Does this website still have a virus?

• Thread starter gt5 fan
  • 45 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm. Never tried that before. Yeah my friend's laptop never had that product by microsoft. It was just Defender. If I end up getting another computer I will give it a try. Also, lol at the Youareanidiot.org video.

Why so much hate for AVG? I've always found it to be very good and I think it's the most popular free anti virus.

I use Commodo internet security just to throw another good Firewall/Anti-Virus spanner into the works. :)

Why so much hate for AVG? I've always found it to be very good and I think it's the most popular free anti virus.

"it's the most popular free anti virus"

This speaks for itself. If you're out there, coding viruses, and you want it to get past as many people's Antiviruses, you want to code for the most popular ones. So instantly, we know what ones we need to get past first in order for our Virus to be effective. First, you want to target consumer AV like Norton, and other paid, but weak AV systems, as most people think that what comes with their computer is enough to stop anything. Then you want to target free things, like AVG, Avast, and stuff like that, which are free, but shows that the users at least took the time to uninstall their original AV that came with their computer. Next we'd want to code for it to be undetected by things such as the paid version of Avast, Kapersky, and other ones, that get daily updates and have double/triple digit license costs. Finally, you end up with Enterprise level software, like ESET, where licenses can cost up to 300$

Basically, in the end it means that you want to code your virus to hit the most things, without spending a lot of money on testing it out.

Or at least, that's how I see it. I've worked on numerous computers at my previous job, and the only ones that were ever clean, were the ones we used on a daily basis in our shop. The ones that came in, could easily be hit by anything, because they usually ran the AV that came with the PC, or they had some "amazing free antivirus".

My "amazing free anti-virus" has not let me down yet. The computers that I installed Avast on never got a call back for a virus if they were updated normally. The free Avast updates 1-3 times a day from my experience if not once every other day. The free version of Avast has a constant live scan for email, files, and etc for a virus. It even has a Sandbox mode, a web browser plugin for checking websites and reporting them, remote assistance, and site blocking.

I'm in no way saying that you wasted money on a paid anti-virus but the free version has worked for me and I might even try investing into the paid version of avast since I like it so much.

My "amazing free anti-virus" has not let me down yet. The computers that I installed Avast on never got a call back for a virus if they were updated normally. The free Avast updates 1-3 times a day from my experience if not once every other day. The free version of Avast has a constant live scan for email, files, and etc for a virus. It even has a Sandbox mode, a web browser plugin for checking websites and reporting them, remote assistance, and site blocking.

I'm in no way saying that you wasted money on a paid anti-virus but the free version has worked for me and I might even try investing into the paid version of avast since I like it so much.

Avast is one of the better free ones out there, and I believe they still have the free two years of the paid version available on their site. The paid version is actually rather nice, though the blacklist and whitelist settings are a bit of a pain in the ass to set up. It does a great job of passive, full time scanning of literally everything, with barely any dent in CPU usage as well.

I was only using Avast as an example of Free, somewhat "better" software by the way.

MSE, free, and it does a good job, without slowing your machine down.

MSE is suprisingly good actually.

I'm currently testing out Panda Cloud Free on my PC's and it seems to be doing well. Having said that, I never get viruses anyway so I have no real way of telling if it is performing well or not!

I highly recommend MBAM. It has saved my workstation more than a couple of times.

bergauk
Lasty, @ gt5 fan. Take a look at this portion of the AUP, "You will not behave in an abusive and/or hateful manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack any individual or any group."

What you wanted to do, but since decided to not do. Is against the AUP. Good job.

Do you mean because I decided not to is good and not againsted the AUP? Also if things to cause viruses I do not give them to people I just tell them NOT to go on the site.

Do you mean because I decided not to is good and not againsted the AUP? Also if things to cause viruses I do not give them to people I just tell them NOT to go on the site.

I'm pretty sure gt5 fan had no intention of giving fellow GTP'ers viruses on their computers. Plus, doesn't your common sense tell you that when you enter a thread named "Does this website still have a virus?", you will be expecting a web address that is suspected to still have a virus? Any intelligent person would steer clear of websites and links that are expected to have viruses anyway.

MSTER232
I'm pretty sure gt5 fan had no intention of giving fellow GTP'ers viruses on their computers. Plus, doesn't your common sense tell you that when you enter a thread named "Does this website still have a virus?", you will be expecting a web address that is suspected to still have a virus? Any intelligent person would steer clear of websites and links that are expected to have viruses anyway.

You see some people say its gone and some say it hasn't. You are right that I had no intention of giving them viruses and it would have been my school friend who I would give it to but because it's still suspected to have a virus I AM NOT.

If you really want to give it to your friend, this is a legit website. I have a hard time believing Albino Blacksheep would allow any kind of malware on their site.

djinline
If you really want to give it to your friend, this is a legit website. I have a hard time believing Albino Blacksheep would allow any kind of malware on their site.

It was for the pop ups moving in the screen to annoy him but because it has a virus I am not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back