Donut Question.

• Thread starter Gee-dub-ya
  • 10 comments
Gee-dub-ya
After watching the ghost of the WR holder on gymkana attack (iyahhoou) to get an idea of the best route I'm slightly confused.

Surly by definition having to donut round an obstacle to clear that trick should consist of one complete revolution around it.

They manage to clear the trick by approaching from 6 o'clock passing the lampost and leaving it at 12 o'clock, basically sliding past it.

Is this a glitch or just a fault with the way the game recognises the trick?

Lately I've been going back and doing the DC Challenges in Dirt Tour mode. Donuts have been a bit of a problem for me, particularly in the Freerun and Gymkhana Attack challenges. Sometimes I have to do half a rotation to satisfy the requirements of the trick; other times, I have to do a lap and a half. I suspect the reason for this difference is the angle that I slide around at. The greater the angle, the less rotations you have to do. So watch iyahhoou's video again and take not of the angle he is at when he slides by the marker. I'm willing to bet he goes past at almost ninety degrees.

Angle, Speed, And Proximity are what determines how fast the tetrahedron fills up. It's always been like this. You don't need to do 1 rotation necessarily, nor o you need to be orbiting around the object to score points. I found that I have a higher chance of platinum-ing gymkhana attacks when I end the donut early by just spinning in place when the gauge is nearly full, it'll still count until the game realizes you're not going around the thing anymore.

The question is which does Dirt reward most, for example drift seems more rewarded for speed then the other factors. I'm not sure of what is key to the Donuts to fill it quicker.

The entry angle, as suggested, has a huge bearing on the speed in which your donut os recognized. Come in as hot as you can manage and use the e-brake to get a lot of rotation. You want to slide past it essentially and apply throttle just before you reach the area around the obstacle, which initiates forward momentum to take you around the back side of the obstacle. If you have enough speed, enough angle and the right line you can get all 3 triangles filled with around 180º of rotation.

Basically, aggression is the key. Go in hot and work on your line.

The question is which does Dirt reward most, for example drift seems more rewarded for speed then the other factors. I'm not sure of what is key to the Donuts to fill it quicker.

Proximity from what I've noticed, but don't just be driving around it, you've got to have some wheelspin and angle too.

Proximity from what I've noticed, but don't just be driving around it, you've got to have some wheelspin and angle too.

Tbh I've never thought about what I'm doing with the donuts because whatever I have been doing works :lol:.

I noticed this because I went for every platinum... and one of them require you to donut around a stack of tires that don't form a circle... Because of that I've had an extremely difficult time getting it to start counting the donut. It's elongated shape meant I had to constantly adjust the angle and acceleration. I magically encountered the meter filling up really fast when I decided to ebrake super close to it, so I suppose that's how I learned of it. *shrugs*

I don't think the meter fill is really weighted in one direction, but I'd agree that proximity is the most important to shoot for. A slow donut close to a pole is no better than a fast one a few feet further back. Proximity is probably the most difficult to achieve and therefore more important to focus on.

EDIT :: Consider distance travelled I guess ... you will have more rotation faster the closer you are to the pole.

To be fair I don't think he passes particularly close to the post or at an overly acute angle.

Has anyone else watched it?

Back