Does this happen to you too online?

  • Thread starter Thread starter GTOne2Three
  • 17 comments
  • 1,529 views
Messages
932
Messages
Chicano3000X
Messages
Chicano3000
I usually do good on a free run, but when I am racing, I hesitate more.

And I get more sloppy the more I to catch up after losing my place.
 
Sometimes, unless I'm racing my pink Prius against prepubescents in the X1.:D

During the race, it's easy to lose it by hitting someone accidentally.:ouch:
 
When i lose consentration in a race i start to drive by the back lights of the car ahead and end up missing the line because of that. Trying to consentrate on the line and looking "through" the car ahead helps.
 
When i lose consentration in a race i start to drive by the back lights of the car ahead and end up missing the line because of that. Trying to consentrate on the line and looking "through" the car ahead helps.

Happens to me as well, it's kind of follow the leader and when they go off so do I.👎
 
I see this all the time, you are definitely not alone. I have a guy I race with a lot, he does great when he has the lead, but if I get in front, hes sliding off every corner.

Just remember the track and remember your car's limits. Keep your car on the track, if the guy ahead of you is faster, his car may just be faster and there isn't much you can do about that except bide your time. Sometimes they will make a mistake and slide off themselves, and if you are there and in control, you can take their spot :-)

Patience is a big part of racing.
 
Leaving the grid good start, good position I move over as you can't defend a line in this game against online players so its best to leave the door open BOOOOM some kid punts me off at the first corner just because he can. Ruins a definate podium finish and my mood for online racing good one kiddo. impossible to recover with any sort of respectable finish position after that. Sorry a little OT but its my personal hatred of rammers lol I agree with the OP I get more nervous when in a race instead of practise.
 
Yea, and I hate when people push by u and mess u up, like on the ring. its a hard track to pass on, I normally wait till the mess up, or some people are nice and let u by
 
I hate it when you are racing on a narrow track and someone in a far slower car decides to swerve across the track to block you. On a free run i usually find a way round them but during a race i either get stuck behind them for ages, or get wiped out trying to pass.
 
yeah i get this sometimes mainly pressure i put it down too.

i've sorta learned to put it behind me and i think its down too tryign not to knock people of the track or expecting to get it.
 
I get fed up of people trying to win a 5 lap race on the first turn, add that to the unpredictability of GT5s online ghosting, and I generally end up worse off. I hate these frigging prats (trying to stay inside the AUP here) who seem to think that because 'it's just a game', they can act like idiots... Why can't people grow up and be patient?
 
Does anyone else move to one side on the straights to let others whom are quicker pass them by? I know I do. I really hate being blocked, especially if I know I'm much faster than the person ahead. Also, I mainly stick to the Ring so it's hard to overtake.
 
I get fed up of people trying to win a 5 lap race on the first turn, add that to the unpredictability of GT5s online ghosting, and I generally end up worse off. I hate these frigging prats (trying to stay inside the AUP here) who seem to think that because 'it's just a game', they can act like idiots... Why can't people grow up and be patient?

Top tip, on the first corner try and stay out of the way of any idiots. They'll wipe each other out and you can pick up the pieces. And the ghosting is dodgy as well, people have overtaken me by driving right through my car, but i end up hitting them when i try the same.
 
I hate it when you are racing on a narrow track and someone in a far slower car decides to swerve across the track to block you. On a free run i usually find a way round them but during a race i either get stuck behind them for ages, or get wiped out trying to pass.

And I hate more when you are in front of a faster car and the idiot decides to wreck to pass you....
 
And I hate more when you are in front of a faster car and the idiot decides to wreck to pass you....

Yes but i don't hit them hard enough to wreck them. I always hit the brakes if i make slight contact with them, or give back the place. Good sportsmanship does you many favours in online races:tup:
 
I usually do good on a free run, but when I am racing, I hesitate more.

And I get more sloppy the more I to catch up after losing my place.

it is called "choking" and it happens to everyone! even pro sport players from time to time.

the best way the pros reduce the chance of choking is sumfink like "train like you fight, and fight like you train!"
:)


my peeve is that there are people like you who are very very very fast on hotlapping, but in the race they turn into complete idiots and have no concept on how to pass another car in a race. Often I see veteran motorsport pilots need to pass a comparable opponent they will follow the car ffor a few laps to see and study where that pilot is weak and they are strong and then pass them at that point on a following lap!! they are smart and fast! you cannot beat that combo! haha
 
I was in a NASCAR race earlier on with (what I'm guessing were) a bunch of little kids. Every time I tried to overtake one of them they would divebomb me on my way past or swerve violently as I pulled out. It really ruins the race. :grumpy:
 
I was playing online last night and one driver decided to ram me on the wall shortly after the race started before we even got near the turn. He just rammed me out of his way. Messed me up for the whole race. Luckily he lost it before the long straight. It was in the LeMans track.
 
Back