Does these cars have the same issues as in GT5?

Austria
Austria
Some things were plain wrong in GT5 especially some of the old muscle cars.

For example the 70´ Challenger Hemi topped out at 115 mph in 4th gear with a 3.54 rear axle. Engine redline in the game was 5000 rpm. In reality the 426 Hemi was one of the higher revving big blocks and could easily get to 6000 rpm and beyond in any gear, so real top speed should be in the 130-135 mph range.

The 64 Tempest Le Mans GTO had a 4.00 rear end which was never a factory option (3.55 was the steepest you could get with the base 389 which is represtented in the game).

The 69 Camaro Z28 in the game had 3.90 gears which were also not availiable (3.55, 3.73 and 4.10 were the factory options)...and so on.

Did Polyphony a better research on those cars in GT6 or do they still have these issues?

I can't answer those questions but I have noticed that a few car-specific issues and bugs remain unchanged in GT6.

I also remember reading that all the muscle cars in GT5 had the ratios of a GM 4-speed manual. Muncie Rock Crusher or something. So only the GM muscle cars had the right individual ratios.

Thank you all for the replies! :-)
I suspect these flaws still exist in GT6. :-(
Maybe someone who has one of these cars in the game can tell me.

I don't think they changed any gear ratios or final drive ratios.
And to make things worse, all the classic muscle cars seem to have super loud straight cut gears that drown out the stock exhaust, "forcing" you to equip them with a rubbish-sounding aftermarket exhaust.

I think actually a new issue has been introduced in GT6. The Lexus IS-F had "soft" gear changes in GT5, resembling an automatic transmission. When I was following the IS-F in the Tour of Japan races, it seemed to have normal sounding gear changes.

Back