Does the original Thrustmaster T-GT work in GT7 or not?

• Thread starter iPD Racer
  • 4 comments
Australia
Australia
Hey guys, just upgraded from a PS4 and GT Sport to a PS5. I have yet to buy GT7.

I use a Thrustmaster T-GT and am concerned that it's not usable currently in GT7 due to it being dialed down. How true is this? I don't want to have to buy a new wheel when buying GT7.
Is there many people that even use the T-GT still or has everyone upgraded now?
Just not sure what to do, looking for opinions.
Thanks

I've been using the same original T-GT with GT7 on the PS5 as I did with GT Sport on the PS5, and GTS on the PS4.

There's no fundamental problem. FFB is almost certainly different to what you're used to, but not by much. I use FFB torque at less than half and that's enough for me, unless you're a do-you-even-FFB-on-maxx-all-the-time-bro you don't have to worry about it being dialled back overall. I don't think FFB is as good now as it was at launch, but at launch I already felt it was a big step up over GT Sport.

Having said that, since adding a TH8A to the set up in GT7, I'm frequently (c. 1 in 5 sessions) getting the the FFB virtually completely disappear if the console has been in standby. Not sure where this glitch comes from, but turning it off and on again sorts it out.

I've been using the same original T-GT with GT7 on the PS5 as I did with GT Sport on the PS5, and GTS on the PS4.

There's no fundamental problem. FFB is almost certainly different to what you're used to, but not by much. I use FFB torque at less than half and that's enough for me, unless you're a do-you-even-FFB-on-maxx-all-the-time-bro you don't have to worry about it being dialled back overall. I don't think FFB is as good now as it was at launch, but at launch I already felt it was a big step up over GT Sport.

Having said that, since adding a TH8A to the set up in GT7, I'm frequently (c. 1 in 5 sessions) getting the the FFB virtually completely disappear if the console has been in standby. Not sure where this glitch comes from, but turning it off and on again sorts it out.

That’s a really good response! Sort of what I was thinking anyway. Thanks for your reply!

Back