Philippines
Philippines
skygrasper_550--
Has anyone acquired any of the track day hypercars yet? I mean these 4:

• Pagani Zonda R
  • Aston Martin Vulcan
  • McLaren P1 GTR
  • Ferrari FXX K

I would like to know their downforce levels before I buy one, especially the Vulcan. I hate how PD messed up the Vulcan in GT Sport big time, as it's supposed to have downforce rivalling FIA GT3 cars in real life.

I've tried the FXXK in the Ferrari 1 Lap Magic.

It's kinda skittish, I didn't really think too much of it after it being one of my most wanted cars at the start. It does handle well, and is rapid but there was always an element of 'she could step out on me at anytime' when I was really attacking with it; be it the agility of Ascari or the sweeping speed of Curva Grande, attention was always required unlike, say, the predictability of a GT500 car or a Le Mans car.

Will pick it up eventually but wouldnt prioritise it anytime soon.

I have all of them except the Aston. Zonda R by far is the best of the rest. Ferrari next and the P1 was quite disappointing, especially at its price tag.

The Zonda will tear up Gr3 cars.

I tried it today and find it a waste of credits. It handles as an understeered pig.
Power oversteer is almost impossible above 2nd gear.

Can't believe this is a true representation of the car that Aston Martin build. It handled probably better before patch 1.13 though ...

Over exaggeration in this is unbelieveable. Vulcan doesnt handles like a pig nor waste of money. It does some minor understeer but its extremely stable at corner exits on its stock tuning. If you want more oversteer just increase front downforce a little bit or max out both front and rear downforce which makes Vulcan handles brilliant.

I have all of them except the Aston. Zonda R by far is the best of the rest. Ferrari next and the P1 was quite disappointing, especially at its price tag.

The Zonda will tear up Gr3 cars.
I just did the Interlagos S-8 Liscense test in the Zonda, so it was base settings, no tuning.

It accelerates like a bat out of hell but it takes corners at about 3 to 5 mph slower than a Gr3 BoP car at Interlagos. I personally was not impressed by its downforce in the corners.

Like talhaONE, I found the Vulcan stable and enjoyable to drive but I don't have a reference for it like I did with the Zonda. It just happened that Interlagos BoP race is this week and I just did the Zonda S-8 Test.

Last edited:
The Zonda R certainly does not have the downforce levels of a GT3 car in the real world, considering its claimed top speed of 263 mph.
I do see that figure bandied about on a few websites, which sounds like a hypothetical minimum-downforce top speed that I don't see a source for.
In standard trim, where the car won't suddenly kill you while turning due to half a tonne of downforce, it'll top out at about 350km/h.

Has anyone acquired any of the track day hypercars yet? I mean these 4:

• Pagani Zonda R
  • Aston Martin Vulcan
  • McLaren P1 GTR
  • Ferrari FXX K

I would like to know their downforce levels before I buy one, especially the Vulcan. I hate how PD messed up the Vulcan in GT Sport big time, as it's supposed to have downforce rivalling FIA GT3 cars in real life.
Aston Martin - Max DF is 500 F - 650 R - adjustable
Mclaren - 450 - 700 - adj.
Ferrari - 350 - 500 - non adj
Zonda - 450- 750 adj.

Last edited:
Zonda R is nice, remember it from Interlagos S-8. It handles like a Racing car. Rather than an exotic.
Now we know what the R stands for. 😉

It was always a great car. I remember an epic one make race in Rome with the Zonda R. Probably GT4?

its extremely stable at corner exits on its stock tuning.
Wasn't that what I wrote? Understeer = stable (even too stable) en no rear traction loss = stable ...

But I agree that understeer can be reduced easier than I expected with few adjustments in the setting. So the car gets some more credit.

I remember an epic one make race in Rome with the Zonda R. Probably GT4?
There was an epic race in Rome with Zondas in GT3; not with the R though (which I believe arrived to the series with GT5), but GT's LM version!

Last edited:
RUI
There was an epic race in Rome with Zondas in GT3; not with the R though (which I believe arrived to the series with GT5), but GT's LM version!

This is the one I was thinking of. In GT3-6.

This is the one I was thinking of. In GT3-6.
That's the one!

Back