- 1,872

- Bogotá
- GTP_Suitan (w/ an i), SultanRS4
Here in GT4 whern you do a tight turn the cars slows down a lot. is this something that happens in real life cars? or only something in GT4?
ImprezaAddictHere in GT4 whern you do a tight turn the cars slows down a lot. is this something that happens in real life cars? or only something in GT4?
opendriver19aThis is caused by the "in-game" TCS. The computer is taking control and does not want you to spin out. It also depends if you have a car that tends to understreer a lot. EG;a FWD or a 4WD:tup:
DimitrovHehe
Our probably Montoya-Fan ImprezaAddict hasn't mentioned TCS or any other modifications.
I just went in the radix too early.![]()
MidnightRiotWhen you start driving, you'll see the car slow down when you let off the gas.
Wow. Did this add much to the discussion at hand? Please refrain from making pointless posts. A little levity is fine, but if you're not posting constructively as well, please consider not making the post.MidnightRiotWhen you start driving, you'll see the car slow down when you let off the gas.
sar593The only aids I have on are the ones of the understreer in the FF and AWD cars, the rest is off.
A proposito ImprezaAddict, yo tambien vivo en Bogotá.
DukeFrom the original message I believe he's referring to a very very pronounced effect of the stability controls, particularly in the license tests where you cannot turn these systems off. For instance in the MINI One at Tsukuba, anything more than a few degrees of steering input is equivalent to about 60% braking.
I'm not talking about loss of momentum, because I'm well versed in driving low-powered cars. It's literally a refusal of the car to rev with any significant steering lock in.
nikyIf you think it's bad on stock cars, you ought to try it on a fully modified front-driver... the engine shuts down completely every time you turn the wheel a few degrees.
And that's traction control... with stability control, it's even worse.
Hey.....you're from ClubRSXSirWaWathere always will be energy loss for every change of direction
just graph it as a function and you'll see
When I first identified this problem doing one of the Licence tests (full lap at Suzuka, A10 - I think), I dubbed it the "steering slowdown effect" because I found it happened with nearly every car in the game. It didn't matter if it had driving aids on or not and it didn't matter what drive-type the car had. Some cars were much worse at doing this than others, though.ImprezaAddictHere in GT4 whern you do a tight turn the cars slows down a lot. is this something that happens in real life cars? or only something in GT4?