Does tyre temp make a difference

  • Thread starter Thread starter damoffman
  • 10 comments
  • 684 views
Messages
11
Messages
DaMoffman
Hello guys, I've enjoy racing on extreme level gt-r race on Suzuka wet track and it seems the start of the race when my tyres are blue my laps are a little messy and I lose several positions then after 2 or so laps when my tyres are grey I seem to claw the time back slowly but surely, the car I use is around 50bhp less than than the Ai cars and I use the hard tyres inters to start then pit in for slicks , is this a trick of the mind or does the temp gauge for tyres work.??
 
According to Kazunori Yamauchi's most recent tweets, yes :)
 
Dark blue tyres means they are cold, which means they have less grip. Once your tyres go light blue, it means they have warmed up, therefore are much more sticky, so start going flat out ;).
 
Dark Blue= Cold, low grip.
Light Blue = Warm, full grip (unless the tyres are worn)
Red= Too hot, really low grip.
 
I think the effect isn't as much as in prevous GT's though. I remember in GT4 you couldn't get anywhere near your best lap time with tyres that were too fresh or too worn.
 
I think the effect isn't as much as in prevous GT's though. I remember in GT4 you couldn't get anywhere near your best lap time with tyres that were too fresh or too worn.

Yeah GT4 was huge on the tyre department. Once they turned green, the show began. Halfway through yellow when there is a tinge of orange, bye bye grip.
 
So I'm not imagining it then that's good it also seems that that track is drying out aNd the rain is light on the track and it isn't raining on the whole circuit? absolutely loving the game I'm level 36 bspec and bored of grinding it and now,level 23 aspec gonna complete formula gt tonight when the missus finishes watching her soaps.
 
So I'm not imagining it then that's good it also seems that that track is drying out aNd the rain is light on the track and it isn't raining on the whole circuit? absolutely loving the game I'm level 36 bspec and bored of grinding it and now,level 23 aspec gonna complete formula gt tonight when the missus finishes watching her soaps.

Just make sure you ALWAYS use racing softs ;)
 
I would say their is a difference especially online, my car understeers and slides for the 1st lap or most of it, then once a few laps in it knuckles down. I have tried a few slides on the 1st few corners or blitzing the throttle to induce some rapid heat in the tyres, I was not really testing or measuring so could not say what the effect was or if their was a difference in time to get decent traction.
 
Just make sure you ALWAYS use racing softs ;)

Yeah I normally do but most races are to easy so I use tyres with less grip to get more enjoyment out of the races other wise it can male the game as as dishwater, my mate beat the 4 hour endurance on aspec and finished 30+ laps ahead how boring must that have been, I think it's more exciting using lower powered cars or weaker tryes than the Ai cars.
 
Yeah I normally do but most races are to easy so I use tyres with less grip to get more enjoyment out of the races other wise it can male the game as as dishwater, my mate beat the 4 hour endurance on aspec and finished 30+ laps ahead how boring must that have been, I think it's more exciting using lower powered cars or weaker tryes than the Ai cars.

If he did a 4 hour race 30 laps ahead he did it wrong. Only purpose of doing a time based enduro with a far overpowered car is so you get parking time. Only need to technically race around 3 hours of that race.
 
Back