Dont say GT5 say GT4 Sequel

• Thread starter paddworth
  • 21 comments
I say that there should be a GT4 Sequel. Not worrying about the cars, no new ones dont get rid of any just these points need to be sorted out before GT5 is made

Some things I would love are:

• Races where you have to have a certain amount of horsepower, or a set amount spent on it. It would be really great if you had to enter for a beginners race a car with only up to £15,000 spent in total on everything put on the car or in big races up to £1,000,000 or something, so you dont have such strict limitations.
  • Also if you have hired engineer advisors or a company to race for, they could either give you a car or they will give you a set amount to spent on only their cars and let you mod it up with their logos or have it painted one of their set styles of car visuals.
  • Loans
  • A little sticker of the car you have used to tune
  • Test Driver before you buy
  • Something to make someone like me understand the different tuning stuff like someone to advise you on gear ratios like an engineer and the more you pay them the better the advise
  • Racing for a tuning team by qualifying for one then they give you money to spend and you win cars off them
  • Help finding cars like a search for the cars you want feature
  • More Save Points in races
  • Races where novalty cars are welcome liek the Diatsu Midget.
  • Tractors as well as pickups - maybe a GT5 point but hey
  • Putting additions such as visuals on the exterior, maybe you can just put on basic number or logos please or even air holes etc. like you can in real life
  • Driver names and rivallry
  • When racing in car championships of a set car, some of the AI should be slightly tuned to give a range of competitors
  • More races like a section of races like the used car, whihc dont affect anything, but have criteria that are set and on chosen tracks that you can just take part in for money. These can be easily set up.
  • Entrance fees so if you just retire you LOSE MONEY.
  • Collisions and pace cars when you crash come on - maybe on GT5
  • Some special features no other game has every thought of that would be so emense people would love your game and it would be famous like special multiplayer things like car football and destruction derbies or even go kart racing tracks etc.
  • Also it would be nice if you could really feel like you are actually a member of a team not just a sunday driver, I want engineers, mechanics, sponsership deals, I want to get money from putting a companies name on my car.
  • If there is a better career mode where you are a member of a team then depending on your A-spec points you could qualify for a better team, this would encourage people like me to get A-spec points not just win by a million laps. 💡
  • Auto-qualifiying, the best car qualifies top.
  • Preset rarity or street cred or classic car status, which has different levels, which give you bonus's or something along these lines for those of us who buy nice looking cars and then can't use them as they are so disadvantaged and want something like Top Gears porsche thing so they can show off the looks
  • Ability to sell cars online
  • I know some of you would not like this, but please MODing.
  • One last item - If we do have damage, then please make it very expensive
  • Just get some of the minor additions sorted out, no new cars or tracks.

And remember - the 5 second penalty makes me angry :scared: :grumpy: :crazy: :yuck: :indiff:

Also if you are from Gran Turismo please listen to this:
BEFORE YOU MAKE GT5 PLEASE PLEASE MAKE A GT4 THING WITH THESE DETAILS AND NO NEW CARS OR TRACKS BUT JUST A GT4 UPDATE, I DONT WISH TO WAIT 5 YEARS OR SO JUST FOR THESE TINY DETAILS, and call it "GT4 : Sequel" or something really lame like that, think of it as an expansion pack. Remember we are simple people won over by nice sounds and pictures.

paddworth
I say that there should be a GT4 Sequel. Not worrying about the cars, no new ones dont get rid of any just these points need to be sorted out before GT5 is made

• Loans
  • Test Driver before you buy
  • More Save Points in races
  • Driver names and rivallry
  • Collisions and pace cars when you crash come on - maybe on GT5
  • Ability to sell cars online
  • I know some of you would not like this, but please MODing.
  • One last item - If we do have damage, then please make it very expensive

And remember - the 5 second penalty makes me angry :scared: :grumpy: :crazy: :yuck: :indiff:

Those would I probably love.
I was just thinking about World Rally Championships ;) Hpw about that?

Uber damage, flippable cars, proper wear and tear, better customisation, custom paint jobs, online modes, and more realism please.

*dreaming* would be so nice!!!

but i am wondering if the ps2 could handle damage and things like that with a game like gt4...

............wow..............I don't know how shokked PD will be, when they read the standard requirements asked from us:drool:

Zardoz
Reading through this forum, you have to wonder what some of these people are smoking...

- drugs and lots of them :scared:

Also about the ps2 capability, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the PS3 set to come out next summer, how about a GT4 :sequel released right then so everyone can look in awe at the wonder of the ps3 and its GT4 sequel, then you have more power and ability to have more cars in a singe race.

paddworth

• Loans
  • Auto-qualifiying, the best car qualifies top.

Loans? Man, that's a little TOO real for me. I don't want to think about car payments when I'm racing my cars.

The auto quailifing thing was kinda funny though. I mean, how do you determine which car is best? And since it's more about the driver then it is about the car, how would that be an accurate way to qualify? Assume the cars are of the same class.

Whats wrong with loans, say you took out a loan to buy a car, and there was an entrance fee to get into the race, with some of the other cars with basic turbos and extra things as improved AI. Then if you lose money if you come last or retire it's clear your gunna race so hard, because otherwise they will posses your car. That would make a good race. Also then if you crash whilst recklessly overtaking then you would be seriously bummed, so if you have a loan for a car your more likely to race realistically

One point, why do we have to actually own all our cars, I mean who actually as a person owns an F1 car, people like Kimi Rakkinen don't even own one they have someone make it for them.

Also for auto-qualifying you could either have like in Forza it depending on the car, and there is a set order of cars or you could have it depending on your HP, which would be better with HP limits.

paddworth
Whats wrong with loans, say you took out a loan to buy a car, and there was an entrance fee to get into the race, with some of the other cars with basic turbos and extra things as improved AI. Then if you lose money if you come last or retire it's clear your gunna race so hard, because otherwise they will posses your car. That would make a good race. Also then if you crash whilst recklessly overtaking then you would be seriously bummed, so if you have a loan for a car your more likely to race realistically

One point, why do we have to actually own all our cars, I mean who actually as a person owns an F1 car, people like Kimi Rakkinen don't even own one they have someone make it for them.

Also for auto-qualifying you could either have like in Forza it depending on the car, and there is a set order of cars or you could have it depending on your HP, which would be better with HP limits.

What happens if you don't keep up the re-payments? Someone come round and break your legs!!!????

TMM
What happens if you don't keep up the re-payments? Someone come round and break your legs!!!????

A little exreme, but yeah, that's more or less my point.

I'm not saying it's not realistic. Just not something I really want in a "driving simulator" not a racing sim.

As far as the auto ranking goes. Being placed according to HP is kinda dumb. That means the person with the most money gets up front. Not always the one with the most skill.

I think every race should have a qulaify option, thats best for everyone, if you're bothered, qualify, if you're not start at the back. If you don't want to qualify but don't want to start at the back have an option b-spec the qualifying then a-spec the race.

live4speed
I think every race should have a qulaify option, thats best for everyone, if you're bothered, qualify, if you're not start at the back. If you don't want to qualify but don't want to start at the back have an option b-spec the qualifying then a-spec the race.

Yeah, I think that'll make a much bigger difference with more cars in teh race. With just 6, it's really not all that bad to start out in the back. But if we're talking 15-20 cars, yeah, that 6th place start is going to make a difference.

racing teams: yes, but onyl for larger races. i dont want to have a team so i can race a Civic at Midfield Raceway.

Car Mods: possibly. the wings they have now have to go. If there are body kits, they should be very low profile. nothing flashy.

damage: YES. expensive: YES flippable cars: YES.

if im flying down Seattle and i get sideways, and hit a wall i dont want to slide on the side my wheels for an hour. flip the damn thing over. and i dont want to be able to drive away when its all said and done. you crash, the race is over. get clipped, spin out, hit a wall at 100mph, the race is over. (unfortunately this is probably impossibel because of the damn licenses from the car companies. so i think this is somethign we should take up with the likes of Ford and Chevy, rather than PD.)

Bones Brigade
Car Mods: possibly. the wings they have now have to go. If there are body kits, they should be very low profile. nothing flashy.
If there's more body kit's they should be full on kit's, not some half arsed tiny bits that would make little or no difference to a car. Look at the kits you see in GT racing or DTM racing ect, I want to be able to turn my Viper GTS into something along the lines of the GTS-R Sprints that raced in the 90's, not an almost standard looking Viper with a wing and sideskirts, the same applies for every car.

live4speed
If there's more body kit's they should be full on kit's, not some half arsed tiny bits that would make little or no difference to a car. Look at the kits you see in GT racing or DTM racing ect, I want to be able to turn my Viper GTS into something along the lines of the GTS-R Sprints that raced in the 90's, not an almost standard looking Viper with a wing and sideskirts, the same applies for every car.

ill agree with that. maybe the should just bring back the racing modification like they had in GT2 and add a few more choices.

live4speed

you know it would have been nice if you could at least put the racing wings on cars that would accually get them. now i am speaking gt4 but i fear it may pass on to gt5.
what i;m talking about is that at least 3 cars that race at Le Mans, or endurence racing ( Saleen S7, 911, and Zonda) you cannot put a wing on. I'm not big on the F&F stuff but i'd like to as close as possible to replicate the S7R ,911 GT3RSR, and Zonda. I just think there may be a legal reason that you cant do that.
who knows, i'm done...

b

I liked the wings as an option mostly because of their functional benefit, since I feel that on most cars they looked pretty damned silly! :yuck:

I agree that proper full on body conversions should be put in (reintroduced, maybe I should say - however with a twist: ) that affect the car's weight distribution and it's overall weight (since most replacement bodies are fibreglass / carbon fibre etc) as well as its aerodynamics.

With this, some way of visualising the car's weight distribution would be necessary, I feel.

As for damage, it would be great if it was very expensive to repair dings etc (scrapes not so...) and if you roll your car (argument for a rollcage in 'serious' races, especially off-road) the car should be "written off" i.e. it is irrepairable

However undamaged parts should be able to be salvaged from the smouldering wreck to help save the cost of rebuilding the monster...

Just think how devastated you would be if you spent "months" nurturing a standard car into a race machine, then a slight error with car control, a slightly over zealous overtaking manouvre, or some numpty in a skyline causes you to lose your pride and joy to the armco.

I feel I may need spare controllers... :scared:

Griffith500
As for damage, it would be great if it was very expensive to repair dings etc (scrapes not so...) and if you roll your car (argument for a rollcage in 'serious' races, especially off-road) the car should be "written off" i.e. it is irrepairable.
Why????? You see cars roll in rally racing and various different motorsports regularly and they arn't write off's. A roll isn't going to do all that much damage to you're car other than to the body and in a car without a roll cage there may be structural work to be done, but unless it's at a stupid speed in which case any crash would write the car off, then it's not a big deal.

Hey, how about when your car rolls over, it bursts into flames and your little guy goes running from the car before your nice little car explodes everywhere :)

Latest Posts

Back