Does the windshield get dirty?PS4 

• Thread starter smithdan78
  • 18 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
thewispo
I've not raced long enough away from the pits to find out. But does the window get a dirt build up like the rest of the car?

I found if you just go to the pits and not into the garage box, the dirt remains all over the car when you leave the pits which is cool. But, im hoping if you are out for 30/40 laps+ the window gets covered in dirt. Is this the case?

There is an option for "Screen Dirt", is it turned on or off in your game?

I've run some hour long races and there have been no dirt or bugs on my windshield. I haven't spent much time in open top vehicles so don't know about those. Yes, it's enabled in the settings.

i'm sure i used to see faint specs on the windshield (or camera) that weren't really obvious enough to be dirt, they were just annoying and caused me distraction, so i turned the setting off pretty much straight away. perhaps i was just imagining things.

i'm sure i used to see faint specs on the windshield (or camera) that weren't really obvious enough to be dirt, they were just annoying and caused me distraction, so i turned the setting off pretty much straight away. perhaps i was just imagining things.

That sounds like the dirt. It's definitely not on the windscreen. Just external cameras. I turned it off too, along with most of the other visual settings.

I was thinking about that in recent days, added it to the suggestion thread over at the official forum ;)

Seems like I may have seen dust on some windshields, when the sun was shining through them at the right angle. Nothing significant though...

Last edited:
As with graphic design and video production, it's amazing what a high res overlay texture can do for an otherwise poor quality image.

In Assetto it's the lighting that really sets it off, and look at how much it does for a albeit modded, but still 10 year old game.....

That's a Richard Burns Rally track, crossbred with some Assetto magic. Static dirt, but still does wonders.

^ Truth, sadly. Its a great detail that works very well in AC.

I've seen dirt build up on my windscreen in iRacing but never in AC. But then my pit crew in AC always sends me out of the pits with a filthy windscreen, so I guess I wouldn't know if more dirt was building up as I drove.

Back