403 hp and 368 ft-lb torque. Now the engine output is 404 hp and 521 fl-lb torque. I am not frustrated by this, I just assume everybody will do the same.

Just so you know. Performance Points (PP) has nothing to do with tires. You need to restrict that seperately. As far as I can tell, PP is calculated using aerodynamics (especially downforce), max hp, power band, and weight.

No potato option?:D

It's a bit annoying when you have 800hp X1's taking on LMP's. A weight limit 200kg above the X1's weight helps.

However, considering it's so useful now that I'm never 5hp off the limit, I voted NO

Probably soon everybody will be using power reduced cars. If you're fine with this - ok. I think it sucks...

No, but the people who abuse it sure do. Holy crap. I'd like to say that I'm exempt, but I may or may not have taken the nerf bat to a BMW V12 LMR Race Car ‘99 and, um... yeah.

I usually use my Oullim Motors Spirra for 404 hp races. It previously had 403 hp and 368 ft-lb torque. Now the engine output is 404 hp and 521 fl-lb torque. I am not frustrated by this, I just assume everybody will do the same.

So the hp limitter doesn't affect the torque range?

Edit: and i agree with Toronado's idea of adjustable hp limiter limitter. :)

no, the hp limiter is not a problem. If your 800hp car is limited to 400hp, then it has 400hp! a bmw m3 with 400hp will be as fast as a R10 TDI limited to 400hp.

The problem is that those "limited race cars" have superior weight, weight ratio, downforce, gearbox etc. This makes thos cars faster.

The solution is to limit HP and weight, but the problem is that a R10 TDI still has more downforce than a fully tuned M3.

To fix this you need to add PP limitations.

The best thing would be if you could make HP, weight and PP limitations at the same time.

But removing the Power Limitation completly? NO, it was so frustrating to find a good car in the last patch, i am glad they added PP, Power Limiter and Balast.

Latest Posts

Back