Does Rivals bounty only increase with gold membership?

• Thread starter Tyger
  • 2 comments
United Kingdom
UK
ReTyger
So I've reached a point where I am no longer getting any free cars or cash bonuses for levelling up, and still enjoying the events but have 10 or so very expensive cars I still want to get.

I played with Rivals mode some time back and it was soon clear how many people deliberately put in slow laps to benefit those who want to grind for the cash, and I'm pretty sure the bounty did start to go up a lot after a few hot laps or whatever other challenge I chose.

Now I've gone back to the rivals events, and firstly they seem to be all "fixed" whereas previously I picked them up from the message centre and some would time out, but secondly the bounty never seems to go up as I post gradually quicker and quicker laps, beating the opponent. The bounty never seems to increase from 2,500cr, plus bonuses, which comes to about 8,000cr or so.

The only reason for this I can think of is because I no longer have Gold membership with Xbox live, but this seems kinda suspect to say the least?

EDIT: Kinda figured it out, the higher bounty must only kick in when you start posting genuinely fast laps. You can still then exploit this by running a pretty fast clean lap from a standing start quit and collect the bounty, then with the next opponent carry on lapping but invalidate each lap by running off a little or banging a wall or two, then eventually when you get bored, post a faster clean lap with the running start you will then have, and collect that cash :)

Last edited:
You got it figured, then 👍

I probably have run well over 50 of the Dunsfold Dynamo event for just that reason; grinding. Once it hit 100,000 for the bounty, I would just switch the Leaderboard view to Near Me and pick the nearest person with a fractionally faster lap time. Aim to just barely beat the ghost, rinse, and repeat, and you'll have a ton of cash in no time.

I think the highest bounty I have saw is around 250k
I generally don't bother with the small prizes much but I have ran some of those quite a few times and collected a few million credits from them.

The bounty I think is based in part on how many people have driven the event and then where you place in that group.

I noticed that one of the times I posted on the ring was $150k bounty when I posted it many moons ago and now it is $250k

Back