Double G Motorsport's Logo and Livery Emporium

• Thread starter doubleg213
  • 26 comments
United Kingdom
The Federal Republic of Northumberland
doubleg213
7IHQOhW.jpg

I'm sure this could get messy very quickly as I have so much stuff I am trying to work on so please bear with me while i try to start this off with some semblance of order and structure to it.

Shared Liveries: https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport/user/profile/1004729/gallery/carLivery

Shared Decals: https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport/user/profile/1004729/gallery/decal

Last edited:
Audi TT Cup Gr.4
Audi TT Cup - DTM Classic Livery

Keywords: #dtm #doubleg213 #stuck

Based on the Audi V8 of Hans Stuck. Although I left off the extra decals on the side (Dunlop etc.) as the TT shape really doesn't lend itself to them as it gets far too busy.

Audi-V8-Quattro-DTM-44228.jpg

EmHyBHU.jpg

While experimenting I was trying to replicate the look of the Sanyo Audi Team Sweden car which Stig Blomqvist used to rally.

As a result, I came up with these.

96LzZp0.jpg

Audi Team Sweden #dtm #doubleg213 #sweden

Audi Team Germany #dtm #doubleg213 #germany

They are all kind of plain but I quite like them.

I have a vague idea of adding flags to them as well and doing several nations to be able to do an Audi TT Nations Cup one-make championship or event.

But I have more than enough other livery ideas to keep me occupied instead.

Last edited:
Subscribed. Can't wait to see. The banner and avatar look promising!

Thanks.

I expect I'll be a bit hit and miss. I'm an adequate but not great Illustrator user, but very good at using Photoshop, which can mask a multitude of things.

Mercedes SLS AMG Gr.4

Keywords: #dtm #doubleg213 #ludwig

I initially tried to make it exactly like the original but it looked a bit naff in game so I settled on a modern interpretation, so it's more a case of it having the feel of the original.

I will do a rework with the Sonax in silver as I have a cutout image now so I can do that, but need to start from scratch as this was the first livery I made on the Open Beta.

80ZQilQ.jpg

YYskB46.jpg
Z2sodV1.jpg

Ford Mustang
Ford Mustang Gr.4 and Gr.3 - DTM Eggenberger

Keywords #dtm #doubleg213 #eggenberger

Based on the Eggenberger Texaco Sierra livery from the DTM.

I've done two version, one which has the number as part of the livery and one which uses the GT Sport Numbers so that it looks OK in Sport mode.

If you search for the liveries there is one called just Eggenberger and one called Eggenberger GT Sport No.

Pictures show Gr.4 version with fixed number but Gr.3 and GT Sport number version are also shared with same keywords.

Fhrzbur.jpg

Ford Mustang
Mustang Gr.4 Lui - DTM Lui

Keywords: #dtm #doubleg213 #lui

Livery based on Manuel Reuters Group A. Sierra RS500.

The only real detours from the original I took are the roof as the layering wouldn't allow it while retaining the fluorescent paint and the rear panel. On the original car the yellow stops at the rear corner but it just didn't work on the car properly.

Likewise because of the difference in the roofline I had to adapt the yellow on the arc over the door.

For what on the face of it looks like a simple livery it was actually quite involved. All of the logos are ones I made myself and I had to paint the car in fluorescent yellow then use the inverted logos and a lot of the in game shapes to block everything else off in black.

lui_no5_001.jpg

lui_no5_002.jpg

lui_no5_003.jpg

Quick update, I've republished the Lui Mustang this morning as there was some yellow bleeding through on the seams around the bonnet which I've now fixed.

I've also uploaded Dodge, Hellcat and Mopar logos.

DTM Ford - 1988 Class Reunion
Slight element of repetition here really as the Lui car I've already posted and I have previously done the Eggenberger / Texaco Mustang livery remakes from previous years.

As I was in the position of having several cars on the go and none really getting finished I decided to try and focus a little by doing some cars from a single year as it sort of comprised of a set then.

Intro%2001.jpg

Intro%2002.jpg

Intro%2003.jpg

thumb04.jpg

Car No.4 : Klaus Niedzwiedz #dtm #doubleg213 #texaco

Title in gallery link from post 1: DTM '88 - 04 - Niedzweidz

thumb05.jpg

Car No5: Manual Reuter #dtm #doubleg213

Title in gallery link from post 1; DTM Lui V2.0

thumb06.jpg

Car No.6 : Steve Soper #dtm #doubleg213 #texaco

Title in gallery link from post 1: DTM '88 - 06 - Soper

thumb18.jpg

Car No.18 : Klaus Ludwig #dtm #doubleg213 #speedware

Title in gallery link from post 1: DTM '88 - 18 - Ludwig

thumb19.jpg

Car No.19 : Frank Biela #dtm #doubleg213 #biela

Title in gallery link from post 1: DTM '88 - 19 - Biela

thumb20.jpg

Car No.20 : Bernd Schneider #dtm #doubleg213 #heingericke

Title in gallery link from post 1: DTM '88 - 20 - Schneider

thumb25.jpg

Car No.25 : Armin Hahne #dtm #doubleg213 #wurth

Title in gallery link from post 1: DTM '88 - 25 - Wurth

The only car I am missing is Herbert Drexler, he did some races in a car run by the same team as Armin Hahne (Wolf) so presumably also in the Wurth livery and he was car 26. However, I cannot find any reference images to confirm this.

Last edited:
DTM Ford - 1989 Class Reunion

A few cars in amongst this lot which are similar to the previous years cars, such as the Wurth backed cars. Had to take a few little decisions to have things slightly different on some just for aesthetic reasons or because the Mustang shape doesn't allow for a truly accurate representation of the original car.
They should all come up by searching my username or DTM as tags but that seems very hit and miss.

The title above the pic is what they show up as on my gallery on the GT Sport website through the link in post 1.

DTM '89 - 07 - Hahne

thumb07.jpg

DTM '89 - 08 - Ferte

thumb08.jpg

DTM '89 - 25 - Biela

thumb25.jpg

DTM '89 - 27 - Schmitt

thumb27.jpg

DTM '89 - 30 - Niedzweidz

thumb30.jpg

DTM '89 - 31 - Brancatelli

thumb31.jpg

DTM '89 - 44 - Weidler

thumb44.jpg

DTM '89 - 45 - Murmann

thumb45.jpg

DTM '89 - 46 - Dieudonne

thumb46.jpg

ATCC.jpg

ATCC Class of 1989 Reunion
Again I had to take liberties with a couple of the cars for fitment, there are also some fairly plain/dull cars in this batch but for completeness I did them anyway.

The ANZ Bank and Gullivers Tyres aren't exactly a busy car to make.

My favourite of the batch though is the Whittaker's Peant Slub / Francevic car. Very simply livery really once I had the logos made up but I love the old fashioned fonts etc. and think it makes for a lovely looking car.

So much so that like the Lui livery I ended up making a rally version as well on the Focus.

intro01.jpg

intro02.jpg

ATCC '89 - 04 - Bond

thumb04.jpg

ATCC '89 - 05 - Brock

thumb05.jpg

ATCC '89 - 06 - Meidecke

thumb06.jpg

ATCC '89 - 08 - Bagnall

thumb08.jpg

ATCC '89 - 09 - Moffat

thumb09.jpg

ATCC '89 - 14 - Carter

thumb14.jpg

ATCC '89 - 17 - Johnson

thumb17.jpg

ATCC '89 - 18 - Bowe

thumb18.jpg

ATCC '89 - 19 - Matthews

thumb19.jpg

ATCC '89 - 20 - Crichton

thumb20.jpg

ATCC '89 - 25 - Longhurst

thumb25.jpg

ATCC '89 - 27 - Francevic

thumb27.jpg

ATCC '89 - 30 - Seton

thumb30.jpg

ATCC '89 -55 - Waldock

thumb55.jpg

ATCC '89 -105 - Jones

thumb105.jpg

Followed a long time ago, Well weeks ago, Love your work, And your decals have also been a godsend 👍

I've seen you like a few things on my feed in GT Sport and thought I recognised the username, it's bloody mental how fast they seem to mount up on there though.

Really just making stuff for my own enjoyment, my main game for the last few years has been GTA V and I spent more time making stuff in creator and doing artwork for organised events than I did playing.

With GT Sport so far it's more time in Illustrator and Livery Editor than racing.

My Illustrator ability is accelerating pretty quickly though now. Used to do lots of logos for the like of Dirt and Assetto Corsa but with them being Photoshop they all ended up no good even on the PC games.

Having Illustrator files and scalibility is making me look at all of my PC livery ideas afresh again as well.

Classic(ish) Subaru Rally Liveries

Although I've mostly been doing the Sierra's I'm a rally man at heart, so I've set myself away with some Subaru liveries.

Someone has to make some that aren't blue, don't have 555 on them or the Subaru flashes.

Works Legacy Liveries
Two cars, no.5 based on the Marku Alen car and no.7 based on the Colin McRae variant which had greeen substituted for some of the pink.

Legacy01.jpg

Legacy02.jpg

Possum Bourne Liveries
I was lucky enough to meet Possum Bourne a few times, very good driver and more importantly a really good guy so I wanted to make a few variants based on his car.

All should show up if you search for #Possum or #doubleg213 in game or you can get them through the gallery link in post 1.

They aren't clones, but hopefully decent tribute / re-imaginations.

Rally New Zealand Subaru Legacy

possum01.jpg

1996 Impreza Group A Livery

possum02.jpg

2000 Rally Australia / Havoline S5 WRC Livery

possum03.jpg

I've seen you like a few things on my feed in GT Sport and thought I recognised the username, it's bloody mental how fast they seem to mount up on there though.

Really just making stuff for my own enjoyment, my main game for the last few years has been GTA V and I spent more time making stuff in creator and doing artwork for organised events than I did playing.

With GT Sport so far it's more time in Illustrator and Livery Editor than racing.

My Illustrator ability is accelerating pretty quickly though now. Used to do lots of logos for the like of Dirt and Assetto Corsa but with them being Photoshop they all ended up no good even on the PC games.

Having Illustrator files and scalibility is making me look at all of my PC livery ideas afresh again as well.

Yeah I can't help myself I always find I get part way through making a new livery and oh crap time to see if doubleg has it :sly:

I've been doing much the same less racing and more livery creation so the logos are nuts on fantastic as I am still slowly getting the hang of Inkscape and creating what I can while the creator is still open so I'm not having to go back getting all the colour swatches again and generally wasting time.

Have to say honestly without your logos I wouldn't have even half of the liveries I have so far 👍

Ford BTCC Class of 1987

Intro00.jpg

I still need to do the Graham Goode/Listerine car, but it needs quite a lot of work for the Listerine dragon and I don't have many very clear sample images so it will need quite a bit of time to do right.

Rather than getting bogged down on that one I though I'd leave it till later so I can finish the rest of the 1987 cars and get on with the following years as well.

The Kaliber cars might have to wait till the end as well, I have a very good version of the horse logo but at this stage I can't get it anywhere near 15kb so need to do a fair chunk of adjustment to get it down there.

Intro01.jpg

Intro02.jpg

BTCC '87 - 01 - Percy & Rouse

thumb01.jpg

BTCC '87 - 02 - Hall

thumb02.jpg

BTCC '87 - 15 - Smith

thumb15.jpg

BTCC '87 - 16 - Gravett

thumb16.jpg

BTCC '87 - 18 - Mahoney

thumb18.jpg

BTCC '87 - 19 - Morgan

thumb19.jpg

Last edited:
1987 Australian Touring Car Championship - JPS Team BMW

DZcy_KhX0AEeKmY.jpg

Happy we have a proper Group A era car to play with now, rather than doing replicas of that era onto the modern versions.

Car 3 - Jim Richards: https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport/user/livery/1004729/1/8511821989726388249

Car 4 - Tony Longhurst: https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport/user/livery/1004729/1/7358904889611681809

Car 12 - Ludwig Finauer:
https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport/user/livery/1004729/1/7358904883166085145

Last edited:
Just saw your OP, Q8 Oils RS200 is already done, By yours truly if your interested ;) Its nice to see we have very similar tastes, Loving all your work buddy 👍

I grew up on stories, videos and books of the 60s and 70s while the first motor sport I was watching was late group B and early group A.

Basically I only like stuff that has no grip!

First post is massively out of date like the rest of the thread. I've done loads more of the Group A onto a Group 4 car models but it ended up that I have something like 100 cars to add so it's a daunting task now.

1988 Australian Touring Car Championship - Mobil 1 Racing BMW M3 Team

5846248536203624972_0.jpg

Another ATCC set up. I know it's still not a Holden, but on the other hand for those of you who can't bring yourself to drive a Ford at least it's something original and Brocky.

#1 - Jim Richards - https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gts...lery/all/livery/1004729/1/8295662408194589201

#05 - Peter Brock - https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gts...lery/all/livery/1004729/1/6990181468829942297

#7 - Neil Crompton - https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gts...lery/all/livery/1004729/1/7134292250202244625

Back