Does the Sport mode share the pole position love around?

• Thread starter swillisam
  • 7 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
swillisam
I’ve only been playing the Sport mode online and I’ve noticed that sometimes I’m racing the same people again and again. The issue with this is that one individual was one second faster than everyone each lap so the field just waved goodbye to him to get pole position and the win. This happened for about 5 races until I stopped racing that mode.
  • I understand the matchmaking puts you with similar sportsmanship and speed ratings but does it share the love with who is the faster driver in the field?
  • How do people actually get pole position after setting a competitive time ie regularly top 5 regardless of mode
  • Do you have to set insanely fast times to ensure you get pole position or is it luck?
I would like to think that the matchmaking would change the field up a bit so you’re not racing the same people all the time therefore eliminating utter dominance by a racer over the field.

The player with the fastest time in qualifying practice rankings will always get pole position in every race no matter what.

The player with the fastest time in qualifying practice rankings will always get pole position in every race no matter what.

I understand how pole position works, however my question is how does the match making work that determines the fastest racer within your race.

eg sportsmanship, racing speed, location, internet speed but then does it try to mix up who you are driving against so that you aren't always racing the same 20 guys.

I assume it puts us in a pool based on our rankings. Then selects randomly from that pool. Perhaps there just wasn't many folks online at that time. I have done multiple races back to back and only seen one guy twice in a row, tbh i haven't seen many names more than once. At least none of the ones i remembered

I assume it puts us in a pool based on our rankings. Then selects randomly from that pool. Perhaps there just wasn't many folks online at that time. I have done multiple races back to back and only seen one guy twice in a row, tbh i haven't seen many names more than once. At least none of the ones i remembered
Hopefully it's just a small pool however I was racing at 8-10pm UK time so I would have expected to see a few more people racing. It happened a couple of nights in a row now. The guy in front of me was far too quick and I was best of the rest. Still good results but they were too quick for me.

I understand how pole position works, however my question is how does the match making work that determines the fastest racer within your race.

eg sportsmanship, racing speed, location, internet speed but then does it try to mix up who you are driving against so that you aren't always racing the same 20 guys.

Different people are online at different times too so the person who gets the pole can vary (as well as any other person on the grid).

Hopefully later, there are more casual events with mixed starting grids. Perhaps an "open" event similar to GT6 quick match. Only group drivers by SR. This would make for some hairy, interesting races, but should be clean enough with good SR drivers.

Matchmaking group by SR first, then by DR, trying to match them both as best as it can. So whenever you change SR you will proably be in an entirely different group.
Until you reach SR S eventually. When reaching S, the pool of players is much smaller, so it is not uncommon (depending on number of players at a particular time) to have players with DR ranging from A to D in the same race all with SR S (and occasionally, A).

Back