Does the Oil Indicator light come on in the cockpit?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Techy
  • 11 comments
  • 2,062 views
Messages
6,776
United States
Florida
Messages
gtamann123
Just wondering.
 
It comes on when you need to change your oil as far as I know. I've seen it come on in the HUD for my FGT when I drove too many races between oil changes. If you're talking about the light on the dash of a premium in car view...I'm not sure there.
 
i havent noticed but i have only needed an oil change in the x1, 787B and BMW M5..the M5 should have i guessed, but i think it only comes up in the HUD
 
I meant in Endurance races, when you drive too long your oil is near empty.
 
The light in the HUD turns on, I don't think a dashboard light in cockpit view turns on.

If you mean fuel, the cockpit's gauges and lights definitely do not show anything, only the HUD.

Oil goes bad, it doesn't get low (in the game).
 
The light in the HUD turns on, I don't think a dashboard light in cockpit view turns on.

If you mean fuel, the cockpit's gauges and lights definitely do not show anything, only the HUD.

Oil goes bad, it doesn't get low (in the game).

:( I wanted to see my GT-R's Fuel gauge to be operable.. Oh well.
Thank you.
 
Maybe edit your thread and title to read "fuel" instead of "oil" so people searching later will be able to find the thread.
 
Maybe edit your thread and title to read "fuel" instead of "oil" so people searching later will be able to find the thread.

Okay. How do you do that?
 
Yes an oil light will come on when it's time to change the oil. No, there isn't a fuel light at all.


Also note the oil is not affected in Bspec (I don't think mileage is either but I'm unsure). I had the light come on in my X1 and never changed the oil. The next time Bob used it the light was not on.
 
Also note the oil is not affected in Bspec (I don't think mileage is either but I'm unsure).

Yes it is... How come my X1 which only Bob uses got almost 100.000 KM on the clock now and only 1452 BHP? (never done engine overhaul, only oil changes)

The oil and the mileage in B spec is very much affected.
 
Back