Does the nostalgia ever just hit you?

• Thread starter dylpro
  • 21 comments
United States
Illinois
dylpro98
It was like a sudden PTSD attack.

While doing Blue Moon for my daily mileage today I found myself having the most vivid flashback to the Sunday Cup in GT3 around Daytona Super Speedway, me in my Toyota Sprinter Trueno AE86 (always my first car in GT3, red not white), chasing down the Honda del Sol and Civic SiR-II hatch that were always leading the pack, and “She Sells Sanctuary” playing in the background.

Race after race grinding and grinding just to save up enough credits to get a Civic SiR-II of my own (because you started with just not quite enough credits to buy it from the start you see) because my God that thing was so damn fast!:eek:

Anyone else have a moment while playing GTS that brings you back to Gran Turismo of yesteryear?

Last edited:
It was like a sudden PTSD attack.

While doing Blue Moon for my daily mileage today I found myself having the most vivid flashback to the Sunday Cup in GT3 around Daytona, me in my Toyota Sprinter Trueno AE86 (always my first car in GT3, red not white), chasing down the Honda del Sol and Civic SiR-II hatch that were always leading the pack, and “She Sells Sanctuary” playing in the background.

Race after race grinding and grinding just to save up enough credits to get a Civic SiR-II of my own (because you started with just not quite enough credits to buy it from the start you see) because my God that thing was so damn fast!:eek:

Anyone else have a moment while playing GTS that brings you back to Gran Turismo of yesteryear?
I have to say I don’t feel very nostalgic when it comes to GT Sport, but once Deep Forest returns I’ll be blazing round there in every car in the game in time trial mode. The nostalgia will wash over me, in an awesome wave

Sometimes, nostalgia happens:

-When looking at the GT League options and spotting sunday cup and FF challenge

-When driving an MR2 around Tsukuba or a 458 around Monza

-When buying a fourth Nissan Skyline, but of a different Generation than the other three

EDIT - typo corrected.

It hits me anytime I see the "driving line" turned on. On the daily car awards, I remember how much I raced Audi R18's and other P1 cars in GT5 and 6. I'm not sure I've touched a P1 in GTS.

Only when I was completing the licence tests and when I play GT League, as the UI graphics and BGM really hark back to the older Gran Turismo days.

Doesn't feel like it without an AE86, EG6, '96 Viper GTS, Corvette GS, Grand Valley and all the other content from past GTS. Then, it'll probably hit.

So far, only the MR-2, FC & FD RX-7, R32 & R33, MKIII & MkIV Supra are the only original cars from GT1. Need a bit more nostalgia.

Yeah it hit me, when I was at Dragon Trail with the Audi TT in the second Beta, but it wasn't that type of nostalgia...

Because it reminded me of Dying Light. :lol: Because Run Boy Run.

The franchise just has created great moments that are etched in the memories of so many players individually. I for one am enjoying the gt league now, most of the time.

I would be happy to see the return of seasonal events. I loved hotlapping a Matterhorn track in an impreza in gt6.

Can't remember if was GT:3 or GT:4 but on one challenge there was a Cobra in Seattle.

In the GTS Ferrari challenge, on Monza, a 330 P4 made me flash back to that.

Gave a me similar feeling of "holy crap how is that thing so fast?"

No nostalgia for me yet. I really wish i could still drift a Lexus GS300 around Tsukuba. I put over 20,000 DRIFT miles on that car in GT6.
For some reason i cant drift anymore in GTS
Heartbreaking

Back