Donnington Moto Gp UK course+Macau's deadly road course

• Thread starter HamOnRye
  • 3 comments
England
Rivera of the North
Hamonrye333
I used the tricks to make an accurate Donnington track that has hosted F1 and still is the UKs MotoGP course/weekend. Sadly the elevation isn't there but there's very slight changes to ensure the same flowing series of corners remains. Getting one wrong will slow you through the rest.
https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gt6/user/#!/friend/Hamonrye333/course/2022561/

I also as a bike fan looked at the Isle of Man TT and the North West 200 road racing courses but due to scale they had no character or, if they did, no realism with originals. However Macau, the equally deadly road racing circuit was different. It has no dramatic elevation changes in reality so it was only trying wrestle scale with reality and character that was the issue. Anyway I managed to get there in the end. I must admit that, like its original with all the fatalities, it offers a challenge that takes some getting to grips with. Which is only right.
https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gt6/user/#!/friend/Hamonrye333/course/1993057/

Finally, this is a Supermini shootout course that has proved to be a belter. 375pp is around 1min 30/39 depending. 1.31 is best so far in a 5 manufacturer shootout. Can anybody get under 1min 30? I'll leave a link to club event if somebody finds they're flying along...
https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gt6/user/#!/friend/Hamonrye333/course/1969543/

https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gt6/user/#!/clubid/1056131/event/1061619/

None of your link's work mate. Also regarding the isle of man tt course, did you try my version ?

I'll give it a shot (TT) Is there a link? As most of lap is flat out on bikes (or at least 5th and 6th) it must have been hard to get the right bits in right places to make it work. I'm looking forward to it.

I must admit that after exhaustively following Jordan's excellent instructions to the letter(and repeatedly checking them) I'm at my wits end. Not even working for me. Arghhh. I realise using an I pad makes them flakey but it appears only friends and club members can use tracks. Which is a downer frankly. Especially after the better ones have had plenty of use, tweaks and the like to make them work better. Somebody beating 375PP 1min30 on Supermini course and finding out someone's settings, splits etc would have really helped me (selfishly speaking) as, as you can imagine, my lack of mileage etc leaves me several seconds (8 on the shorter (bizarrely) 375pp course mentioned) behind the faster bunch. Harrumph
I dare say I'll dig out the laptop again and go in using that BUT changes to link ie the. /friend/Hamonrye333 which I found on your post which lead to Jordan's instruction are clear, concise and seem idiot proof....
Anyway, thanks for heads up. I'll give your track a shot (and use for a TT probably) and, as so many friends have migrated to PS4 if curiosity gets the better of you or you get time just send a friend request to Hamonrye333 and access things that way. If you want. Apologies. I should have realised the I pad would let me down again but I really thought the logic of code and careful typing would negate the effects.

As an aside, as you clearly know how things work could you maybe help me with something? Many of club members are barely half way through so don't have the cars, cash or mileage others have (I've only 12,000miles, 500 (mostly under a mil) cars and 18mil) I thought making up for tuning inexperience I'd pick one or two expensive cars from my garage, use stock settings and let anybody use them. Is this possible without it being a multi member co ordinated event such as the awesome huge ones on GTForum? The 'one make' car options I was given for rallying as an example just didn't really work. Is there a way round this you could recommend? Any sort of help/replay/instructions/tips would be very much appreciated. Christian.

All my tracks are in the GT6 track database mate, the Isle of Man TT is on page 3 as we speak.
Also no one else can use your cars like in GT5, it's just another one of those features PD decided to get rid of like shuffle racing.

Last edited:
Back