Does the G923 have an improved deadzone?

Vietnam
Vietnam
Been using an old logitech wheel for the past 20 years on the ps2/ps3 and am finally looking to upgrade to one that can work with the ps4/ps5. Where I live the G29 and G923 are the same price new. All things being equal I'd go with the g29 purely because it has ps3 support.

Looking online some people prefer either the G29 or the G923's brake, and some people like the true force while others think it makes things worse. I get that those things are subjective, so who knows which is right for me.

One thing I'm hoping is objective is if the G923's deadzone (or lack thereof) is a bit better than the G29's? I'd love to hear the impressions about deadzones from anybody who owns or has tried both. Thanks in advance.

just buy thrustmaster t300 it supports ps3 and is much better than logitech because belt > gears and it just work much smoother
price is really similar at the moment between t300 and g29/923
I used g29 for 2-3 years and this was wasted time, should go instantly into thrustmaster at least

t-lcm pedals would be nice addition to that too but it's optional

Last edited:
Hey thanks for the reply. I know that the belts of a Thrustmaster or the direct drive of a Fanatec would be a big step up. Unfortunately neither Thrustmaster or Fanatec are an option/available in the country I live in. Meaning I'm limited to a decision between the G29 and G923. If the G923 has an improved deadzone over the G29, I'll go with that. if not, I'll get the g29.

Hi there,

Yes, the FFB deadzone is one of the things that is improved over the older wheels. A closed loop electronics solution, beefier MCU and motor drivers all contribute to ensure that the FFB is more linear and responsive too, even in legacy FFB titles.

Hi there,

Yes, the FFB deadzone is one of the things that is improved over the older wheels. A closed loop electronics solution, beefier MCU and motor drivers all contribute to ensure that the FFB is more linear and responsive too, even in legacy FFB titles.
Does it still suffer from force feedback fade like G27? Any improvements to cooling? Why was PS3 functionality removed, I assume no way to use them pedals with G29 without getting a deadzone? Any plans for a new wheel base design?

Back