Does Thrustmaster Load Cells Work properly in GT SPORT ?

• Thread starter EbrahimX7
  • 23 comments
Saudi Arabia
Jeddah
Jeddah_Racing
Hey, anyone has a Ricmotech or sim racing solutions load cell and can confirm it works properly with no issues such as the amount of force required for 100% brake some ppl say it changes sometimes, is it true?

Regards,
PSN: FT_Ebrahim

While not a ricmotech or sim racing solutions kit, I ended up purchasing a Bodin Load Cell brake mod for my Thrustmaster pedals, but it took a tremendous amount of force to even come close to reaching full brake power in GT Sport. It was great for F1 2017 and PCars, but without any calibration settings in GT Sport, I had to switch back to the conical brake mod to effectively stop the car. Hope this helps.

I used the Ricmotech LC with T3PA Pro pedals and can confirm it works perfectly. Once you calibrate the brake the pressure required doesn't change. Just have to make sure you apply over 100% pressure to calibrate ,if that makes sense.

You will know by watching the brake indicator. If it drops immediately after reducing a little pressure, you were not achieving 100%. Press harder until until you are at the point you can reduce a little pressure without losing brake power level. Once you understand the process, it takes all of 2 or 3 seconds to do.

I picked up the CSL Elite LC pedals, thinking I was missing out on something. Wasn't the case at all. The CSL Elite pedals are adjustable for resistance and travel to a certain extent. After weeks of testing, and adjusting the LC to a point I feel helps me run quickest, the CSL LC ended up feeling almost exactly like the Ricmotech LC in regards to pressure and travel. Highly recommend it.

Edit.
GTS is what I play 95% of the time.

Last edited:
Ok thanks. So which pedals do you prefer? The CSL or the T3PA pros? Also did you figure out a way to run CSL pedals with TMaster wheel and PS4 console?

I used the Ricmotech LC with T3PA Pro pedals and can confirm it works perfectly. Once you calibrate the brake the pressure required doesn't change. Just have to make sure you apply over 100% pressure to calibrate ,if that makes sense.

You will know by watching the brake indicator. If it drops immediately after reducing a little pressure, you were not achieving 100%. Press harder until until you are at the point you can reduce a little pressure without losing brake power level. Once you understand the process, it takes all of 2 or 3 seconds to do.

I picked up the CSL Elite LC pedals, thinking I was missing out on something. Wasn't the case at all. The CSL Elite pedals are adjustable for resistance and travel to a certain extent. After weeks of testing, and adjusting the LC to a point I feel helps me run quickest, the CSL LC ended up feeling almost exactly like the Ricmotech LC in regards to pressure and travel. Highly recommend it.

Edit.
GTS is what I play 95% of the time.

Ok thanks. So which pedals do you prefer? The CSL or the T3PA pros? Also did you figure out a way to run CSL pedals with TMaster wheel and PS4 console?

Both pedal sets are great. Both very well built and solid. Both will need to be mounted to a very solid platform.
Funny story, I sold the Pro pedals to a friend. I had been using the CSL pedals to run the current Sport TT. I changed the pedals to the Pro set so that he could quickly try them out. Before he arrived I ran a few laps on the TT and beat my best time by 4 tenths, which is huge.
I have since then adjusted the CSL LC to a point where I feel it helps me run quickest. Feels very much like how the Ricmotech modded Pro pedals felt, which is higher pressure and shorter travel.

Using the Drivehub for compatibility with the T300 on the PS4.

And to maybe better answer your question, I should have just kept the modded Pro pedals. But maybe I'll pick up a CSL Elite wheel next year.

Both pedal sets are great. Both very well built and solid. Both will need to be mounted to a very solid platform.
Funny story, I sold the Pro pedals to a friend. I had been using the CSL pedals to run the current Sport TT. I changed the pedals to the Pro set so that he could quickly try them out. Before he arrived I ran a few laps on the TT and beat my best time by 4 tenths, which is huge.
I have since then adjusted the CSL LC to a point where I feel it helps me run quickest. Feels very much like how the Ricmotech modded Pro pedals felt, which is higher pressure and shorter travel.

Using the Drivehub for compatibility with the T300 on the PS4.

And to maybe better answer your question, I should have just kept the modded Pro pedals. But maybe I'll pick up a CSL Elite wheel next year.
Sounds like the ricmotech load cell for either my T3PA or G29 pedals are the way to go. I have the plastic T3PA (non Pro) pedals. Now Im wondering if I should go with the G29s or T3PA LC Oy! Its all so complicated!

I have 2x Ricmotech Loadcell kits on T300/T3PA Pro pedals with red bushing with washer installed & a second setup with G29 wheel/ pedals. I play PS4/GTS. I am struggling to calibrate the Thrustmaster setup. The G29 works great I used the red bushing & swapped the old brake spring to clutch and accelerator, fantastic outcome with no dramas. I wish I could say the same for the Thrustmaster..

I have a Thrustmaster TGT. I picked up a set of T3PA Pro pedals off ebay that have a Ricmotech Load cell installed. In GT Sport, I had to press the brake pedal harder and harder, it would not calibrate. There is another thread here where people talking about the same problem. I'm not sure how the people in this thread have made it work. I ended up installing a bolt through the base of the brake pedal mount to make a full, hard stop for the brake pedal. Even with this it's not consistent, a quick press gives me full braking, but if I back off and then press hard again, I don't get full braking.

It's possible there is something wrong with my load cell-I did buy it off ebay. Regardless, that's been my experience.

Are you changing your brake foot position by chance? The crazy thing for me is that depending on how far up or down my foot sits on the pedal face greatly impacts the amount of pressure I'm applying on the brake. For instance of I apply pressure mostly on the top edge of the pedal face, it is much easier to apply full pressure due to leverage. If my foot slides lower on the pedal face, then it becomes almost impossible to apply full pressure.
This happened with both my Ricomotech LC T3PA Pro pedals and my CSL Elite LC pedals.
Maybe this is what you are experiencing? Once I became aware of what I was doing it became easier to place my foot in the same position.

Are you changing your brake foot position by chance? The crazy thing for me is that depending on how far up or down my foot sits on the pedal face greatly impacts the amount of pressure I'm applying on the brake. For instance of I apply pressure mostly on the top edge of the pedal face, it is much easier to apply full pressure due to leverage. If my foot slides lower on the pedal face, then it becomes almost impossible to apply full pressure.
This happened with both my Ricomotech LC T3PA Pro pedals and my CSL Elite LC pedals.
Maybe this is what you are experiencing? Once I became aware of what I was doing it became easier to place my foot in the same position.

What you say makes sense, however with my setup it's less relevant as the pedal has an absolute stop point.

I did some more testing last night. The bolt I installed only allows about 30mm of pedal travel before it stops, there is zero dead zone with my setup. I can calibrate 100% braking with the pedal at full stop. The problem is, when I press to 100%, then release slightly, then press to full stop again, I only get about 70=80% braking force, even though I'm pushing just as hard.

I noticed the Ricmotech deflects somewhat when I push firmly. I'm thinking if it's flexing, then it's likely reading differently depending on the rate it's pressed. A quick firm press to the stop gets to 100%. A slow push to the stop is about 80%. I'll take a look at how it was installed.

Another possible issue: My rig is not very rigid.

to be fair my lap times have come down with both thrustmaster & logitech LC setups the G29 is a sweet setup i would skip thrustmaster & go for something higher end if i was looking

Agreed, I can already see it will improve my times, but it's just too inconsistent as it's set up right now.

I bought the Ricmotec LC for the Tmaster T3PA PRO pedals with plastic pedal arms. So far I am about a second slower per lap and dont seem to be closing the gap. For context my fast lap times are usually within a second of the top 10. It's only been 4 sessions so I will keep working at it but so far I'm pretty disappointed. My biggest problem is carrying too much speed everywhere. I am a nightmare to race against. Constantly missing braking markers and almost slamming into other cars. I have zero confidence under braking. I'm either over braking or under braking and have no feel.

Last edited:
i am getting good laps a wheel stand with seperate seat doesnt work that well for t3pa pro setup. the logitech g29 pedals are fine. i suspect the lever action on the LC in the thrustmaster design is a possible problem. maybe relocating the LC under the spring would be better?

I have a separate seat and wheel stand. Have a rope attached to both side of the stand and then looped around the base of the seat. That not moving but my pedal plate flexes a fair amount. It's a next level racing stand. Total piece of garbage. I'll have a look and see if I can get the load cell under the spring. When I am stopped and apply full brake pressure I have to push very hard to get the meter to full red. Then when I back off to 70% i cant get back to 100% without fully disengaging and re-applying the brake.

I bought the Ricmotec LC for the Tmaster T3PA PRO pedals with plastic pedal arms. So far I am about a second slower per lap and dont seem to be closing the gap. For context my fast lap times are usually within a second of the top 10. It's only been 4 sessions so I will keep working at it but so far I'm pretty disappointed. My biggest problem is carrying too much speed everywhere. I am a nightmare to race against. Constantly missing braking markers and almost slamming into other cars. I have zero confidence under braking. I'm either over braking or under braking and have no feel.

I'm not sure which model of T3PA Pro has plastic arms. Which one is that?
Anyhow, when I changed over to a load cell with the Pro Pedals, I went back and did all the Driving School and Missions. I believe it helps adapt and become more precise to the load cell, especially the shorter segments that allow many repetitions.

You are correct, I mistakenly reffered to them as T3PA Pro. The pedals with plastic arms are named GT Edition. They come with the T300 RS GT edition, hence the name.

Staying on topic, I think its just a learning curve issue in the end. I'm not pressing as hard as I was initially for full brakes and I have positioned my foot abit higher. This seems to have solved the issue. It's so much better for modulating the brake pressure! When I think about it too much it gets harder. You really have to trust how it feels!

Thanks. I will give that a try.

I'm not sure which model of T3PA Pro has plastic arms. Which one is that?
Anyhow, when I changed over to a load cell with the Pro Pedals, I went back and did all the Driving School and Missions. I believe it helps adapt and become more precise to the load cell, especially the shorter segments that allow many repetitions.

Back