Does remote racing pay more credits out than B Spec Dream Champ?

johnboy_1975
Just started doing remote races, got 4 or 5 good people from here racing my bobs and I am doing the same for them in return

Thing is, if I ignored remote racing and ran 3 dream car championships (quitting out of the final race at the ring) this would take 3 hrs approx and net me approx £2.5m and 450,000 xp

I've not had any payouts approaching this, maybe (at best) cashing out 500k cash per day.

I guess the benefit of remote racing is that you can do it remotely (:dunce:) but again - not sure if its worth leaving my ps3 on all day to get a feeble payout.

Suppose it all depends how many of your friends (and how often) are racing your bobs.

Add me if you do a lot of remote racing: Johnboy_1975 (mention GTP)

In response to the subject line, no, it doesn't. Even though there are ways to get more out of remote, you'll never be able to get as much in the same time span as doing "offline" B-Spec. And with "offline" B-Spec you'll never be able to make as much in the same time span as with A-Spec.

Edit: That said, I, for one, don't do "offline" B-Spec anymore. I much prefer the advantages remote gives you, particularly the fact that you can earn money way beyond your $20 Million "offline" cap.

feeble payout? i created some sub-accounts and have been running remote races for about 10-12 hours at a time overnight, making sure all 6 guys from my main account are in every race.

in the morning when i check, i get about $220,000 for each driver on my main account, so about $1.3 million total. that is not feeble, especially for no effort on my part!

feeble payout? i created some sub-accounts and have been running remote races for about 10-12 hours at a time overnight, making sure all 6 guys from my main account are in every race.

in the morning when i check, i get about $220,000 for each driver on my main account, so about $1.3 million total. that is not feeble, especially for no effort on my part!

Then again, that's $1.3 Million for leaving your PS3 on for 10-12 hours overnight. You can get that with little intervention and having your PS3 on for only 2 hours.

Sure, I too prefer the convenience of remote racing, and the extra advantages it has, but making the same amount of money in 2 hours, as opposed to in 10-12, has some benefits, particularly if your PS3 is under the weather.

Running the B-Spec DCC nets about 860,000 credits, not 2.5m but you have to be there every ~20 minutes to advance races. The remote grinding widget will net far fewer credits in the same time but you don't have to babysit the PS3.

I'm currently grinding for the full garage trophy so run the DCC twice in the evenings and the widget ony my second account while I'm at work or asleep.

Running the B-Spec DCC nets about 860,000 credits, not 2.5m

It nets $779,400 for a 4-race championship, and it takes about an hour. So three 4-race championships net $2,338,200 and take about three hours. If you're around to start the races, or you've got some fancy setup to do it for you, that is. 2.5m, I believe, was just creative rounding up.

How do you do that? I am manually restarting remote races from my ps3 at the moment (so not very remote then) but aim to run them off my mobile in the future (if I can pursuade myself that its worthwhile leaving the ps3 on)

Is there an autostart last race widget you could point me towards?

And why can't you select more than one driver from the account hosting? Just forces people to create multi accounts - although most already have them due to previous glitches (duping, birthday).

2.5m, I believe, was just creative rounding up.

Correct.

How do you do that? I am manually restarting remote races from my ps3 at the moment (so not very remote then) but aim to run them off my mobile in the future (if I can pursuade myself that its worthwhile leaving the ps3 on)

Is there an autostart last race widget you could point me towards?

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=185890

Not autostart last race, but autostart random race (Edit: And yes, you need to have a computer running to run the widget, which can do Yahoo Widgets).

And why can't you select more than one driver from the account hosting? Just forces people to create multi accounts - although most already have them due to previous glitches (duping, birthday).

Yeah, I never got that either. Not sure what PD was thinking here. But that's what you've got those secondary accounts for. ;)

It nets $779,400 for a 4-race championship, and it takes about an hour. So three 4-race championships net $2,338,200 and take about three hours. If you're around to start the races, or you've got some fancy setup to do it for you, that is. 2.5m, I believe, was just creative rounding up.
My bad, I didn't register the '3x'!

After some new recruiting I am getting about 200,000 credits per driver a night.

All to the good, but "returning the favour" will net you circa £60k per hour, unless you run from a second account, whereby that figure could be circa £350k per hour.

One good (great) aspect of remote racing (from 2nd account) is that it doesn't cycle the UCD in your main account (obviously) so if you are 300k away from a nice car, previously you wouldn't be able to buy it - now you can

I started with the remote racing with the Yahoo Widget, however, I'm very weary now. As leaving my PS3 on during the day during work seems to have caused it to develop a vibration in the Blu-Ray optical drive :grumpy:.

It's still working, however, the noise is getting worse and I expect I'll have to replace the drive soon.

I bought it a year after they were released, so I've had it for may fun years. So it may have just been time ... or maybe not. Just sayin'.

Back