Downfall of a Legend: Chapter 4, Shop 'Til You Drop

United States
Massachusetts
llClaude_Speedll
BlazingSol05
Hey everyone, this is my first story on GTPlanet, which follows the story of a rookie street racer known as Eric. Enjoy!

That night in Shoren-In:
Ma2Cs.jpg
[/IMG]

All is quiet. The only light is the TV screen. Eric sat on his bed, reading his new issue of GT Life, when something very strange caught his eye. It was an interview with one of the world's most recognized street racers of all time; Derek Coleman, or 'Dagger'. Dagger was feared by every racer that rode the streets of Japan. His ride? A one-off, purpose built, fully modded and tuned Ferrari SP1. Built just for embarrasing and shredding the lives and cars of the victims that got in it's way. He has NEVER lost a race in his life. Eric was sweating just looking at him and his car. His car collection is so big, he needs an airport hangar to hold them all. Each car was either stolen, won, or bought. Eric slammed the magazine shut and muttered to himself.

Why can't I be like him? Street racers NEVER get this much attention! He must be GOOD!

Eric's father heard him and came walking in.

What's all the whinin' about kiddo?

Look at this moron!

Eric showed his dad the article. His dad smiled and chuckled.

Son, didn't anyone tell you that you can do anything in life? You just gotta try. I'm sure this 'moron' as you call him wasn't good at first, but he never gave up and look at him! You can be just like him...

He patted Eric on the shoulder.

...as long as you try.

He walked away, leaving Eric puzzled. Could he really be JUST as good as Dagger? Only time will tell!

Last edited:
Chapter 1: A Star Is Born

The next morning, Eric woke up to the sound of birds chirping and dogs barking, as usual. He got out of bed and walked downstairs. There he saw his father reading the newspaper.

Mornin' kid.

Hey dad. You don't mind if I...umm...borrow your Roadster, do you? I need to make some...errands! Yeah, errands.

Are you crazy? Remember the Micra you borrowed?? Drove it off a damn cliff!

Eric looked down in shame. His dad rose from his reclining chair and pulled something out of his pocket. The jingling sound got Eric's attention.

Here's the thing, I was going to give this to you for your graduation present, but I guess I could give it to you now.

He handed two very shiny keys to Eric. He gasped when he saw the Mazda logo on one of the keys.

Really? You mean it??? Thanks dad!

He hugged his dad so hard, it's surprising his eyeballs didn't pop out. He let got of his dad.

Just don't let me catch you doing crazy stuff, okay?

I promise dad.

He ran out the door. He ran his hands along the side of the car, it's beautiful glistening orange paintjob shining in the sun. No crazy stuff, eh? Well his dad wasn't around to see what Eric was doing. About ten minutes later, in the heart of Tokyo, the sound of a Supercharged Rotary engine lit up the sky...
qerRa.jpg

WheeHee!! This car's a blast! How could anyone hate this thing?! No street racer could beat me in this corner-crushing hot rod!

Just then, the sound of a TDI engine roared louder and louder, until the car was next to him. It was a shiny orange VW Golf Mk4, but in racing trim! The driver unrolled the driver side window.

Hey dbag! Heard you like smoking, so I figured I'd do just that to you!

He revved his engine. The turbo hissed loudly.

I'm gonna grind you to dust!

Eric's heart pounded as he accepted the challenge. The two cars lined up.

7wHH0.jpg

The golf blew it's horn 4 times and took off, the Roadster right behind him.

MmbUi.jpg

Jesus that thing is quick!

They flew down Tokyo, neck-and-neck. They approached the first corner, the Golf was quicker around this corner.

MSuGR.jpg

HAHAHAHAHA!! Your Roadster is NO match for my R32!

They raced on. The Roadster was beginning to lose sight of the Golf.

4uEku.jpg

How much power has he got in that thing???

They approached the next corner, the Roadster gained ground on the Golf.

WWaa5.jpg

NO WAY! HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE?!!

They got to the big semicircle corner. Eric saw his chance, and gunned the Roadster past the Golf!

zQ15A.jpg

YEAH BABY! I GOT THIS!

The Golf did everything it could to try and pass, but the Roadster blocked him at every chance. They rounded the final corner...

JCEUR.jpg

I LOST???? HOW CAN I LOSE WHEN MY GOLF IS SO MUCH STRONGER???!!!!!

YEAH! I won, but just barely!

Eric drove home that night with keys to the street racers Golf. Stay tuned for Chapter 2, coming soon!

Great start. I'm glad to see someone use their imagination when it comes to engine swaps.

Thanks guys. I promise Chapter 2 will be up tomorrow!
P.S. why is every smilie an 'awesome face'?

Chapter 2: An unexpected race

The next day, Eric decided to visit the small local go-kart track he grew up with. When Eric graduated from High School, the track was shut down for good. He called it Autumn Ring. Eric noticed the entry gate to the track was broken open, and no sooner than you could say "VTEC just kicked in yo!"...
4KUY7.jpg

Whoohee baby! Just like ol' times!

Eric threw the Roadster around the corners with a big grin on his face.
OQh66.jpg

When Eric came around to the finish line, he noticed two other cars at the old finish line. They were lined up at the grid. Without hesitation, Eric pulled his Roadster into the slot '3' spot.
5DYKQ.jpg

A bright red Fiat 500 and a purple Fairlady Z were parked at the starting line. When they saw Eric and his Roadster, they started their engines...
ci3WZ.jpg

I can't wait to see what this thing can do!

P0QPa.jpg

I know this car like Sheen knows his drugs. Nobody'll be able to defeat me!

ye51L.jpg

Nothing like knocking out two birds with one stone!

The little Fiat beeped it's horn 4 times, and the race began. The Roadster got a perfect start and overtook the 2 racers quickly.
VCf6T.jpg

Damn that thing is quick!
I'll go easy on him so he thinks hes quicker, and when the time is right, I'll leave him hanging!

They rounded the first corner. The Fiat trailed behind the racers.
S59zT.jpg

Maybe Steve was right, this car sucks!

The driver of the Fairlady engaged his plan and surprisingly overtook Eric!
ryJVG.jpg

Ah crud...
Alright! The heats gettin to him quick!

They raced on. Eric tried everything he could to overtake the Fairlady, but everything failed.
kzeJI.jpg

YQ56e.jpg

Come on baby...you can do this!
He's got nowhere to go! This race is ALL mine!

Or was it? The Fairlady lost grip and skidded towards the outside of the track. The Roadster shot past him on the inside!
kDQ6I.jpg

WHAT?! THIS IS MATHEMATICALLY IMPOSSIBLE!!
Eat my dust, plum-face!

The Fairlady's driver stared in shock as the Roadster crossed the finish line before him!
QtwiK.jpg

I WON!!! IN YOUR FACE!

After the race, Eric was waxing his rims when somebody tapped him on the shoulder. Eric looked up at a blonde-haired man standing before him, about 25 years old or so.
Hey, I was the Fiat driver. You got some great skills dude. Congrats on the win!
Eric noticed something very familiar about his voice.
Josh? Is that you???
Eric? My long lost brother???
It's you! After all these years I never thought I'd meet up with you in a race!
I know bro. It's been so long. How's dad been?
Great. He recently gave me this beautiful Eunos Roadster, was supposed to be a graduation present, but he gave it to me ahead of time.
I see, my wife recently kicked me from the house. All I've got is a job at GTAuto and this little Fiat.
Well why don't you and I catch up on some family oriented things?
Alright, but I've got alot of stuff to unpack. It's in my Sambabus at the local camping grounds.
Not a problem man. Wait, did you say...Sambabus???
Well, yeah. Why?
I heard theres some Bus racing tourney coming up! We should enter it!
Are you crazy??? That thing is more rotted than Lincoln's house!
But you DID say you work at GtAuto, right?
Yeah, we could fix it up there!
Great idea! Let's go!

Eric and Josh drove their respective cars to the camping grounds to pick up the Sambabus.

CLIFFHANGER!! Stay tuned for Chapter 3, coming your way soon!

Nice chapter, keep it up.

By the way, I really like the pictures, they look great, especially the panning ones. :)

Nobody seems to be really fair to Charlie these days...:lol:

Chapter 3: Challenge Accepted

After Josh was settled in at Eric's house, Josh and his father decided to catch up on some old times, like fishing at the nearby lake and watching the Drifting Tourneys held at Tokyo Bay. Eric stayed at home, and did some further research on Dagger. He found this:
Name: Derek "Dagger" Coleman
Origin: Gion
Crimes: Possession of controlled substance; Marijuana, Robbery, Grand Theft Auto (x14), Assault with intent to kill, Pimping, Street Racing
Last Seen: Travelling down Route 7 at 200 MPH in a Blue Sportscar, of unknown origin.

Wow. This guy's insane! He's lucky not to be jailed for life on what he's done!

Just then Eric heard a beep of a horn outside. He stood up from his office chair and walked to the front door. When he opened it, he couldn't believe his eyes...
m65mJ.jpg

An American car?! Really?
But it's an SRT8!
I don't care! It's-

He stopped when a man stepped out of the car. His jaw nearly hit the ground.

KEVIN BUTLER?! HOLY S**T!!!
Whats up kid? Your father and I have worked out a deal with Dodge. We've given you this car for free, but you need to do us a favor. We need you to get the attention of the Tokyo Police by wrecklessly driving around Route 5. You'll need this as well!

He screwed in a replica number plate of Dagger's real plate.

Now get out there Eric! You do your job, and the car is yours.
Will do Mr. Butler!

He hopped into the drivers seat and sped away.

Later that night, Police Cameras caught these sitings of the Challenger...
4Kdw7.jpg

nphkg.jpg

52LUZ.jpg

Wow this car is better than I expected! I can actually FEEL the power being transferred in this car! But... where's my Roadster??

Eric returned to his home in Shoren-In
pK3uN.jpg

Whatcha think? Fun, eh?
That! Was! AWESOME! Thank you so much Kevin!

He hugged Kevin

Um, your welcome!

Afterwards, Josh and Eric worked on the Challenger, teaming up with Lion's Den Performance to design the ultimate Dagger-Killer, complete with 747 screaming angry horses!
dMgWx.jpg

Raw American Muscle, Ready to KILL!
That SP1 is DEAD!

Zr45q.jpg

Bet his Ferrari can't do this!

He returned home, eager to await the reports of the Dagger/Challenger prank.
saPcE.jpg

Chapter 4 coming soon!

Dagger has a awesome license plate.
I like this story because the main person (Eric) has the same name as me! :D

Last edited:
Chapter 4: Shop 'Til You Drop

The next day, Eric woke up to the sound of swearing and frustration. He hurried downstairs to find his father covered in milk.

What happened dad???
Stupid ***in thing just exploded! Go get me another shirt now!

Eric rushed to his dad's room to get another shirt. He gave it to his dad, who changed into it.

Where's Josh?
He had places to be. He borrowed the Challenger too.
Well I was going to give it to him anyway.

Eric walked outside to get the mail. He brought it back inside. He handed it to his father, and walked back upstairs to watch TV. He switched to Channel 21 News to find this:

DAGGER INVOLVED IN POLICE CHASE. THE CHASE LASTED FOR 3 HOURS. THE COPS LOST DAGGER ON ROUTE 7 WHEN THE TRAFFIC CLEARED UP. IT IS UNKNOWN ON HIS WHEREABOUTS, BUT POLICE SAY HE MAY BE HIDING AT THE SHOREN-IN HOTELS. LIVE FROM GION, I'M KIMBERLY SIMONS, CHANNEL 21 NEWS.

Eric grew pale when he heard the 'hiding at the Shoren-In hotels' part. He switched off the TV and ran downstairs. He found his dad reading an automotive mechanics guide.

D-d-d-d-d-DAD t-t-t-t-t-
Calm down son! What the hell are you gettin all excited for??
DAGGER IS RIGHT DOWN THE STREET!
Cool! Maybe I could tell him how good of a driver you are!
ARE YOU INSANE?! He's got more muscle and weaponry than even some military personel!
Oh if you're SO concerned about me, then I'll stay.
Good idea. He's extremely dangerous.
By the way, I found this...
He opened up an envelope, and handed Eric a small card. It read "Congratulations Eric McWeary! You have won a chance of a lifetime! Head down to Red Bull Autos to claim your prize!"
No way...is this a joke?
Nope son. You see, right after you got that orange Miata, I entered you into a drawing. No details on the prize, so you'll just have to go down there yourself!
Ok cool! I'll take a cab down there.
He called up 'Rick's Quick Cabs' and hitched a ride to Red Bull Autos. He was greeted by a middle-age man a tad taller than Eric with a big brown moustache.
Hello, and welcome to Red Bull Autos, where we strive to help you feel the need for speed! I'm Jerry, co-manager of the place!
He took out a list and read from it.
Are you...Eric McWeary?
Yes I am! It's a pleasure to meet you sir!
They shook hands and proceeded to walk inside. Eric was greeted with 8 exotic and very expensive cars. His jaw nearly hit the floor!
Here you are sir! Choose a car you want, and it's yours to keep!
Eric glanced around. A stunning black and red corvette caught his eye:
EvcGD.jpg

Not really into American cars, but this one's an exception. I'd like to reserve this car Jerry!
He caught sight of a green SLR McLaren. The green made his mouth nearly water!:
MZDFr.jpg

Forget the Corvette, this baby's HOT! Reserve please!
He walked around. He noticed a bright yellow RS6 Avant.:
Kzyv6.jpg

Oh god. That thing is HIDEOUS! Next!
He saw a bright orange Mustang, heavily modified into a drag racer:
UqO97.jpg

Nice! I can see myself in this thing! Reserve!
He saw a Ferrari 458 Italia and a Pagani Zonda R parked near each other:
Xc78v.jpg

6Byry.jpg

As nice as they are, they won't keep me from that SLR.
Then something caught his eye. Could it be? Or was it an illusion?:
9lijh.jpg

YUKA'S SKYLINE??? OH MY LORD!
Who's Yuka?
Oh never mind. What's the last car you got for me?
A beautiful C63 AMG! Black with gold chrome wheels!
vOs5z.jpg

Sorry, but I'm not interested. Jerry, I'd like that SLR McLaren!
Go ahead kiddo! It's yours!
Eric lifted up the gull-wing door and seated himself inside. His heart pounded as he gripped the steering wheel. He started the car, and was greeted with the echoing roar of 12 gigantic cylinders. He floored it, and literally crashed through the front doors of Red Bull Autos, nearly hitting a customer!
Watch it you jackass!
Eric raced home. He couldn't wait to show Josh and his dad his new present!

Chapter 5 coming soon!

I'd just like to ask if you can make the pictures smaller? My computer is a piece of 🤬 and it's hard to read this. Not just because of me, but there may be others with the same problem.
Also try and keep away from these kinds of colors. It makes it extremely hard to read.

Latest Posts

Back