Does the DualSense Controller work with GT6?

Baka_Marimo

I am thou, thou art I.
Premium
Turkey
Turkey
I'd like to pick up my GT6 savegame from where I left off many years ago and complete my car collection. However I don't have any properly working DS3s anymore and all the third party replacements I've come across lack the analogue stick sensitivity a game like GT6 requires. Apparently GT6 does not support the DualShock 4. Is it any different for the DualSense? I don't have a PS5 yet and therefore can't try it out but I'm willing to buy a controller if it works with GT6.

Last edited:
I'd like to pick up my GT6 savegame from where I left off many years ago and complete my car collection. However I don't have any properly working DS3s anymore and all the third party replacements I've come across lack the analogue stick sensitivity a game like GT6 requires. Apparently GT6 does not support the DualShock 4. Is it any different for the DualSense? I don't have a PS5 yet and therefore can't try it out but I'm willing to buy a controller if it works with GT6.
You probably just can’t even remotely play with it unless you modded your console, but I don’t think the PS3 even supports that by default at all.

The DualSense works with the PS3 out of the box. The guy in this video shows it from 8:34 onward by playing Motorstorm. I'm just wondering whether it will work with GT6 as well.

Last edited:
The DualSense works with the PS3 out of the box. The guy in this video shows it from 8:34 onward by playing Motorstorm. I'm just wondering whether it will work with GT6 as well.

The PS4 controller on worked in menus on GT5, but on 6 it couldn't cause some games are different.

Just buy a original Sony DS3 from Ebay or someone else like that, and that what I did.

Last edited:
I appreciate the advice but I'm really just asking whether the DualSense works with GT6 or not. I really don't want to go out and buy one without knowing and right now can't think of a reason to buy a PS5 either. It goes without saying that you can't buy new DS3s anymore and neither of the refurbished ones have held up for more than a week or two before either the analogue sticks or the L2/R2 triggers have gone wonky.

Last edited:
I appreciate the advice but I'm really just asking whether the DualSense works with GT6 or not. I really don't want to go out and buy one without knowing and right now can't think of a reason to buy a PS5 either. It goes without saying that you can't buy new DS3s anymore and neither of the refurbished ones have held up for more than a week or two before either the analogue sticks or the L2/R2 triggers have gone wonky.
Like I said it probably just won't work at all.

I have a DS5 and it does not work on GT6.

It goes without saying that you can't buy new DS3s anymore...

I bought a brand new DS3 a few months ago, it cost £11.49 off eBay. It was genuine, but was a later model, ever so slightly lighter & with less effective rumble.

DualShock 3 | eBay

One alternative is using a universal adapter like Cronusmax to use decent controllers from other consoles, the issue is that it is just as expensive unfortunately, or counterfeit ones. I have one of the "clones", it works but it is kinda terrible (at least it is not like clone controllers on the Wii which freeze the console if you run homebrew apps). I was searching if the 8bitdo adapter worked and it seems that it makes any controller to be recognized as a PS4 controller, so for the PS3 is kinda useless unfortunately. Will try the ps3xpad plugin on my modded PS3 to see if it works...

Last edited:
A word of warning for anyone trying to use the DS4 on PS3. When I plugged a DS4 into my PS3 Super Slim, navigation in GT6 worked, but driving did not-I don't remember if it was steering or acceleration/braking that was not functional. I had it set up for 2 player because I had the game running at the time.

The problem is that it rendered my brand new (as of 2019) DS3 inoperable. I can't recall exactly, but either the triggers or joysticks did not work. And it was not console or game specific, 2 consoles and three games had the same issue. I've not found any solutions nor reasons for this, and folks I've asked say they've never heard of such a thing. My supposedly video-game-smart son tells me this is impossible.

After this, I purchased an adaptor to use the DS4 and it works, but the stick dead zone is immense, and the method to change this is not functional. It might work if I update it via my computer, but with all of the weird stuff happening, I'm not about to risk it causing any problems with my expen$ive Asus laptop.

Last edited:
just my experience with ps3xpad: on hen models you have to search for a 3.55 signed version on hen or the console freezes/shuts down
And unfortunately it doesnt work with Xbox One S/X controllers at all, both wired and wireless (the Xbox One launch controller is officially supported if wired). I have a 360 controller and wireless adapter but I lent it to a friend so I cant test it. One tip: first, place a boot_plugins.txt empty file on the root of the USB drive because if you have issues like I had, it is possible to start the jailbreak process without loading the plugin if you have issues with freezing or shutting down and then from there, uninstall the plugin if necessary. Formatting the entire console again to uninstall the plugin and make the console work as before is unnecessary, since these mods load this config file first on USB then on HDD.

One curious thing is that, even without any mods, the PS3 do see the Xbox One S/X controllers fine (since they support Bluetooth), but it just fails to finish the pairing process.

Last edited:
updating my experience with ps3xpad since I got my 360 controller and wireless adapter back: GT5 and GT6 work flawlessly with it. Recommend to set the delay at 9ms, it will be compatible with most games and feel a bit more responsive than the default 10ms. You can set up the delay manually fine pressing START+SELECT and LB inside XMB menu to decrease the delay (or START+SELECT RB to increase), but it can affect the performance of some games if you decrease too much.
The only Gran Turismo game that done work with ps3xpad at all is GT5 Prologue. I think having a debug CFW console can make it work (some settings like compatibility mode made for games that dont work with the automatic plugin process only work on debug CFW) but I dont have it.

For people concerning about this delay, most TV sets have 20 to 32ms input lag at best with Game Mode enabled, the best gaming monitors tend to have 8 to 20ms. 1ms claimed by manufacturers is not true, using pixel response time to lure buyers instead of image processing time which is what affects input lag, adding to the fact that most console games are not that precise to begin with, you will only feel the delay with rhythm games (even then, with these values I played some without much issue, 10ms is what I dropped some notes but not that much). Playing any PS3 game on a gaming monitor will not feel that better than playing on your TV unless the display is going beyond these values I mentioned.

I am using ps3xpad and 360 controller mainly since it works with a lot of games and I think 360 controllers are easier and cheaper to find in good conditions than PS3 controllers.

Dont expect to mix and match controllers though, playing splitscreen with a player using a PS3 controller and other using a 360 one. One of them will have awful delay times.

Last edited:
Back