Don't Question My Heart: A Racing Series Ch.1

• Thread starter Cade
  • 4 comments

Cade

(Banned)
United States
Texas
cade04
Official theme song of the series: Don't Question My Heart by Saliva.

A normal sized 6 foot dark young man who looked like he's in his twenties walked to his green TVR Cerbera Speed 12. He gets in his car and waits for a moment. He thinks about the accident that took place at the Dream Car Championship. The accident that took.the life of his best friend. This is the story of a new legend, a legend who simply goes by the name of Max.

2011 Dream Car Championship 3 Lap Nuringburg Race: The field is composed of some of the best drivers in the world. David Andretti, Max's best friend qualified for third place. He drove in a Corvette C6 Race Mod. Next to him, Andretti's greatest rival Louis Branton. Andretti was a fairly young man, 23 years old had blonde curly hair. He held a naive but serious look on his face. Branton, 30 years old, was driving in a black Ford GT Test Car. The engines revved as the field got set to race. Andretti was leading in the Championship in points. All he had to do was finish the race better than 4th place. The gun sounded and the drivers were off. As expected Andretti and Branton were leading the race, neck and neck. Both drivers started to break away from the pack as they tried to tough it out in the heavy German downpours. For lap one, the two dominated the race Andretti was able to get an edge on Branton as they entered back into the main area of the N24 HR course. Max was in the crowd, watching his best friend lead the race. Lap 2 was all Andretti as he cruised down the long straightaway with ease going into lap 3. This allowed Branton to come back. They were both neck and neck again, and eventually Branton took over with the power of his Ford GT. Andretti could've let Branton win the race, but he couldn't stand seeing his rival win at any event over him. Lap 3, the.Lon straightaway, both cars side by side. Andretti vs Branton, Ford GT vs Chevrolet Corvette. Branton slightly bumps into Andretti. Andretti doesn't take that lightly, Andretti rams back into Branton with his Corvette. Branton starts to lose control, bumping back into Andretti. Both cars collide into the wall at 200 MPH as the crowd watches in shock and horror. Andretti's car barrel rolls about a 1500 feet, before it catches in flames. Branton's car slams into the rail and stops. Firefighters and medical crew comes out as the fire enrages even more. The medical crew already knew it was too late, Andretti was dead. Max sits with his head down, unable to watch. Branton stays in his car, also unable to watch. Many members of the crowd knew it was too late. A tragic end to the Dream Car Championship. Max already knew that Andretti died as well. Max got up from his seats and left the track.

A terrible flashback to have. Max drives to Chase's house.

End of Chapter 1.

My first attempt at this.

I like it 👍 But I do hope the chapters are longer than Ch. 1, at least detailed and picture-perfect. Photos is always nice as well as it assists in picturing the scenes, but isn't required.

The later chapters will be longer. I've just noticed how short my chapter was comparing to other stories.

That is really wall-of-texty. You should space it out with paragraphs. Anyway, good job.

Edit: One more thing. The end of that chapter seemed a bit awkward to me how you split up the two sentences about how the crowd & Max knew that Andretti had died with a different sentence. Personally this is how I would have written it.

Many members of the crowd, including Max, knew it was too late. A tragic end to the Dream Car Championship. A shocked and saddened Max got up from his seat and left the track.

Still, this is a great piece of writing. I hope you continue this series!

Last edited:
Back