Does this game actually have dedicated servers?

• Thread starter soap_hand
  • 2 comments
United States
US
I know they made a big fuss about the power of the cloud but that was mostly in relation to their AI system. I mean for actual online lobbies, are they all dedicated servers? That's a pretty big plus in my book as Gran Turismo 5 and 6 are all peer to peer hosted, right? So there is no host migration in F5 or anything like that? GT7 better have dedicated now that we are paying for PS Plus.

Yes Forza 5 has dedicated servers for sure. Battlefield 4 also has dedicated servers for sure.

All the other games on the X1 are supposed to have dedicated servers but that has been a bit of a grey area. Dedicated servers are actually one of the top selling points for me to get the X1 eventually. Peer to peer hosting can be so frustrating when people have a poor connection. Dedicated servers should resolve most online connection issues. As long as the servers stay stable.

Yes Forza 5 has dedicated servers for sure. Battlefield 4 also has dedicated servers for sure.

All the other games on the X1 are supposed to have dedicated servers but that has been a bit of a grey area. Dedicated servers are actually one of the top selling points for me to get the X1 eventually. Peer to peer hosting can be so frustrating when people have a poor connection. Dedicated servers should resolve most online connection issues. As long as the servers stay stable.
In Call of Duty Ghosts on Xbox One, I have never received a message about migrating hosts. That doesn't mean it has dedicated servers, but I am guessing it does.

Just read, the Xbox One is indeed dedicates servers for Ghost too.

Back